Just trying to understand ES

TakeMeAway1001

:oI did read the rules and such and have to ask this question before I call Carnival again.

I booked an 8C for our cruise next year for DH/Me/DD/Friend, today I was poking around and thought I would like to go up to an 8D and get the girls their own cabin across from us and was told I couldn't do this without fee because it goes against the ES rules. I know you have to pay the fee to change ship or sailing date or do a name change but I am not doing any of that.

I also read about someone here who used the ES and added a third and then canceled the third to move her to her own room and they were allowed to do this with no fees. I think my nerves got the better of me and I am trying to make sure I am not missing something key in the rules, I am upgrading which will cost me and I am getting another cabin which will cost me so they aren't losing any money. I could be completely wrong and if I am I apologize for that upfront but I just wonder if it's worthwhile to call back.

Definitely call back and talk to someone else. If you catch the right person they will do it. I assume the fee is because you are removing someone from the room, not the upgrade. Speak to a supervisor if you have to.

I will call them later today and hope they will allow me to do it, I could certainly agree on the fee if two decided not to go but that isn't the case. Thanks for the response :)

I'd try again - normally as long as you're "upgrading" (spending more money) you can do so with the Early Saver. ken

Thanks~ I definitely don't want to ask for something that is clearly against the rules but this didn't seem to feel that way. I will be sure to post how it turns out :)

:oI did read the rules and such and have to ask this question before I call Carnival again.

I booked an 8C for our cruise next year for DH/Me/DD/Friend, today I was poking around and thought I would like to go up to an 8D and get the girls their own cabin across from us and was told I couldn't do this without fee because it goes against the ES rules. I know you have to pay the fee to change ship or sailing date or do a name change but I am not doing any of that.

I also read about someone here who used the ES and added a third and then canceled the third to move her to her own room and they were allowed to do this with no fees. I think my nerves got the better of me and I am trying to make sure I am not missing something key in the rules, I am upgrading which will cost me and I am getting another cabin which will cost me so they aren't losing any money. I could be completely wrong and if I am I apologize for that upfront but I just wonder if it's worthwhile to call back.

When you move the two out of the room it is a cancellation, so you are going to lose the deposit. You could upgrade without any problem, but taking the two out of the room is where you are running into problems.

When you move the two out of the room it is a cancellation, so you are going to lose the deposit. You could upgrade without any problem, but taking the two out of the room is where you are running into problems.

Somehow I doubt Carnival would look at moving a 3rd & 4th passenger out of a cabin and booking them in another cabin at full 1st and 2nd fares as a cancellation.

I have seen many other posters claim they have done the same with no fees. Canival would be foolish to turn down the added revenue.

Carnival's system looks at it as a cancellation. You have to get the right person on the phone who can understand that it is not a cancellation and doesn't break any of the rules stated.

I was booked 4 people in 8C. Moved 2 to a different 8C. Moved 2 to a 4E. No fees were charged. In order to accomplish this the pvp I spoke to had to get the customer resolutions dept to make the change.

My PVP reads the rules as cant downgrade without paying the $50 pp fee, but you can upgrade. If you are moving your girls from a 8C to a 8D cabin, that should be allowed, but if you want to move them to a inside cabin like the other person did, Im very surprised he wasnt charged. Just shows how some can get a supervisor to over ride the system, but its not the norm. One person got lucky. (edited to add Mitchie was the one exception so far to the no downgrading rule).

So, you can upgrade, no cost, but not downgrade is the rule most PVPs are following.

Somehow I doubt Carnival would look at moving a 3rd & 4th passenger out of a cabin and booking them in another cabin at full 1st and 2nd fares as a cancellation.

I have seen many other posters claim they have done the same with no fees. Canival would be foolish to turn down the added revenue.

Mitchie moved two to a inside cabin, for $180 less, so now 4 are taking up two cabins plus Carnival is getting less revenue. Only will happen if you get a supervisor or in his case resolutions dept over rode the system, because even my PVP said cant be done without paying the $50 pp to change the two people. She was surprised Carnival did this.

I understand what you guys are saying, the only way I thought it may be different is that we are going up and the girls will be paying double occup rate instead of 3/4th passenger rates, the total to me is more. I guess I will call on Monday when the CR Dept is open. Thanks again for the insight :)

Archived