Embarkation Lunch-Where do you eat?

mbisson

Where do you eat lunch on embarkation day on NCL?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you eat lunch on embarkation day on NCL?

• Main Dining room
    • Buffet
    • Other
    • I'm too excited to eat!

Thanks to this website, I found out we could enjoy lunch in the dining rooms. We find it much more relaxing than the buffet for our first meal onboard. Our last cruise, we sailed with family, and they thought we were so "in the know" because we whisked them straight to the dining room even though the staff were trying to play up the buffet option lol.

I'm glad that there are options for dining room and buffet, so we all can dine as we prefer on our first day.

The first day is the only day that I eat in the main dining room. After that, I end up eating each day at the buffet on Lido because my son (9)HATES to leave the pool area and go get changed to eat, and then change again to go back into the pool. He ends up eating the same food in the dining room as he does on Lido anyway; pizza, hamburgers, etc.

We compromise and do Lido for lunch, and dining rooms for dinner.[/Q

looking back I think that a lot of us did it this way with our kids. And I would do it all over again if I could. Enjoy your wonderful years ahead because when they enter college like my DD ....aghhhhhhh.

Looks like the poll is running about 60-40. I'm a little surprised, as the buffet always looks crowded to me.

Maybe those of us who have done this for a while are a tad bit more familiar with the dining room as an option ;)

Actually, we get our food from the buffet, but we try (and are usually successful) in being able to eat in the Great Outdoors (or whatever they call the open deck on the aft of the ship behind the buffet).

--Michael

The dining room is our first choice. The buffet seems too crowded the first day. On the Spirit there were only a few people eating there at noon. Very relaxing after waiting to board.

We prefer and I cast my vote for MDR too.

Also, my own bias, by virture of working in health care and also being certified in food protection, is to avoid the buffet lines especially on day 1 to minimize the risk of catching noro-virus (a/k/a stomach flu) - cruise lines were much more vigiliant during the SARS days back in 2003 (remembered ....) We all seen folks using the same fork and/or spoon to reach across to get food in other trays - risking cross contamination. Crew members weren't always around to keep watch.

It depends what time I board the ship. If one of the first, then I go to indoor buffet. If in the middle, I go to dining room. If last, I go to outdoor grill area or indoor pasta station.

coka

I´ve only been on 12+ day cruises, so I've boarded the ship quite late in the afternoon (thinkin' that two weeks on the ship will be just fine, don't need an extra hour or two the first day) so it's been the buffet for me. And that's the only time I eat at the buffet.

I voted "other" because we're going straight for San Marco Grill on Majesty for their awesome burgers and fries.. and hot dogs, of course! Then... After Muster.. onto the sail away bar-b-q treats!

I took the packing quiz...same result as yours!! I bet most people are just like us! ;)

Susan

I took the packing quiz...same result as yours!! I bet most people are just like us! ;)

Susan

I took the quiz and you can see my score, but I think I'm far from a perfect packer. Still working desperately to get it right. I have friends who think I over-pack, but I'll never be one of those people who can pack everything they need for 3 weeks in a knapsack! My best friend can do that for herself and her husband and kids - I will never be a good packer in her eyes. I just try to get more efficient.

For some of the questions, none of the answers really fit so maybe that skewed my result. LOL

Archived