Help Save Royal Caribbean!!

ding ding ding, Dave, we have a winner :D I had hoped for more responses in the spirit of the thread but tensions seem to be running a bit high right now ;) looks like there's plenty of room on the AOOTS for a diamond lounge, too ;)

ding ding ding, Dave, we have a winner :D I had hoped for more responses in the spirit of the thread but tensions seem to be running a bit high right now ;) looks like there's plenty of room on the AOOTS for a diamond lounge, too ;)

I thought this needed some loosening! :D

Happiness isn't something you find, buy or have given to you...it's something you choose to be.

I always try to choose happy...even without the free drinks in the Concierge Lounge!

Dave

If they welded the Oasis and Allure into the world's largest catamaran and named it the Alluring Oasis of the Seas they could save on senior staff and port fees! They could also add about 400-500 inside cabins!

Dave

LOL, nice job Dave!!

Now...what ports would she be able to visit :D;)

###

LOL, nice job Dave!!

Now...what ports would she be able to visit :D;)

###

Actually she won't be visiting any ports. A great savings for all involved. No port fees. See that will make everyone happy. I can't wait to book one of those oceanview rooms in the middle. Cool!:D

• 2 weeks later...
It sure seems RC must be struggling given the magnitude of the cost-cutting measures (and the stock price):

• No more newspapers
  • No more mints
  • JR fee increase
  • Late nite room service fee
  • No more in-cabin liquor purchase w/ fee
  • No more bringing wine onboard
  • No more morning ice service (really, how much are they saving here?)
  • No in-room beach towel service (ditto)
  • New fee for drinks at the Captain’s “cocktail” reception
  • No more C&A welcome back party
  • Beer and wine (only) at the new Diamond reception (have the RC execs tried LaTerre?)
  • Cutbacks in food quality (deli “meat” was scary last week)
  • DR steak fee
  • Ripping out the photo coupon (really???)
  • No C&A gifts below D+
  • No combining stockholder / diamond discounts, even though one has absolutely nothing to do with the other
  • Obvious cutbacks in the marketing dept (“Nation of Why Not….Vacation Elsewhere?”)
  • Apparent elimination of the public relations department in its entirety

• Of course, last but not least: No CL access for diamonds

This in the face of (arguably) premium pricing as compared to the other mass market lines!

Now I want RC to stay “afloat”, but clearly the Miami suits are bailing with a small cup!! For those of us not ready to “jump ship” from RC yet, what can we do to help???

For my part, I:

• Bought RC stock when it was in the $40s
  • Just got off a Mariner cruise and did my fair share on the Sea Pass
  • Didn’t chug liquor in the CL – I went to the Diamond Lounge so I wouldn’t disturb the suite guests! (LOL didn’t chug there, either, but had fun with some other guests)

But what else????? How about:

• A donation box at the purser’s desk
  • A “cook your own food” station in the WJ to facilitate further staff reductions
  • Former diamond members: agree to forego our new cubic zirconia lapel pins.

Any other ideas out there???

Ok just off jewel this morning and am wondering about half the stuff you listed as "cutbacks" I'm wondering what you are talking about 1 there was a welcome back reception 2 we are platinum and got gifts on the bed 3 we had beach towel service 4 if you ask your room Stewart for mints they will give them to you 5 the steak "fee" in the MDR is for the filet migon which is from portofinos and there has always been a charge this is not new 6 we got morning ice service 7 there was no fee at the captains party and 8 there was news papers and also daily trivia and soduko papers that I never seen before.

Last they must have taken your advice on the make your own food in the WJ because they now added a create your own pizza station. The way I see your post is that you are cutting down rccl for no reason

It's also ultra-irritating and would be a good revenue generator. Last cruise I couldn't get an extra towel for my hair because of "Save the Waves" so why not TP.

They could get rid of the paper copies of Cruise Compass and make it only available online (for a $.55/minute to view). I only wish they would get rid of the art auction brochures that show up almost everyday.

They could save a lot by not having so many inserts in the CC. I throw all of it away....so I would like for them to save some paper. I hate the art auction and hope that goes away....as well as the brochures. I did a mega LOL with some idea's like tin cup by the guest relations desk.....

Archived