1st time RCCL - Voyager otS - what to know?

Hi,

my friend and I usually take at least one cruise a year together. As we are limited in our vacation time this year, we decided to try RCCL and cruise aboard Voyager of the Seas out of Barcelona in june.

Up until now, we used Costa cruises, so we are totally unaware of customs typical to RCCL.

We booked a gurantee inside, so I cannot tell you, where our stateroom is located, yet.

What should not be missed onboard?

Are the pools heated?

How much is bottled water?

What is not to be left at home?

How formal is formal night?

Plase think back to your first time on board and all the experiences you´ve gained since. What would you tell me?

The pools are "solar" heated--the sun will warm them!!!!

We've never bought bottled water--the ship's water is fine! ( I think the large bottles are in the $2-3 range, but I'm not sure! The ship's water is free!)

Bring your binoculars!!!!

Formal night will find about 1/2 of the men in tuxes and the rest in dark suits. Women will wear either evening gowns or cocktail dresses. Those who don't want to participate have either the specialty restaurant (smart casual dress) or the buffet or room service.

Voyager class is our favorite style of ship! Enjoy!

Hi,

my friend and I usually take at least one cruise a year together. As we are limited in our vacation time this year, we decided to try RCCL and cruise aboard Voyager of the Seas out of Barcelona in june.

Up until now, we used Costa cruises, so we are totally unaware of customs typical to RCCL.

We booked a gurantee inside, so I cannot tell you, where our stateroom is located, yet.

Are the pools heated?

What is not to be left at home?

How formal is formal night?

Plase think back to your first time on board and all the experiences you´ve gained since. What would you tell me?

My first cruise ever was aboard the Voyager back in 2001. We had a great time sailing on her. We are also sailing on her in June from Barcelona.

I can't really think of anything particular to share with you about her other than walk around and explore. Half the fun is walking around and finding stuff out. One thing that I would say is try Portofino.

The ice-show, keep an eye out for when it is scheduled and go and collect your tickets early. An evening in the speciality restaurant Portofino's, it is 15 euro xtra per head but well worth it for a special evening. The sandwiches on the Promenade cafe are yummy, we only found it on our last day on Voyager. 1st night Sailaway on the Pool deck is fun, or else watching it from your balcony. They also served Tapas snacks at High Notes on our Med cruise in the afternoon from where we used to watch each port departure. Just soak it all up, you will have a fab time

We usually buy large litre/2 litre bottles at the port stops and bring them on. There is a water fountain on the pool deck and I saw people filing their own plastic bottles from here

Archived