Adventure JS 1694

We are booked in Adventure of the Seas cabin 1694 in July. This will be our first balcony, so we're very excited! I have always loved the aft, and although I know the superstructure makes it less than perfect, I know we will think it is awesome. If any of you have been in this cabin, I would appreciate your comments or photos. There will be three of us in the room, so my adult son will be on the sofa bed. He has always been on a pullman in the past, so we're wondering if that bed will be more or less comfortable. Thanks!

We are booked in Adventure of the Seas cabin 1694 in July. This will be our first balcony, so we're very excited! I have always loved the aft, and although I know the superstructure makes it less than perfect, I know we will think it is awesome. If any of you have been in this cabin, I would appreciate your comments or photos. There will be three of us in the room, so my adult son will be on the sofa bed. He has always been on a pullman in the past, so we're wondering if that bed will be more or less comfortable. Thanks!

You will love the AOS :D

We had JS 1694 in 2007 and the cabin itself is great (it may be even a bit larger than a typical JS) but this cabin is all about the balcony for sure! It's huge :eek: Yes, the superstructure is annoying - but if you can get past it, you will really enjoy this balcony. Personally, I am not an aft fan because of the obstructed view - but there are many many people who love the aft!

Word of warning about the sofa bed: It is more like a short futon :rolleyes: If your son is tall, his feet will hang over the end, so he may have to sleep sideways. The sofa bed futons in the JS cabins are not comfortable at all - ask your cabin attendant for an egg crate mattress topper, it may help.

Happy Cruising!!! :)

I haven't been in this cabin on the Adventure but have on the Navigator and the two ships are very similar. The cabin is great. What I loved about this cabin was the size of the balcony and the privacy that it offered. It is a walk from the aft stairs or elevators.

Here is a link to my photos, and you can click on the Navigator link to get an idea about this cabin.

http://cruisingatorscruisephotos.shutterfly.com/

Thanks for your input! We were on the Adventure last summer and are looking forward to another great cruise in July. My son is tall, so he may have to be creative in how he sleeps on the sofa bed/futon. I will definitely ask for an egg crate topper! Thanks for that good advice, ckrobyn.

Thanks for the photos, cruisingator2! The room looks like a nice size, and I can't wait to have a bathroom large enough to have a tub! We will have our older son and his new bride with us (they're in 9610 if anyone has input or photos of that end-of-the-hump cabin), so I'm excited that all five of us can fit on our balcony.

Hi there, we had this cabin on the Navigator. So assuming it is the same on the Adventure - yes, this is a great cabin, the balcony is indeed huge. Friends had the same cabin but on the 7th deck and it was smaller than ours, especially the balcony. One thing to note - everyone talks about the walk in closets in JS's, this particular cabin did not have a walk in closet for changing clothes in, I'm not a big person but there is no way I could comfortably move around in the closet. For comparison, on the Serenade aft JS we had (1100) this cabin had a great walk in closet.

That sounds wonderful since we will have three adults in the cabin! Even if you can't walk around in it, just having the extra space will be nice. We have learned to pack lightly, but space is always a premium.

We had 1694 with 3 people on Explorer. The first few days I hated being aft, but by the end of the cruise it made me want to sail aft again, especially on sea days when the ship was busy, it was nice to sit on the loungers on the balcony and read/nap.

I have always wanted to be in an aft cabin but wasn't too sure about the superstructure. I know we will enjoy it and probably not even see the superstructure after a couple of days. The cabin looks so large compared to the interior cabins we're used to that I'm sure we'll think it is wonderful.

This cabin is directly under the Windjammer. Did you hear noise from chairs scraping the floor, etc?

Had this fab room last week on the Explorer. This is taken from my review:

We had an Aft JS #1394. A large room – I would say about 27’ x 12’ - there was a large sofa, two arm chairs, and a glass coffee table. The curtain divider between bed and sofabed was about 2ft so not good for sharers unless you were really close. The main feature of this room though was a huge balcony of 12ft square. The balcony had two loungers, two chairs and a proper height table on it. It was totally covered so we got very little sun. We were parallel with the highest row of the ‘superstructure’ at the back of these ships, so we could clearly see over it – and it didn’t impair our view. The ceiling was very high – about 14’ which made it very echo-y – so be careful of what you say (or do) as your neighbours will hear. The wall to the left was solid metal, so we only had the dividers to our right side. Our neighbours on either side were also from England. There were a lot of Brits on this ship (855 according to the CD)

Being a JS there was a bath tub, with a flappy curtain, but this one behaved itself and didn’t try and get to close and personal with you. The newly announced perks for suite guests meant a few changes – this included a tray of bathroom products ‘Inspired by Nature’ displayed on a nice dish. We had bathrobes and our seapass cards were silver, clearly printed to show we were in a JS and that we were Platinum members.

The TV had an interactive menu where you could order room service, see your account so far (dangerous) or watch pay movies. These cost $12.95 and included quite recent releases like Quantum of Solice, Changeling and Slumdog Millionaire.

There was also a kettle, two china mugs and a selection of teas (no coffee) which we never used. The hairdryer was in the top right drawer of the first dressing table (we had 2!). It was the sort where you keep your finger on the button to make it go.

We got CNN news for a few days otherwise it was just FOX news channel, plus the usual shopping, shore excursion channels and a few movies such as Shreck.

There was ample storage with the walk in wardrobe with 24 coat hangers, and 6 shelves. There was a tall cupboard with 5 shelves, 10 other various drawers and of course the hidden small shelves behind the glass mirrors.

BTW - The Sofa did look brand new - it was 3-cushions wide so would be very large when pulled out.

This cabin is directly under the Windjammer. Did you hear noise from chairs scraping the floor, etc?
Strange this, yes, we did hear the odd scraping sound around 7.30/8am most mornings, but as the WJ is carpeted we had no idea where the noise was coming from. If you weren't awake it wasn't loud enough to wake you up, so nothing to worry about. Also, there was a 'rattle' when we were leaving port - not sure if there is another anchor chain back there but that is what it sounded like.

Thanks, little britain, for the great information. We aren't light sleepers, so I'm sure the noise from above won't wake us up. I was a little worried about it being noisy, so I'm glad you found it not to be a problem. I'm also glad to hear you were okay with the superstructure. I was hoping being up that high would help.

Archived