Prime 7 Dress Code

BBfromCA

Website says jacket required in Signatures. No such notation for Prime 7, so I am assuming it is the dress code of the day.

You're right -- the dress code for Prime 7 and the cruises for the rest of 2009 and 2010 have yet to appear in the brochures or website. Based on the cover of Regent's Summer 2009 through Winter 2010 "Voyages to Explore" with Prime 7 on the cover, I cannot imagine wearing anything less than a jacket. . . with the beautiful crystal, elegant leather chairs and gold-plated silverware... CCC just wouldn't fit. Their menu of page 21 is just mouth-watering.

Loodie, how were you able to determine the dress code for your upcoming cruise?

Looking forward to reading your review (particularly of Prime 7!):)

I found the Daily Passages for DebbieH103's Christmas cruise on Voyager. (See: http://www.luxurycruiseandland.com/blogs/rvcc2008.php/2009/01/04/daily-passages-activity-sheets.) The Passages for 12/18/08, the first day of the cruise, makes clear that at least on CCC nights, a jacket is not required in Prime 7. Passages states in two places that the dress code for Signatures is always informal but contains no such requirement for Prime 7. This is the same as Latitudes which, at least on CCC nights, did not require a jacket. The Daily Passages for the remaining nights of the cruise follow the same pattern. The dress code for Signatures is expressly set forth but there is no such notation for Prime 7.

Of course as Travelcat2 mentioned, some passengers will dress up more than CCC to go to Prime 7. However, apparently dressing formal or informal on CCC nights is not required.

If anyone has concrete information to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
My husband's never gone to any dinner in any Regent venue without a jacket! [And he never will, if I'm his date]. :)

Hear hear!

Manners (and dress, is in one sense, manners in semaphore) makes the man.

I'm not for stuffiness, but to show up to a nice dinner venue (land or sea) looking like you're an overworked shirt-sleeve stiff out to grab a vending machine sandwich? Gentlemen, it's basically signalling 'up yours, it's all about me' to your fellow diners, and your hosts! :o

I couldn't agree more with the recent posts. We enjoy the formal and informal nights and getting dressed for dinner is something we look forward to. Take a look at your surroundings - gracious dining venue, exquisite flatware & crystal, gourmet presentation of an elaborate menu...why would you not want to take it up a notch or two and put on a jacket. Even on CCC evening we go to dinner in business casual attire. We don't get to dress for dinner very often at home and really enjoy the experience on board. Getting ready for dinner in our suite, going to have a pre-dinner cocktail and mingling with fellow passengers all dressed up is something that we look forward to. The evening is when the ship comes alive and we enjoy this social aspect of our days on board. Of course each is entitled to dress as they see fit so long as it is within the dress codes set by the RSSC. I feel if people want to be totally relaxed in their dress code there is the option of other cruiselines/ships with a more relaxed cruising atmosphere.

Hear hear!

Manners (and dress, is in one sense, manners in semaphore) makes the man.

I'm not for stuffiness, but to show up to a nice dinner venue (land or sea) looking like you're an overworked shirt-sleeve stiff out to grab a vending machine sandwich? Gentlemen, it's basically signalling 'up yours, it's all about me' to your fellow diners, and your hosts! :o

:D Never heard it better stated...And that is not in any way being stuffy. It is common courtesy and sensibility..

I, too, couldn't agree more. This is a topic that is frequently discussed on the Crystal board, and I think I'll share dhream's comments there because it was stated perfectly.

Although I hesitate to enter into the Great Dress Debate, I find it troubling that some posts suggest that not wearing a jacket on CCC nights is somehow insulting to other passengers. Those posts might also give the incorrect impression of Regent cruises to new Regent passengers regarding which dress is appropriate and acceptable.

We taken 8 or 9 Regent cruises over the last few years, on all of which (except for the Paul Gauguin) there have been a combination of formal, informal, and CCC evenings. On CCC nights, many men (I would estimate it to be the majority, although I did not take any polls with regard thereto) wore nice shirts without jackets. Included among those shirts were a lot of untucked, straight-hem tropical-style shirts which I, like many other men, prefer for CCC nights.

Remarkably, despite the presence in the elegant dining room of so many jacketless men, the crystal did not lose its sparkle and the flatwear did not through itself into a state of tarnish.

Passengers who enjoy dressing up are entirely free to do so, irrespective of the dress code of the particular evening. However, it is preposterous to state that those passengers who follow the CCC dress code on CCC evenings are showing a lack of respect for other passengers. Rather, I would respecfully propose that following the dress code of the evening is demonstrating "common courtesy and sensibility", whereas denigrating fellow passengers who do not choose to "dress up" to the level preferred by certain other passengers is demonstrating quite the opposite.

Cheers, Fred

While I don't think a jacket is necessary, there should be a certain level of appropriate dress at a venue such as Prime 7. There is a very nice restaurant here town with basically the same menu as Prime 7, very elegant decor, etc. It is also quite pricey. I would feel weird wearing jeans to dinner at that place, but I have seen people there wearing ripped shorts, a old t-shirt and flip flops. I just don't understand how they could think that is appropriate (not that anyone cruising on Regent would show up to dinner wearing that).

Dress code discussions on the boards are as endless as they are pointless. It's all been rehashed dozens of times. Talking up a more formal approach to dress may feel good to those who would prefer, for instance, that coats be worn on CCC nights, but it ain't going to change anything. CCC means nice shirts and slacks and that is what most of us will wear. Include me in that number. If you wish to take offense, be my guest. I'm going to have a great time anyway. And in fact the trend even in the high end cruising market is in the direction of more casual attire, not the opposite. The new tight restrictions on airline luggage allowances is a contributing factor as is the fact that the boomers are a more casual generation. Pat

Archived