Saletta on Silver Cloud

Sweetpea711423

Henry, concur...one can hope they only charge for LChampagne...u get at one

of SS marketing problems with the Spirit..they do not release Spirit information, pictures

readily vis-a-vis Seabourn's exceptional marking program for the Odyssey...I learn more about the Spirit's progress here on the SS CC thread than from SS...

Sorry, Sweetpea, I misunderstood what you were asking.

Wes, we'll see how it goes. I agree that SB is doing a much better marketing job with the Odyssey. I'm sure the Spirit will be a terrific ship though.

I resent cover charge for Le Champaign. If they want you to buy premium wines there, fine. Charging $200 for pairing, though I think it's quite a bit higher than going rate in my hometown of San Francisco, is OK, too, if the quality served justifies it. But charging for two restaurants? Come on. I take Silversea because it's all inclusive. No caviar, and now this?

Seabourn is looking better and better, now they have real balconey. Silversea better watch out.

The food is excellent, but by itself (if not pairing with wines) I'm not sure it is worth it. Another option is to get the meal and choose your own bottle from the list (if you don't like a large variety of wines). The cost is worth it if you you want to have some really great wines one night with dinner - otherwise, stick with the other two restaurants. Jeff

Archived