Attire on Oceania

imaboatman

Howdy,

I have friends who insist on wearing bikini type clothing on their Oceania voyage this summer. Is this appropriate? I would think not on an upscale cruise line. Any thoughts on this one? :confused:

Thank you

It's fine--on the pool deck...especially if they look GOOD in a bikini (hopefully on my cruise...though my wife will continually elbow me for looking)...

If they don't look good in a bikini, then tell them to, by all means, cover up...Tell them we have a deal...I won't wear a "Speedo"...

In the Dining Room, the Show Lounge and other venues at night, they don't have to dress formal, but should dress casual, but tasteful...

Howdy,

I have friends who insist on wearing bikini type clothing on their Oceania voyage this summer. Is this appropriate? I would think not on an upscale cruise line. Any thoughts on this one? :confused:

Thank you

I am sure this is a joke:D

I am sure this is a joke:D

No Joke. I guess my point is that they don't quite make the grade in "small attire". I was hoping I could send them to cruisecritic.com to see that it wasn't appropriate. Any other suggestions to "deter" the site for fellow cruisemates?

No Joke. I guess my point is that they don't quite make the grade in "small attire". I was hoping I could send them to cruisecritic.com to see that it wasn't appropriate. Any other suggestions to "deter" the site for fellow cruisemates?

If people persist in dressing in an outrageous or inappropriate manner, there's not much one can do. Some, and thankfully not many, do have strange ideas of how to appear in public.

As an alternative, here's the published guides for dress on board:

Dress Onboard

For the comfort and convenience of all Guests, the onboard ambiance is casual but elegant throughout the cruise and country club and resort-style attire is appropriate for both men and women. We do ask that Guests refrain from wearing shorts, jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes for evening meals in all of the restaurants. Bathing suits without a cover-up should not be worn in any of the indoor restaurants. Attire ashore is recommended to be casual and comfortable and we place a particular emphasis on appropriate footwear, including good walking shoes and in some destinations, reef-walkers and beach sandals. Some tourist sites may require specific attire. Please consult with the Destination Services desk for more information.

Howdy,

Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean by "bikini type clothing." Do you mean they are interested in wearing a bikini by the pool? If so, I don't see a problem with it. If you mean they are generally interested in wearing "skimpy clothing" all over the ship, them that's another story.

My sister gave birth to twins at the age of almost 40. She is going on 48 and looks wonderful in a bikini (not a skimpy thong, mind you). I'm sure, weather permitting, she'll be wearing her bikini on our "O" cruise.

Howdy,

Thank you

Of course. As long as the body wearing the suit is appropriate for the suit...then do it!!!!!!:)

ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS

Most Europeans wear little or nothing. Speedos, bikinis, etc. whether they have a "Rosie O'Donnell" body or not. They are far less judgemental and obviously, more comfortable in their own skin.

I'm shocked at these "if you don't have a great body - cover it up" comments. Sad.:(

ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS

Most Europeans wear little or nothing. Speedos, bikinis, etc. whether they have a "Rosie O'Donnell" body or not. They are far less judgemental and obviously, more comfortable in their own skin.

I'm shocked at these "if you don't have a great body - cover it up" comments. Sad.:(

Thank you Veronica.

Thank you Veronica.

You're welcome:)

I'm afraid this American woman won't be eye candy to the men, but I won't be wearing a swimdress either. I'm quite comfortable with how I look and don't care to look 25 anymore. I think people should wear whatever makes THEM comfortable and happy, at least in the swimsuit arena.:)

I've always lived on the ocean, and I've seen it all. I give props to those who have "less than perfect" bodies and just don't care what people think.

I miss the old days, when a woman over 40 could let herself go!! LOL

I have decided that with the way this thread has gone, I would post that I am more concerned about the way Americans dress on shore in the major cities of Europe than on Oceania itself.

Why must so many wear gym clothes to tour Rome?

I have decided that with the way this thread has gone, I would post that I am more concerned about the way Americans dress on shore in the major cities of Europe than on Oceania itself.

Why must so many wear gym clothes to tour Rome

Pam,

It's a combination of "no home training" and awful schooling (and the lack of reading that implies) combined with the widely held perception that ones personal comfort overrides everything else.

Ask me someday about the woman who was changing her baby on the alter rail of the Blue Mosque! We were mortified!

And we went to a funeral recently where the deceased mans sister wore a belly shirt.......well........at least it was black!

UUGGHH

ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS

I agree 100%! Let them wear whatever suit they are comfortable in! I would prefer women went topless on cruise ships!!:cool:

My thoughts exactly when I think of people who spend their time having these ugly thoughts.

Hey Hud - I'll go topless if you go bottomless :D

LOL. The only time I ever went "bottomless" in public was in St Maartin. I didnt realize that the beach on the French side of the Island was "clothing optional". I went up to the bar on the beach as soon as I got there, and the bartender, a very attractive and quite boxum lass, was totally nude. I looked around and nearly everyone was buck naked. So, I said what the heck, slathered on about of a gallon of suncreen so "little Johnson Huddler" wouldnt get burned, and then strolled around the beach all day in the buff. It was a little weird at first but after a while I was ok with it.

LOL. The only time I ever went "bottomless" in public was in St Maartin. I didnt realize that the beach on the French side of the Island was "clothing optional". I went up to the bar on the beach as soon as I got there, and the bartender, a very attractive and quite boxum lass, was totally nude. I looked around and nearly everyone was buck naked. So, I said what the heck, slathered on about of a gallon of suncreen so "little Johnson Huddler" wouldnt get burned, and then strolled around the beach all day in the buff. It was a little weird at first but after a while I was ok with it.

ROFL thinking about the uptight people reading this thread...thanks for the laugh. Off for the night.

Archived