one pound cruizin

scruffts2007

yes we British people are lucky little beggers, those nice folk at msc are offering cruises for a pound...any american or other nationalities who want o become a uk citizen can of course apply

anyway heres the info

MSC Cruises UK repeats cruise for £1 offer

1/4/2009

To mark the launch of its 2009/2010 brochure (see Seatrade Insider 26/3/09), MSC Cruises UK is repeating its cruise for £1 offer over the Easter period, launched last year in the run-up to Christmas.

Starting from April 4 and running until April 20 inclusive, this offer allows the first adult booking any cruise from the 2010 brochure, excluding MSC Opera departures from Dover, and paying brochure price to pay £1 for the second passenger. This offer applies to cruise only bookings and includes port dues for both passengers. It is not applicable to MSC Yacht Club bookings.

In addition, the line has cut deposits to £50 on all traditional departures and £150 on trans-Atlantic sailings as part of the promotion.

‘This offer creates an ideal opportunity for agents to really boost their sales, with three weekends included in the promotion period providing plenty of scope for customers to come in and book,’ said Giulio Libutti, md of MSC Cruises UK and Ireland.

‘We had a huge uptake in sales when we ran this offer last year and we expect to see similar, if not better, results this time,’ Libutti added.

yes we British people are lucky little beggers, those nice folk at msc are offering cruises for a pound...any american or other nationalities who want o become a uk citizen can of course apply

anyway heres the info

MSC Cruises UK repeats cruise for £1 offer

1/4/2009

To mark the launch of its 2009/2010 brochure (see Seatrade Insider 26/3/09), MSC Cruises UK is repeating its cruise for £1 offer over the Easter period, launched last year in the run-up to Christmas.

Starting from April 4 and running until April 20 inclusive, this offer allows the first adult booking any cruise from the 2010 brochure, excluding MSC Opera departures from Dover, and paying brochure price to pay £1 for the second passenger. This offer applies to cruise only bookings and includes port dues for both passengers. It is not applicable to MSC Yacht Club bookings.

In addition, the line has cut deposits to £50 on all traditional departures and £150 on trans-Atlantic sailings as part of the promotion.

Exactly!!

Now you can't blame us Brits for getting excited about offers like this. They might not sound any better than deals in other countries - but we don't get so many great deals and with the value (or rather lack of value) of the pound - every little helps

Now you can't blame us Brits for getting excited about offers like this. They might not sound any better than deals in other countries - but we don't get so many great deals and with the value (or rather lack of value) of the pound - every little helps

May sound cheap, but no better than the late booking offers, and guess what you get what u pay for. They will rake it back in expensive excursions and high drinks prices:rolleyes:

May sound cheap, but no better than the late booking offers, and guess what you get what u pay for. They will rake it back in expensive excursions and high drinks prices:rolleyes:

Fortunately I never do ship's excursions and their drinks prices are cheaper that what I'm used to in Edinburgh city centre

Fully agree AmoMondo.

We are off on Costa in a few days & their prices seem much more expensive. For example, Barcelona City tour with Costa is 44 euros adult & 30.8 euros child. With MSC the prices are £36 adult & £25 child. Costa want to charge 33 euros for a daily re-filled fruit bowl in your cabin, with MSC it is free. As for drinks..well the X1 on Costa is supposed to be a good deal but they are charging almost £90 per adult & nearly £60 per child. It is now compulsory to buy one for all members of the cabin (or not at all of course) For us that would be a total of £330 for drinks with our evening meals & maybe lunch if taken in the dining room as it seems they no longer allow you to use it with lunch in the buffet. Many days we will be off the ship of course & you still have to fend for yourselves drinks wise during the day & evenings. It appears this is going to be much much more expensive than MSC.

As for the £1 deal, well yes, it is a good offer & I'm not complaining, but the second adult sails for £1 whilst the first must pay full brochure price. So for example, Cat 3 Western Med is £670 each Prima Price, total £1340 for two. With the £1 offer that becomes, £1005 + £1, total £1006, saving £334.

Hi Sparky

Hope you have a fantastic time on your Costa cruise. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you felt it compared to MSC as I've been thinking of giving them a try, sometime. Their newer ships sound lovely, although I'm not too keen on the idea of the toga parties!

AmoMondo

You do not need to participate in the Toga party if you do not want to. The ship provides a white bed sheet with "How to" instructions for several different style of wrapping the bed sheet on yourself.

Not all participate, but it sure is a fun event. There are even those who bring their own fancy Greek costumes!

Try the big, newer Costa ships, as opposed to the older, smaller ones. FYI everyday the ship offers the same food at the buffet, and it can get boring.

Since tomorrow will be my first cruise on the MSC Lirica, I cannot offer any comparsion yet.

Going to pack....

The Brits are absolutely the greatest, always looking at the bright side of everything. I always enjoy meeting & conversing on my travels. If you look at the final figure of the so called deals the bottom line usually is the same, thats marketing at its best.

Archived