Daily menu postings for non-suite passengers?

elycelynne

I know that suite passengers get the daily menus delivered to them, so I was wondering how far in advance do non-suite passengers get to see the menus for each day. In other words, if you go to the dining room for breakfast, are the lunch and dinner menus already posted somewhere in the vicinity, or do you have to wait until lunch (or later) to see the dinner menu? Also, is there some kind of announcement in the daily bulletin as to what type of lunch fare is served in the Lido on a given day?

Not that I'm going on a cruise strictly for the food or anything! ;)

There may be a desk set up, as early as breakfast, in the Lido. That is where people can make open seating reservations. There will be dinner menus there.

The dinner menus will also be available at the bars.

In today's high world of technology I have a hard time understanding why Hal cannot post the daily menu's on the ships television.

For many of us it's not a problem but for someone with limited mobility that's a trip that should not be necessary.

In today's high world of technology I have a hard time understanding why Hal cannot post the daily menu's on the ships television.

For many of us it's not a problem but for someone with limited mobility that's a trip that should not be necessary.

They don't?

You might be able to ask your cabin steward to provide a daily dinner menu in your cabin. Don't know for sure, as we never have asked for that service.

It's nice to know that I won't have to be surprised at lunch and/or dinner. Since I'm single and don't cook much, that's the closest I'll ever come to "meal planning". :D

Having info (like your onboard account and menus) on the televisions would be nice. Doesn't Celebrity do that (at least the onboard account)?

I usually check on the lunch menu after finishing with breakfast; they usually have the menus for the Lido posted in the stairs/elevator landing just outside the aft lido entrance (and on Vessels with midships stairs, there too). If I don't like what I find there, or if I'm planning lunch in the Main Dining Room, I'll proceed down the aft steps to the Main Dining Room upper level entrance where I'll read the posted menu for lunch. During my afternoon constitutionals around the Promenade I usually make my final stop before returning to my cabin the Main Dining Room and the posted menus for dinner.

Yes, it would be a nice touch for HAL to put the Menus on the in-cabin Television. However, HAL has always bit a little behind the technological "cutting-edge" when it comes to such things. I don't know why.

We regularly eat breakfast in the Dining Room(except when we are in port and have an early shore excursion). On our February Maasdam cruise the menus for both lunch (if dining room would be open for lunch that day) and dinner would be posted in the glass cases just outside the dining room door. There was also a sign stating dress code for the evening.

It's nice to know that I won't have to be surprised at lunch and/or dinner. Since I'm single and don't cook much, that's the closest I'll ever come to "meal planning". :D

I'm the same way. :D I find I miss the ability to do that when on land (at least, my Basset Hound, Dorcas, has yet to figure out how to post a dinner menu outside my kitchen). :D

Having info (like your onboard account and menus) on the televisions would be nice. Doesn't Celebrity do that (at least the onboard account)?

I don't know if Celebrity does that, but that would be nice too; the technology exists and doing it wouldn't be that difficult for the Line to enable it aboard their ships. I would use it daily. Instead, about once a week (on longer cruises), I will go to the front desk and have them print out the status of my account, including a listing of all charges. I have occasionally caught some rather significant errors that way. If they had this data on the in-cabin TVs it would make the process much easier for all involved.

I don't know if Celebrity does that, but that would be nice too; the technology exists and doing it wouldn't be that difficult for the Line to enable it aboard their ships. I would use it daily. Instead, about once a week (on longer cruises), I will go to the front desk and have them print out the status of my account, including a listing of all charges. I have occasionally caught some rather significant errors that way. If they had this data on the in-cabin TVs it would make the process much easier for all involved.
Celebrity and RC had this on some of the ships, but not all of them. You can even book shore excursions and make dinner reservations via the TV system if you are on a ship where the system is available. I've sailed on a few ships that have it and like to check my statement every day or two for mistakes. They do make a few of them :rolleyes:

ADDED: I can't remember if the menu was posted on the TV or not. I know you could get the room service menu and order from it via TV but don't remember about the main dining room or buffet menus.

I know that suite passengers get the daily menus delivered to them, so I was wondering how far in advance do non-suite passengers get to see the menus for each day. In other words, if you go to the dining room for breakfast, are the lunch and dinner menus already posted somewhere in the vicinity, or do you have to wait until lunch (or later) to see the dinner menu? Also, is there some kind of announcement in the daily bulletin as to what type of lunch fare is served in the Lido on a given day?

Not that I'm going on a cruise strictly for the food or anything! ;)

You can call the Dining Room and request that they deliver the dinner menu to you each day.

The daily menu is posted quite early in a frame on the wall near the door of the dining room. You often see people reading them early in the day to sort of plan out their eating schedules/expectations for the rest of the day.

You can call the Dining Room and request that they deliver the dinner menu to you each day.

Would they really do that? Even if I don't have a compelling reason like a food allergy that I have to plan around?

Maitre D' for the next night's menu. They are available the night before. I agree that they should be available on the TV on one of the music channels. I also look at them in the mailbox outside the neighboring suite.

Archived