Spa Package

shankiko

Hello everyone. We are booked on the Pearl to Alaska on May 10th and very happy and excited. My DH has been there before on a fishing trip with his dad and 2 brothers but I have never been. This will be our 6th cruise but our first with NCL. My question is: what exactly is the "spa package"? What does it include and do you know the price :confused:.

Thanks,

Shankiko

I told my DH whenever we book a trip to Alaska the very first thing I would do is head down to the spa and buy us both a pass. He wholeheartedly agreed!

We were on the Pearl in Jan. and it took me a day to convince him that we should get the package. After going there the 1st time he said he was sorry he doubted me. I just gave him the I told you so look. ;)

The package was $98 for the week and gave you access to the hot tub, sauna, steam room, hydro therapy pools, lounges (which have a great view at the bow!) and the marvelous stone lounges! These were heavenly really especially for anyone who has arthritis and after a day of excursions. We went every day and I know we would spend even more time in there on an Alaska cruise. Like I said that would be our first order of business when we do go to Alaska as they only sell 100 weekly passes. We were #91 & #92 so felt really happy that he didn't take any longer to decide. :D

Well worth the money. Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
I have told my DH the same thing and he is less than thrilled, hope he changes his mind too. We will be on the Star - can anybody tell me about the Stars spa?

We were on the Star in 2004 to Alaska and the spa was free at that time.

I would definitely pay for it though....

3 hot tubs

heated lap pool (water aerobics classes were scheduled in 2004)

awesome loungers

saunas

my favorite.....hydropool...it's was like a hot tub that you lay down in - heavenly!!!! :D :D :D

Beautiful views...looking out on snow covered mountains! ;)

A very serene and relaxing area in general! I will try and retrieve pics from my old computer.

DO it!!! You will not regret the $$$ spent! :p

It is not too cold to use the SPA on Alaskan cruises? I picture myself coming out of the pool and freezing while I run to find my chair. We are not packing robes because we want to save room in our luggage for clothing for the excursions.

It is not too cold to use the SPA on Alaskan cruises? I picture myself coming out of the pool and freezing while I run to find my chair. We are not packing robes because we want to save room in our luggage for clothing for the excursions.

The spa is indoors with a beautiful floor to ceiling window!

You can use it anytime in Alaska. ;)

It has been 4 years since we sailed on the Majesty and I didn't remember the spa lounges. If anyone can give me an update if there are any included in the spa package on the Majesty I would appreciate it. Princess was the first time I enjoyed them so now alas I am addicted :D

Tha spa package is also available on the Dawn.

However, the spa on the Dawn is not nearly as nice as the spas on the newest ships, IMO. It is aft, so you see where you've been...the wake for all intents and purposes, and it doesn't have those nifty heated ceramic lounges either.

Ok - after reading those selections, I want them all!

Dumb question...I never had a massage. How much or little do you wear?

That's entirely up to you...the massage therapists are very discreet, though.

DT

I have told my DH the same thing and he is less than thrilled, hope he changes his mind too. We will be on the Star - can anybody tell me about the Stars spa?

I would be interested in learning more about the Star spa...what are the "stone lounges"?

BTW TSUmom....did you join our roll call for the Star on 6/6?

Yes, I have been to the roll call - guess I need to put my name in for the meet and mingle.....I think we are going to opt for the spa package, that way we can use the hot tub and saunas, especially if we get wet or chilled since my poor DH is used to Honolulu temps....

We will be on the Pearl, and I am confused. If you don't buy the spa package does that mean you can't use the steam rooms or sauna? The loungers sound great for our Alaska cruise but not sure if it is worth the money. And was that $98 for both of you? I seem to remember reading it was more than that for two.

I would be interested in learning more about the Star spa...what are the "stone lounges"?

Imagine a longer and wider lounger (like your outdoor type -except made in stone) that has a scoop right at the lower back . You lay down and the scoop allows your back and the rest of your body to totally conform to the shape of the stone lounger. I am guessing the lounger on NCL is the same type as on Princess. The best part is -- it is heated. OMG!! it is wonderful like radiant floor heating but in a chair.

Yes, I have been to the roll call - guess I need to put my name in for the meet and mingle.....I think we are going to opt for the spa package, that way we can use the hot tub and saunas, especially if we get wet or chilled since my poor DH is used to Honolulu temps....

Ha ha! Sounds good to me too...don't know if my DH will be interested...I will have to work on him. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you in June!

Imagine a longer and wider lounger (like your outdoor type -except made in stone) that has a scoop right at the lower back . You lay down and the scoop allows your back and the rest of your body to totally conform to the shape of the stone lounger. I am guessing the lounger on NCL is the same type as on Princess. The best part is -- it is heated. OMG!! it is wonderful like radiant floor heating but in a chair.

Sounds heavenly!! :)

Archived