Docking or Tendering?

VOS08

Half Moon Cay is a small unpopulated island. The ship will use its lifeboats as the tenders. The ship will provide a bar-b-cue lunch ashore. Everything will have to be brought ashore from the ship. It's a beautiful beach so I think you will enjoy it greatly even with the inconvenience of tendering.

I'm really looking forward to it, as its my first time to visit any private islands. From pictures I've seen it looks beautiful! Can't wait to be sitting on the beach in the Caribbean, with nothing at all to do...... :cool:

Half Moon Cay is a small unpopulated island. The ship will use its lifeboats as the tenders. The ship will provide a bar-b-cue lunch ashore. Everything will have to be brought ashore from the ship. It's a beautiful beach so I think you will enjoy it greatly even with the inconvenience of tendering.

Yes, they will use the ship's own tenders, but there is at least one permanent tender stationed at HMC. It is larger and more comfortable than the lifeboat/tenders from the ship.

AFAIK, the only private island where cruise ships can dock, is Disney's Castaway Cay.

HMC is, indeed, beautiful. The lunch they provide is amazing, at least it was when we visited there on HAL. It is much more than hotdogs and burgers.

Paul

Just an FYI, the ship does not use lifeboats as tenders at HMC. There are tenders permanently based at HMC, that are much larger than the lifeboats.

Here is a picture of a tender at HMC that I found on flickr

Just an FYI, the ship does not use lifeboats as tenders at HMC. There are tenders permanently based at HMC, that are much larger than the lifeboats.

That's nice to know. When we visited HMC we used the ship's life boats.

1146231246055915280S600x600Q85.jpg

If there is more than one ship there the larger one will use the big tenders and the smaller will use it's own tenders. If they are the same size, as when I was there last month on Oosterdam and Noordam was there also, the first to arrive will use the local tenders. EM

Archived