FOS - deluxe balcony or superior balcony?

Spoke with an RCCL reservation agent yesterday who offered both a deluxe (D3) and a superior (D1) balcony cabin on Freedom, but couldn't explain the difference between the two. Apparently the D1 is larger but he wasn't sure by how much. Would appreciate some enlightenment re the difference in size and anything else between those categories. Thanks.

Spoke with an RCCL reservation agent yesterday who offered both a deluxe (D3) and a superior (D1) balcony cabin on Freedom, but couldn't explain the difference between the two. Apparently the D1 is larger but he wasn't sure by how much. Would appreciate some enlightenment re the difference in size and anything else between those categories. Thanks.

All Ds are the same size. On deck 10, Ds are all D1s, no matter the occupancy.

On deck 9 D1s are higher occupancy or on the hump, D2s are doubles.

On deck 8, higher occupancy cabins are D1, D2s are doubles.

On deck 7, Ds that are high occupancy or doubles but connecting, are D1s. The rest are D2s. (I think there are mistakes on their floorplan here because some of the cabins dont seem to be following those rules. eg why are 7682/7684 connecting D2 but 7382/7384 connecting D1? Who knows.)

On deck 6 higher occupancy Ds are D1s, doubles are D2s, connecting or not.

At least that's how it looks to me.

I didn't see any D3s on any of the decks.

All Ds are the same size. On deck 10, Ds are all D1s, no matter the occupancy.

On deck 9 D1s are higher occupancy or on the hump, D2s are doubles.

On deck 8, higher occupancy cabins are D1, D2s are doubles.

On deck 7, Ds that are high occupancy or doubles but connecting, are D1s. The rest are D2s. (I think there are mistakes on their floorplan here because some of the cabins dont seem to be following those rules. eg why are 7682/7684 connecting D2 but 7382/7384 connecting D1? Who knows.)

On deck 6 higher occupancy Ds are D1s, doubles are D2s, connecting or not.

At least that's how it looks to me.

I didn't see any D3s on any of the decks.

That makes my head hurt!:D

Thanks for the info. The rep with whom I spoke told me superior balcony cabins are larger than deluxe balcony cabins, both the cabins themselves and the balconies. So much for the dependability of info gotten straight from the RCCL horse's mouth!

Thanks for the info. The rep with whom I spoke told me superior balcony cabins are larger than deluxe balcony cabins, both the cabins themselves and the balconies. So much for the dependability of info gotten straight from the RCCL horse's mouth!

The rep is right, the Superior balcony is a D catagory, and both the cabin and the balcony are usually larger than a deluxe balcony which is an E catagory

Archived