Restaurant Suggestion Christmas- Ft. Lauderdale

melindda

We are part of larger group sailing on the Caribben Princess 12/26/04 and some of us will be staying at the Renaissance in Ft. Lauderdale on 12/24 and 12/25. We would like to make a dinner reservation for dinner on Christmas day and would appreciate any suggestions. We will be a party 12 people which includes 6 teenagers, so we would like to try to dine in a nice restaurant, but not overly gourmet.

Has anyone tried the restaurant at the hotel for dinner? Any comments? Any other restaurants around the area?

Thanks for any info.

Bimini Boatyard is not too far from you. It is a very nice, modern, restaurant. You can dine in, or outside. I haven't been there in a couple of years, but they used to be open on Christmas. Great fish, moderate to high end pricing, very pretty.

Here's a link with lots of local restaurants: some that stand out are 15th street Fisheries, Anthony's Runway 84 (awesome!).

http://www.flausa.com/interests/dining/listings.php/ListingFormat=dine/pMain_City=Fort%2520Lauderdale

Just scroll down past the hugh listing of names and you'll see a bunch of restaraunts you can read about. We live about 20 minutes north of this area.

Here's another good link that actually lists whethere they are open for holidays. Yesterday's is fabulous.

http://www.chowbaby.com/10_2000/features/article.asp?X=225

Hope this helps.

Hi

I am also in town to sail on the Star Princess and our group was also looking for places to eat.

Since I have been to both the Boatyard and the 15th St Fisherie I would reccomend both of them. Great food and atmosphere to both of them.

Thanks for reminding me that they may be an option.

Happy Holidays and Happy sailing!!

When we stayed at the Marriott Marina after a cruise, they had a great Sunday brunch buffet that was reasonably priced. I don't know if they have something similar planned for Christmas, but you might want to check them out.

Archived