Anyone else feeling this?

michmike

I must be way out of touch. I have cruised eight times my ninth comming up. I have attended any roll call that I posted on. Never had any raised eyebrowns from the crew, only help. Meet the doctor, hotel manager, and cruise director all at a CC meet&great. They answered questions and left when they had to. The people were all wonderful, even the standoffish ones.My DH only came to one group activity. We learned a lot about destinations from CC's who visited there previously. We passed each other in verious parts of the ship and exchanged greetings. It was very nice to see people you have had an online relationship with. We were on an excursion with a couple and had the bus wait for them as no one else knew them.They were not late everyone else came back early.

I have never though it was an obligation to attend the meet & greet and no one ever made me feel that way. Are we all that uptight that we just can't enjoy and be nice to people? Are we making a lot over nothing, or is this a real problem? You all would probably not like me, I am a hugger, toucher and a talker. I do get the message in body language, so I won't

come near, if you are offended by southern behavior of friendliness. I look forward to the meet & greets.

Cely

Are we all that uptight that we just can't enjoy and be nice to people? Are we making a lot over nothing, or is this a real problem? You all would probably not like me, I am a hugger, toucher and a talker. I do get the message in body language, so I won't

come near, if you are offended by southern behavior of friendliness. I look forward to the meet & greets.

Cely

I personally would love to meet you. There needs to be more people like you out there!;)

I must be way out of touch. I have cruised eight times my ninth comming up. I have attended any roll call that I posted on. Never had any raised eyebrowns from the crew, only help. Meet the doctor, hotel manager, and cruise director all at a CC meet&great. They answered questions and left when they had to. The people were all wonderful, even the standoffish ones.My DH only came to one group activity. We learned a lot about destinations from CC's who visited there previously. We passed each other in verious parts of the ship and exchanged greetings. It was very nice to see people you have had an online relationship with. We were on an excursion with a couple and had the bus wait for them as no one else knew them.They were not late everyone else came back early.

I have never though it was an obligation to attend the meet & greet and no one ever made me feel that way. Are we all that uptight that we just can't enjoy and be nice to people? Are we making a lot over nothing, or is this a real problem? You all would probably not like me, I am a hugger, toucher and a talker. I do get the message in body language, so I won't

Cely

Add me along with Chloes Nana as someone who would love to cruise with you. I am a people person and a hugger and talker too. I am not from the south , but I am Italain. Thats just how I was brought up We hug, we talk (ALL AT ONCE SOMETIMES *LOL*) we tease and joke and just enjoy ourselves Oh yea and we eat too *LOL*

I know where you are coming from, to people who aren't as chatty or touchy it can be a turn off, and I like you know when to not tread there. But that still doesn't mean you can't enjoy peoples company and have a nice chat.

For a while we didn't bother with the Meet & Greets -- I didn't even post on the Roll Calls as I knew that we wouldn't be attending the M&G.

Then I started to post on some Roll Calls -- actually went to the M&G that were formed -- and some were really great!! Others -- just so so.

But after reading and following this thread, I am now getting turned off to joining Roll Calls and attending the M&G -- I am not one of those people who would just pop into a M&G without signing up for the Roll Call.

Some seem to forget that being a "member" of Cruise Critic doesn't entitle that "member" to anything, zilch, nada, Jack aboard a cruise ship (unless you happen to be a RCI "champion":rolleyes:), with the exception, maybe of the CC "Meet & Greet" that HAL is nice enough to help arrange, and even that we're not entitled to. Besides that one meeting, why even mention the word Cruise Critic?

I don't know about the rest of you, but we expect absolutely zip from cruise critic usage except for the information we source here. And that includes the excellent info from the roll call. Roll calls have added value in that often, posters who don't want to post on the regular board seem more comfortable sharing info there. Cruise critic has come up as a topic of conversation point with some other passengers and crew on several of our cruises. As an integral part of planning our trip, we certainly don't think of it as a taboo topic.

:D:D:D

Interesting "take" on being a member of CC. I've never told anyone that I am on this board, even when we met others on our last cruise who were full of being "CC members". They weren't rude or pushy, but they certainly seemed to feel they were a bit special. (How being 1 of 300,000 is special is beyond me :D) Nor do I ever discuss being a member of any other chat board.

IMHO, these boards are to gain info, not status. Too bad some people use it as a weapon :(

CP,

I wish we had met you on this cruise!! Hopefully we wouldnt have fallen into any of the categories you have used to describe other people who were on that sailing in all the posts since then. We met a few people on the sailing that were very nice, but seemed to have missed all the nasties you encountered. I hope that on your next sailing, you get a better bunch.

It's been my experience on RCs here that few people from my RCs post on this main board.

I was on one RC that had a very lengthy thread, many posts and a successful turnout at the M&G, which was hosted in someone's cabin. We also had several adjacent balconies open so people entered the cabin, then fanned out to the balconies.

I don't think a single person on that RC was a regular poster over here.

CP,

I wish we had met you on this cruise!! Hopefully we wouldnt have fallen into any of the categories you have used to describe other people who were on that sailing in all the posts since then. We met a few people on the sailing that were very nice, but seemed to have missed all the nasties you encountered. I hope that on your next sailing, you get a better bunch.

We had a great dinner table and remain in touch with them. And we met a number of other lovely people that we'd chat with, have a drink with, etc. One of the reasons I've always liked cruising HAL has been the fabulous people I've met. And that's the reason DH enjoys it, too. But not a day went by that ours jaws didn't drop open in horror/amazement. And you know how it is on a cruise -- you keep encountering the same people, over and over again, and virtually don't ever see the other 700 or so that are onboard. So we got the 100 or so unmannerly and entitled in the group we kept encountering. Honestly, I wish I'd slapped the woman who said "ewwwwwww, look at all the Mexicans". And that was the tip of the iceberg of unforgiveable behaviour.

..................And you know how it is on a cruise -- you keep encountering the same people, over and over again, and virtually don't ever see the other 700 or so that are onboard...................

That, is an uncanny fact! We always tend to see the same faces multiple times around the ship;) Or other folks that you'll meet on a shorex. Don't know why that is. It's usually not until the last day or on disembarkation morning that all of a sudden, you see folks and go "Holy moly, haven't seen that person all cruise long"

That, is an uncanny fact! We always tend to see the same faces multiple times around the ship;) Or other folks that you'll meet on a shorex. Don't know why that is. It's usually not until the last day or on disembarkation morning that all of a sudden, you see folks and go "Holy moly, haven't seen that person all cruise long"

Right! It was especially weird for me on our last cruise. There was a woman (who popped up everywhere) who was the spitting image of a good friend of mine. Talk about uncanny! She was on the same shore excursions, same dinner time, you name it! It made it kind of fun actually, like "where will she pop up next" lol.

That's because the cool kids all do similar things.

We had a great dinner table and remain in touch with them. And we met a number of other lovely people that we'd chat with, have a drink with, etc. One of the reasons I've always liked cruising HAL has been the fabulous people I've met. And that's the reason DH enjoys it, too. But not a day went by that ours jaws didn't drop open in horror/amazement. And you know how it is on a cruise -- you keep encountering the same people, over and over again, and virtually don't ever see the other 700 or so that are onboard. So we got the 100 or so unmannerly and entitled in the group we kept encountering. Honestly, I wish I'd slapped the woman who said "ewwwwwww, look at all the Mexicans". And that was the tip of the iceberg of unforgiveable behaviour.

That is SOoooo rude.... We would have shot daggers her way too...

:mad::mad::mad:

I've been a member of another internet board/forum for quite a few years (8!) and have had the opportunity to meet up with a few of the members and we have done some small "mini meetups". While some of them wouldn't be considered for my BFF list, I never have regretted meeting any of them. As a newbie to this forum, I would look forward to the opportunity meet new CC members on our upcoming cruise. That's one of the perks of going on a cruise, IMO, to meet people. (that and the food & drinks, of course!) :D

Archived