Top 5 must brings!

pacheco18

1) I agree. A plug strip. I carry a laptop (not for work--for creating my cruise website), an iPhone, camera, strobe. All need charging. And sometimes the cabin plugs are recessed and my Mac's plug don't fit into them.

2) Decent binoculars. The free ones in the X CC cabins are a joke.

3) A clock with a lighted face so when we wake up in the middle of the night, my lovely bride knows what time it is.

Guest TropicOne

For my Carnival Caribbean cruises :

> documents

> just casual summer wear

> sunscreen/tanning lotion

> camera

> and most important - a fun and carefree mindset !

Cruise Critic sign printed fron CC, colored & taped to cabin door so John can find correct cabin. Or anything to identify your cabin.

Yellow hi-lighter for daily program

Small flashlight

SEA bands

Sense of adventure&humor/big appetite

Joanne

:p

1. My cruise documents.

2. My passport and driver's license.

3. A credit or two.

4. My sense of humor, just in case things don't go my way. For example, a missed port-of-call, etc.

5. My williness to leave my troubles behind; work, household repairs, etc.

6 and on - everything else.

1. Power strip

2. Bunge cord for Balcony Door

3. Duct tape..( I know, sounds crazy but actually read about it on these boards before our 1st cruise years ago... and used it before the cruise was over, believe it or not. We seemed to be getting off the ship with more in the suitcases that we boarded with. We bought a couple of Hammocks in one of the ports, so we used the duct tape to tape it to one of our large suitcases and we didnt have to carry it!) I haven't been on another cruise without it!

4. Clothes pins to hang up wet swimsuits in the shower.

5. Camera w/extra batteries.

With 3 boys traveling with me if I put their dirty clothes back into the suitcase, it reeks after the first day. So I put their socks and shirts in a pop up hamper and put some dryer sheets in there. Keeps the clothes from stinking up everything.

I've thrown out suitcases because of the smell of dirty clothes. We now send things out to be laundered or pack them into ziploc baggies.

1. Power strip

2. Bunge cord for Balcony Door

3. Duct tape..( I know, sounds crazy but actually read about it on these boards before our 1st cruise years ago... and used it before the cruise was over, believe it or not. We seemed to be getting off the ship with more in the suitcases that we boarded with. We bought a couple of Hammocks in one of the ports, so we used the duct tape to tape it to one of our large suitcases and we didnt have to carry it!) I haven't been on another cruise without it!

4. Clothes pins to hang up wet swimsuits in the shower.

5. Camera w/extra batteries.

I've read hundreds of times people packing duct tape. We've never used it, never packed it, never considered it when traveling in the last 25 years. We don't even use it at home for repair.

We stopped taking so much of the stuff I've read about on this thread and don't miss it. We no longer take an over the door hanger, power strip, books (onboard library) a clock or nightlight. We've never taken cups, bungee cords, highlighter pens, hampers etc...

Just the basic necessities not provided by the cruise line or hotel, the exception being our own toiletries, we're just not interested in being surprised by mystery product.

Travel alarm clock

Power strip to charge vour camera, cell phone and netbook computer

Appropriate clothing for formal and smart casual evening; days in port and beach etc

Rx for mal de mer in case of rough seas

DH and Credit cards. :)

dunno which i love better.. the fact DH is on ur list.. or that hes along w the credit cards.. maybe it should say.. DH W/ credit cards.. ;)

I've read tons of tips on packing for a cruise - but my question is really about cruise-specific items that you cannot live without on a cruise ship in particular = e.g. your travel mug, extension cord etc.

What are your top 5 items that you MUST take with you on a cruise ship?

1.Power strip.

2.Dramamine

3.Cash and credit cards

4.Journal to document each day

5.An open mind.

The omnipresent power strip, tape for use sealing up stuff like little bags with gifts in them, ziplock bags because they just flat out come in handy for so many things, a backpack (HATE carrying around bags in my hands when I am on tours), sharpie markers for marking things and such. I also travel with snacks in my carry on bags because we all know how it is to go two hours between those HUGE airline meals. LOL

Joe W.

The omnipresent power strip, tape for use sealing up stuff like little bags with gifts in them, ziplock bags because they just flat out come in handy for so many things, a backpack (HATE carrying around bags in my hands when I am on tours), sharpie markers for marking things and such. I also travel with snacks in my carry on bags because we all know how it is to go two hours between those HUGE airline meals. LOL

Joe W.

What happened to 'DONT TAKE FOOD OFF OR ON THE SHIP' ?:confused:

1. Sunscreen- it's way overpriced on the ship!

2. Ipod with speakers- so fun to have music on when you're getting ready to go out or just lounging in the room!

3. Camera charger!

4. Lot's of bottled water!

5. An awesome partner in crime who knows how to have just as good of a time as you!!

So you can take bottles of water on/off the ship as long as they're sealed? Same goes with food, so long as they're not fruits right?

I'm asking b/c on excursions, i'd like to munch on something and i'm pretty sure i'll be thirsty too.

For me,

I would go with a decent mug....sometimes it's lovely to sit on the balcony with a proper big mug of coffee.

I like my 'proper' bedside clock

This time I'm going to take a small nightlight for the bathroom. I haven't done it before and I always wake up when my husband opens the bathroom door.

the best sunscreen I can afford

the 'right' beach bag...I never manage it and always end up buying one. I want one that's stylish, big enough, light and able to go with everything I wear...not much to ask!:)

Now I really need to get back to work x

What happened to 'DONT TAKE FOOD OFF OR ON THE SHIP' ?:confused:
You're allowed to bring pre-packaged snack-type foods on or off the ship -- packs of crackers, Little Debbie cookies, bags of peanuts, granola bars. What you're NOT allowed to do is bring cooked or prepared food into another country.

My Swiss army knife in case I have to open a bottle of wine or help fix the ship's engines.

Extra pair of eye glasses.

Dental crown/filling repair kit.

Travel alarm clock.

LED keychain light.

Mini set of dominos.

Outlet adapter - my hair dryer would not have worked in the outlet on the vanity without it

Over-the-door shoe holder thingy - got mine at $$ tree - not heavy duty and only had nine pockets but it was enough for two of us and folded FLAT which was great for packing

Clothespins

Sham-Wows - used the big ones to roll all the water out of our bathing suits at night sp they were dry the next mornng - and we took the small ones to the beaches and used them to dry off after we got out of the water to keep our towels dry

Digital clock - I found one with a caribbeaner clip at $$ tree and we clipped it to the beach bag for excursions, and on a belt loop or lanyard when we were on the ship - we don't own watches and usually rely on our phones for the time so this was a dollar well spent!

1) credit card and lots of small bills ($1's and $5's)

2) copy of passport, drivers license, health insurance card, and itinerary in each suit case

3) chapstick and sunscreen

4) camera and extra batteries

5) extra ziplock bags

Archived