Villefranche Rental Car?

theconfuzzingguy

and get a car in Monte Carlo; if you still really want one. Cars have to go up, over, and around the coastal hills; the train goes through them in tunnels. Monaco is only a few minutes from Villefranche by modern train (with very low fares). The station is a 10-minute walk from the tender pier, much of it along the lovely pebble beach. Villefranche-sur-mer is, btw, one of the most beautiful cruise ship calls in the Western Med.

You are brave. I would not drive through Nice or into Monte Carlo. Just make sure you get a GPS I guess. And be prepared for traffic delays.

Chicken ;)

We've been a couple of times with a car...getting down from Eze to Villefranche is.....interesting :) Very narrow winding road coming back down. Monte Carlo wasn't an issue, that was pretty easy to get on one of the Corniches.

Spent a few days in Nice last November and we found that there was no need to rent a car as the trains were inexpensive and were very frequent. The train station is just minutes from the dock. If you are going to Eze, there is a bus stop just up the hill from the train station. Parking is always a pain. Remember to look at a map to see how close Nice, Eze and Monte Carlo are to Villefrance. All the best.

They are not required as you left for Nice, right for Eze and Monte Carlo. When you get there, find a parking spot, walk and use the public transportation. All the best.

• 3 months later...
I did it thru a European co. based in Nice. They have a agent right at the port! (Only had gear shift cars however)

Please...what is the name of the rental agency at the port of Villefranche? I have searched everywhere and cannot find any information. Merci!

We drive quite often in this part of France and love the freedom of having a car. I do agree with WendytheWanderer that a GPS is very helpful for those not familiar with the area. As to rental car companies, try checking with http://www.locauto.fr/index_uk.htm

This company will normally deliver cars right to the tender dock in Villefranche.

Hank

Archived