Cabo San Lucas: 77°F (Average is 72°F)

Mazatlan: 81°F (Average is 79°F)

Puerto Vallarta: 81°F (Average is 80°F)

Ixtapa: 83°F (Average is 83°F)

Acapulco: 83°F (Average is 83°F)

Hope this helps, have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you've now cited 2 web sites;

http://www.loscabostoday.com/weather.htm (reporting "water temps" anywhere from 67.5 to 72.5)

and

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/marine_forecast.m?city=70014&metric=false (reporting "sea surface" temps of 79)

This proves that probably neither, is truly accurate for those people dipping their toes in the waters around Medano Beach or further north towards Chileno Bay or Santa Maria.

At this point, the most reliable report just may be peoples own experience who have actually been there during that time period, but even that can be skewed. Someone who typically swims in the Gulf Of Mexico's bathwater warm waters may find even 72 degree water to be quite cold upon initial entry. Someone who typically swims in the cold, Pacific Coast waters north of Santa Barbara may find 72 degree water to be quite exceptional.

At any point, here's hoping everyone has "fair winds and following seas" and a fantastic cruise.

I'll be there in 10 days for 10 days and I will report back! Darrell, did you swim while you were there? I am not planning on snorkling this trip because of the water (saving that for October) but sure would be nice to swim! Caboticket the divemaster on tripadvisor is still reccomending wetsuits at this point and I trust him- he is IN the water everyday where the tourists are just not reciting a website of averages taken from who knows where. But I hope I am wrong and that it is as warm as it is in October and November!:)

Hi Sandy,

Sorry to say that I didn't even make it over to Medano Beach this time. Guess we're a little jaded living in San Diego. Holly went to her favorite Spa for a massage (3 times). Each time, her 50 minute massage got longer & longer. The last one was about 90 minutes. They were very happy to have her as a repeat customer. We also spent each day in town at a local restaurant trying to help them because business has been so slow. Soloman's Landing on the Marina boardwalk was almost deserted when we were there for lunch. We also went to Gordo's twice, Gardinia's once (for fish tacos), Mocambo's once (had 4 1/2 pounds of Red Snapper) grilled, that Holly & I shared & we went to Salvatore's for lasagna night. Salvatore's was still crowded (no surprise there).

Think next year we'll probably be back there in February for whale watching. That's when our friend Vicki has her alternate year Executive Suite at Sunset Beach and I think that is when she is planing her reservation for.

Not sure if I told you or not. We upgraded our "odd year" plan at Sunset Beach from an Executive to a Presidential (2 bedroom) for $3800. Not sure what we will do with all the space (each time) but it allows us to bring more family & friends when they can make it.

She goes to the Bel Air Spa. Been going there every year since about 2003. It's on the road leading out of town going up to Sunset Beach. About 2 blocks past the Mar de Cortez hotel but on the left hand side of the road. If you've walked as far as the city square (with the dinosaur bones), you've just passed it. Maybe a 3 - 4 block walk from Gordo Lele's.

The presidential's have a triple balcony with a complete dining room table set up for eating out on the balcony. Holly really wanted it for eating breakfast each morning and watching the cruise ships sail by. Plus another big dining room table inside. I'll try to get some pictures up.

She goes to the Bel Air Spa. Been going there every year since about 2003. It's on the road leading out of town going up to Sunset Beach. About 2 blocks past the Mar de Cortez hotel but on the left hand side of the road. If you've walked as far as the city square (with the dinosaur bones), you've just passed it. Maybe a 3 - 4 block walk from Gordo Lele's.

I will be checking it out! We are staying at the Mar de Cortez for the first 3 nights!:)

Even though you haven't met her, tell the girls at the Bel Air, that Holly sent you. We were there the first week of June and they may still remember her. You may get an extra 10-15 minutes like Holly did. Actually, hers were more like 20 - 30 minutes extra.

Remember the Pacific Ocean is colder than the Atlantic. The ocean water near the cruise terminal is only about 60F right now and it has been very cool for June. I did go snorkeling in PV in April several years ago wearing just a bathing suit and was perfectly comfortable.

Well, you've now cited 2 web sites;

http://www.loscabostoday.com/weather.htm (reporting "water temps" anywhere from 67.5 to 72.5)

and

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/marine_forecast.m?city=70014&metric=false (reporting "sea surface" temps of 79)

This proves that probably neither, is truly accurate for those people dipping their toes in the waters around Medano Beach or further north towards Chileno Bay or Santa Maria.

At this point, the most reliable report just may be peoples own experience who have actually been there during that time period, but even that can be skewed. Someone who typically swims in the Gulf Of Mexico's bathwater warm waters may find even 72 degree water to be quite cold upon initial entry. Someone who typically swims in the cold, Pacific Coast waters north of Santa Barbara may find 72 degree water to be quite exceptional.

At any point, here's hoping everyone has "fair winds and following seas" and a fantastic cruise.

Do either of those sites list upper 50's lower 60's as was alleged for JUNE? I think not thus my point!

Remember the Pacific Ocean is colder than the Atlantic. The ocean water near the cruise terminal is only about 60F right now and it has been very cool for June. I did go snorkeling in PV in April several years ago wearing just a bathing suit and was perfectly comfortable.

I am not buying your story on water temps..Here is a link to an UNBIAS site that shows approxiamte temps... Folks can judge for themselves....http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/sst/latest_sst.gif

Can you please give it up? Quoting all of your estimated temps from random websites are just stats. I trust a dive master who is in the water every single day with a thermomoter. Your websites cannot possible measure the water temps in every single area of the water. I'm sure it varies day to day and place to place. The only references I will make are my own personal experience and that of a pro in the water.

I will post back when I return with actual information but posting all of these websites is not helping anyone at all.

Actually I hope you are right and the water is wonderfully warm but I am not getting my hopes up. 7 days from today, I will know for sure!:)

can YOU please give it up passing on bad information! The websites I have posted CLEARLY give an indication there are (no temps in the upper 50's lower 60's) like you indicated it would be previously.

I trust my OWN experience in the water in April and May in cabo plus the wisconsin education dept . as it is not an advertisement website promoting anything but the facts!

Have fun when you go. I am not worried about it being in the upper 50's lower 60's if the truth be told. Give us all a report from chileno and Santa maria . It should be interersting.....

Can you consider that you may both be right? The web sites are posting SURFACE temps. Typically divers report the temperaure at DEPTH. The temperature drops as you go down. Now quit arguing.:D

Enjoy

Ron

Ok, that is the story, we are both right!:) I like it. That is kind of what I was trying to get across- the websites only post forecasted data which is not always correct, the temps can vary quite a bit, day by day in the same month and no one I know swims only on the surface! One day in the same month on Medano can be 62 ( a few weeks ago ) and the next can be 68 (yesterday). These temps are according to a local who lives in Cabo. This beach is where most people swim in Cabo. Who knows, next week might be 61 or 71 although I hope Spanky is correct because I really like the warm water!

Peace!:D

I have to say the previous posts were actually by or to/ snorkel folks off cruise ships who wanted to know what the temps were not what it maybe down several feet of which few cruise ship snorkelers seldom go. I was there in april and posted the TEMP at that time which was 72 degree's. NO website has posted lower than 67 at anytime from april until the present.

I posted the websites so folks could take the personal touch out of it from me!! my PERSONAL experiences snorkeling every other year in cabo MYSELF at chileno and Santa Maria back up the websites findings .

As I stated before everyone can JUDGE for themselves who and what they want to believe.

I am just trying to the best of my ability to post ACCURATE information as I know it to those who chose to snorkel off a cruise in Cabo.

Our ship did not go there due to swine flu and went up north so we transferred to Southern Caribbean. Nice to see what the temps are but we will be going either in April or Dec. timeframe in the future. Thanks all for everyone's input.

I am not a business owner, I have nothing to gain by voicing my opinion other than giving you a different perspective. I am just a regular person that happens to have the pleasure of living here 365 days a year and have for the past many years.

Here in Cabo, no matter what month of the year, there is a BIG difference between the surface temp and the water temp below - 10ft down and deeper. Typically, late March and April is the coolest water temp and late fall being the warmest. And of course, the shallower the water, normally the warmer. So Chileno and Sta. Maria (average depth 15-45ft where you snorkel) are usually warmer than around Pelican Rock where there is a very deep drop off.

I snorkel all the time, a couple to several times a month, every month of the year. I have never worn a wetsuit snorkeling here except this past April 30 and only used a wetsuit top. I just don't find the water here cold and I am from the Caribbean where I snorkeled almost every day in water normally about 82F. Anyone who has been to Xcaret (by Cancun) the water is a constant 63F in the river. Barton Springs in Austin, 68F year round. I find it the same here during the "cold" times, when you jump in at Xcaret, it may take your breath away but you quickly get used to it and then it is comfortable.

But every single diver I know (4-5 dozen or so) that lives in Cabo wears a wetsuit here if they are going to spend much time underwater even during the "warm" months. As with everything else is life, there are exceptions.

Yes, there are numerous websites with "official" information on the weather and water temps. I just clicked on a "official" weather website that says the current conditions here in Cabo are partly cloudy and winds out of the SSE. Guess someone should let the "official" website know because I walked out on the sidewalk at the marina and there is not one single cloud a far as my eye can see and there is a light wind out of the WNW. I find "first hand/in person" to be more accurate than "official" websites. But again, just my opinion.

Archived