Ruby Princess still in Princess Cays

dresch25

Had an amazing time on the Ruby Princess this week. We are still at Princess Cays. The captain came over the PA system and said there is a problem with one of the tenders, can't get it back on board. So maybe we'll be here for a few more days (wishful thinking).

DH and I had the great opportunity to do both the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ships Tour.

If anyone has any quick questions I will try to answer them.

Once I get back home I will do a complete review.

It is a behind the scene look at the ship. We started out in the Princess Theater, went back stage, to the Gally, to the engine room, to the Princess Stacks and then the Bridge where we met the Captain. There were pictures taken at the the locations. Included with the tour: 6 photographs taken at the different stops, The big fluffy Princess robe, a Chef's coat. The tour tooks us 3 hours and totally worth the $150.00 pp.

Had an amazing time on the Ruby Princess this week. We are still at Princess Cays. The captain came over the PA system and said there is a problem with one of the tenders, can't get it back on board. So maybe we'll be here for a few more days (wishful thinking).

DH and I had the great opportunity to do both the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ships Tour.

If anyone has any quick questions I will try to answer them.

Once I get back home I will do a complete review.

Thanks for the update. We had this happen on one of our CB cruises.

Sorry to say that you probably won't be overnighting at Princess Cays, though that would be awesome. Here's what happened on our cruise -if they are unable to bring the tender back they'll leave it at Princess Cays and then they will have to notify US Coast Guard that they are sailing back to Fort Lauderdale one tender short.

Next weeks cruise will pick up the problem tender at it's stop at Princess Cays.

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise.

So here is the update....

The motor that lifts the tender broke, they tried for about 2 hours to fix it but were unsucessful. The staff had to crank it by hand, therefore we left 2 hours late. The Captain has inforemed us that we will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at 8 am instead of 6 am.

The motor that lifts the tender broke, they tried for about 2 hours to fix it but were unsucessful. The staff had to crank it by hand, therefore we left 2 hours late. The Captain has inforemed us that we will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at 8 am instead of 6 am.
This isn't as unusual as you may think. When we were on the Prinsendam last October, the same thing happened only the Captain sailed anyway at a slower speed while the crew hand-cranked up the tender. On my cruise in January, the anchor got stuck and they couldn't raise it without moving the ship's position (very carefully.)

.... this is why people (and I hope you did) should not book flights before 11:00 ::sigh:: you don't know how many posts I read that the ship is always back by 6:00 or so and there's plenty of time..:rolleyes:
Unfortunately, they believe those who say they've never had a problem and make an early flight all the time.

Glad you had a great cruise, we leave on 4/18 on the TA. Looking forward to enjoying all parts of the Ruby.

We always book flights back with ample time, one never knows.

Look forward to reading our review.

.... this is why people (and I hope you did) should not book flights before 11:00 ::sigh:: you don't know how many posts I read that the ship is always back by 6:00 or so and there's plenty of time..:rolleyes:

We have good weather right now, so I will find it hard to believe the ship will not make up any time and be two hours late. 8 AM to me is not a late turn around time anyway. I will be on by noon.

Archived