Oceania to provide soda & bottled water

JoePDX

It does not include the 2010 Caribbean sailings as they are part of the 2009-2010 Winter Collection.

The unlimited complimentary soft drinks and bottled water start with the

new European 2010 sailings.

ShariCruz

Shari

It does not include the 2010 Caribbean sailings as they are part of the 2009-2010 Winter Collection.

The unlimited complimentary soft drinks and bottled water start with the

new European 2010 sailings.

ShariCruz

Shari

So it would include the Regatta TA (Miami-Barcelona) next March 2010? It would be nice to have bottled water included. Not much of a soda drinkers.

So it would include the Regatta TA (Miami-Barcelona) next March 2010?.

I believe it starts with the NEW 2010 cruises starting April 4th 2010 but Shari will correct me if I am wrong ;)

Lyn

OMG!!!

I think it's unfair that my 2009 fall cruise wasn't in the $2000 off sale, but that's the way the cookie crumbles!

You are probably on an already discounted cruise and are complaining about soft drinks and water?!?!

There has to be a start up point somewhere...

I read somewhere that the water on a cruise ship is among the purest on the planet because of the process of making water potable while at sea. I am trying to break my bottled water habit because of the landfill problems but I really do like the convenience. Could always suggest bringing a reusable bottle from home and filling it whenever from the cold water fountains at the buffet (tea, lemonade etc also!).

Oh - WHO CARES? We're talking about what? $20-50 max in water and soda? Yeesh. If this was the most important thing I had to worry about in my life, I'd be in great shape!!!:D

I'd be a whole lot more ticked off if they started giving away excursions, tips, taxes and fees a week after I sailed for a similar price.

And if it REALLY upsets anyone - CANCEL AND REBOOK - with free soda and water. :cool:

Let me tell you a story about when I was 25 years old and just recently married. My job at the time (1965) was as director of public education for the Massachusetts division of the American Cancer Society, so neither I nor my colleagues made much money.

I used to carry my lunch every day in a small, brown paper bag. Now, lots of folks do this. But, at the end of lunch hour each day, I would carefully fold up the paper bag and put it in my back pocket to be used again the next day. Naturally, I received a lot of good-natured ribbing about this.

One day, I came into work with my brand-new Canon F-1 35 mm thru-lens camera. There were lots of "ooohhs" and "ahhhs", but one of my co-workers said, "I know how much you make; how could you afford a camera like that?" I just smiled, pulled the well-worn paper bag from my pocket and waved it.

Many of us still sweat the little things -- it's how we got to where we are.

It is fascinating to me to read different people's personal perspectives on these forums.

When I read the first two paragraphs of Don's posting, I thought it was going to be about his early environmental consciousness, not constantly using and tossing his paper bags away.

Probably this was on my mind when reviewing this thread because I preferred to refill my water bottle daily on board ship, as I do at home, rather than start new bottles and toss them away constantly.

Apropo of both Don & Pams comments, my British relatives (at least the ones who remember postwar privations) were constantly scandalized by our American insistance on having everything cellophane wrapped, and our profligate use of lettuce :eek:

holiday-roast-turkey.jpg

We tried to explain how the colorful greens can enhance the visual appeal, but they were bewildered by the waste.

...and they still talk about the fresh flowers being wrapped in plastic....

Archived