Embarkation Lunch-Where do you eat?

mbisson

Where do you eat lunch on embarkation day on NCL?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you eat lunch on embarkation day on NCL?

• Main Dining room
    • Buffet
    • Other
    • I'm too excited to eat!

It's often discussed, but where do you NORMALLY eat your embarkation lunch?

Main Dining room, buffet, other, and I'm too excited to eat.

I guess 'other' could be eat before boarding, deck party bbq -- anything other than main room or buffet

(and I mean all this as a primary meal)

I forget Cagneys (sorry suite passengers) so for the purpose of this, how about if we include Cagneys as "main dining room"

Silly question, Monte. You know where we eat. ;)

Well, I know where you ate with us. But when I mentioned this on that roll call, most people said they were going to the buffet

FYI-I voted Main dining room for my meal---after that I'll snack in the buffet & deck bbq ;)

I used to do the buffet but ,as much as they try to discourage you from going to the main dining room, I switched. I like having a nice leisurely lunch, less noise and being waited on. Might as well get my money's worth right away!:)

Sandy

We only cruised NCL once but we ate in the dining room and had a wonderful experience. It was great to be served right away and it was quiet and relaxing. Actually, we only ate in the buffet once all week for lunch and didn't care for it at all. We much preferred the dining room service.

I never knew there were other options besides the buffet. We've cruised RCI, Disney, and Carnival and I don't recall any of them having the main dining room open during embarkation, just the buffet. Now there's a plus for NCL!

It's often discussed, but where do you NORMALLY eat your embarkation lunch?

Main Dining room, buffet, other, and I'm too excited to eat.

I guess 'other' could be eat before boarding, deck party bbq -- anything other than main room or buffet

(and I mean all this as a primary meal)

I forget Cagneys (sorry suite passengers) so for the purpose of this, how about if we include Cagneys as "main dining room"[/quote]

OK...now you tell me! LOL! I put "other", but I guess "main dining room"

Last year we ate in the main DR... no one told us we could eat in Cagney's....so this year we WILL eat in Cagney's for sure!

For us, there's nothing like that embarkation lunch in the main dining room to let us know that we're really on the ship. My DH took a photo of me on his phone, eating my first bowl of chilled soup for the week, and sent it home to my DD on our last cruise. She was VERY jealous! :D

Well, I know where you ate with us. But when I mentioned this on that roll call, most people said they were going to the buffet

FYI-I voted Main dining room for my meal---after that I'll snack in the buffet & deck bbq ;)

That goes for me too, mbisson.

DT

For me it's the dining room lunch everytime (I missed that on QM2, one of very few "dispointments").

Then I go for the spa tour and a treatment right away if I can. At sailaway, I usually have something from the BBQ too... I eat way too much on a cruise, but I hardly ever go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon (maybe once or twice each per cruise, maximum).

Two years ago we were with the kids doing the buffet. Since we only need one cabin this year we'll have the suite life which means Cagneys. Last year we did the QM2 and we were able to do the Grill upon embarkation due to the suite life!

The first day is the only day that I eat in the main dining room. After that, I end up eating each day at the buffet on Lido because my son (9)HATES to leave the pool area and go get changed to eat, and then change again to go back into the pool. He ends up eating the same food in the dining room as he does on Lido anyway; pizza, hamburgers, etc.

We compromise and do Lido for lunch, and dining rooms for dinner.

I voted "other" because we're going straight for San Marco Grill on Majesty for their awesome burgers and fries.. and hot dogs, of course! Then... After Muster.. onto the sail away bar-b-q treats!

I voted "other" because we're going straight for San Marco Grill on Majesty for their awesome burgers and fries.. and hot dogs, of course! Then... After Muster.. onto the sail away bar-b-q treats!

You are referring, of course, to the Muster on your hot dog? :rolleyes:

Archived