Daily menu postings for non-suite passengers?

elycelynne

I wish they would post the menus for the entire cruise before hand so you can plan nights you might want to do Pinnacle, Lido, room service etc. After all, they have to know what they are serving so they can be sure to have the ingredients on hand. It is not like the chef shows up each morning and checks the refrigerator and than plans the meal :rolleyes:

Would they really do that? Even if I don't have a compelling reason like a food allergy that I have to plan around?

It was by accident at first since I was in a veranda next to a Suite and than I just asked if they would bring them (it wasn't a big deal since they were stuffing the Suites next to me). I did mention that my DH was a Chef and we wanted to see the menus so they may have been easy going because of that plus I was not asking them to go to another deck where they were bringing menus already.

There was also someone who used t be on this board who made it clear they ate in their cabin every night so they had a good reason to have the menus delivered since they were ordering off of the menu in-room on a daily basis.

I wish they would post the menus for the entire cruise before hand so you can plan ...
If 10% of the people on the ship wanted that, then 90% of them would be wasted paper. But displaying one copy in cases near the dining room for all to read might suffice.

I wish they would post the menus for the entire cruise before hand so you can plan nights you might want to do Pinnacle, Lido, room service etc. After all, they have to know what they are serving so they can be sure to have the ingredients on hand. It is not like the chef shows up each morning and checks the refrigerator and than plans the meal :rolleyes:

I vote for putting them on the TV or in the daily program

My husband called room service, and they delivered an attractive full sized menu to our cabin.

I've taken 12 cruises and didn't remember HA didn't have the menu on the TV. Thanks so much for the idea of calling room service for the full sized menu to be brought to the cabin. Awesome idea.

We are in an SY (or is it SS??) suite and I was so surprised that we didn't get priorty check-in. I thought a suite was a suite. On Carnival it is. If you pay for a suite you get priority check in. Hope the cruise is ok. I'm on the Westerdam tomorrow.

Thanks again for the great info.

I'm the same way. I find I miss the ability to do that when on land (at least, my Basset Hound, Dorcas, has yet to figure out how to post a dinner menu outside my kitchen).

I don't know if Celebrity does that, but that would be nice too; the technology exists and doing it wouldn't be that difficult for the Line to enable it aboard their ships. I would use it daily. Instead, about once a week (on longer cruises), I will go to the front desk and have them print out the status of my account, including a listing of all charges. I have occasionally caught some rather significant errors that way. If they had this data on the in-cabin TVs it would make the process much easier for all involved.

Rev. Neal,

Here is a link to one of my posts regarding HAL's remedial Technology.

It begs understanding how a company with offices in Seattle (the land of Bill Gates) can have such a Neanderthal approach to technology.

My main point is that the INFRASTRUCTURE (and thus the expense) is already in place onboard their ships to accomplish every goal sought by their (obviously ignored) customers !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18979658&highlight=#post18979658

I even sent this to DBA with no reply.

HAPPY EASTER (mine is next week)

r.

Archived