Am I the only one who is tired of all this swine flu talk.

frito58

Im sorry, but I found this absoulty Hysterical!

{taken from our local School district Website)

April 30, 2009

Health Expo Canceled

The Healthy You, Healthy Earth Expo scheduled for this Saturday, May 2 at the GISD Special Events Center has been canceled due to health concerns. We are making an effort to reschedule this event in the future.

Surely they will publish this somewhere. You know how some magazines publish funny sayings, road signs, I just whopped when I read about this cancellation.

Surely they will publish this somewhere. You know how some magazines publish funny sayings, road signs, I just whopped when I read about this cancellation.

It is good to laugh, it sure makes me less frustrated with the hysteria the media (and some adults) is encouraging!

My son had to watch a film in health class today about "epidemics" and it showed people storming the stores for food because they didn't "plan" and stock up. The way he described it, it was a film about preparation and what will happen when the bad virus gets here, school closings, water shut off to prevent spread of disease, no one at work, even at the elec. company so no electricity...on and on. Talk about creating panic when it isn't warranted!

I wish the adults teaching my child would also get a grip and not make kids worry about things they can't control! Oh well, he's heard my thoughts on the whole thing and he didn't worry. (I'm an RN, so we have health discussions often.)

Anyway..thanks for this thread...humor is a healer of all ills!

Yes I am tired of the talk. Chicken Little the sky is falling.

I am booked on a June 8th Cruise and I am looking forward to getting in the ship to relax. If I miss that little port in Ensenada no big deal, I just want a vacation.

From what I hear, the Swine Flu is nothing compared to the squirrel flu...

Enjoy... http://www.squirrelflu.com

Oh, and for those worried about the Swine Flu, try this link... It will tell you if you have it or not.

http://www.doihavetheswineflu.com

For the record, I use the rum-runner flask in a carry on. Works like a charm.

:D

Im sorry, but I found this absoulty Hysterical!

{taken from our local School district Website)

April 30, 2009

Health Expo Canceled

The Healthy You, Healthy Earth Expo scheduled for this Saturday, May 2 at the GISD Special Events Center has been canceled due to health concerns. We are making an effort to reschedule this event in the future.

***This Just In***

La Mas classes have been cancelled due to pregnancy.:D

Watching Brian Williams on NBC Channel 4 here in the D.C. area . . .

113 "possible" cases of the Swine Flu in 18 states in the United States. And how many have had to be in a hospital . . . none. They've shut down schools 300 schools in eleven states.

Heaven help me . . . this is not the Black Pleague!!!!!

I am one who is sick of the absurd overreaction of people that is being fueled by the media.

I work in a veterinary office and today someone called to cancel their animals's appointment reason being:

They are saving their money and stockpiling resources becasue of the swine flu pandemic taking off.

I was like you have to be kidding me.

Watching Brian Williams on NBC Channel 4 here in the D.C. area . . .

113 "possible" cases of the Swine Flu in 18 states in the United States. And how many have had to be in a hospital . . . none. They've shut down schools 300 schools in eleven states.

Heaven help me . . . this is not the Black Pleague!!!!!

Aw my gawd!!!!! 113 out of a population of over 300,000,000?

Crikeys!!!!

Better go get your plastic and duct tape..........:eek:

Aw my gawd!!!!! 113 out of a population of over 300' date='000,000?

Crikeys!!!!

Better go get your plastic and duct tape..........:eek:[/quote']

I am spraying my keyboard with Lysol as I type. :eek:

Can you catch it by looking at pictures of Pork and pork products?!

Thats because, It's the Aporkalypse!

OK, now. Please post your address so I can send you a bill for a new keyboard.

I just spewed coffee all over the place over your remark and I'm sure it will need to be replaced.

How Rude!!!

P.S. Can I vote this the best post so far?????

I just googled this. So 100 cases in the US is news worthy.

About 30,000 to 40,000 deaths occur due to the flu each year in the United States. That number could equate to 300,000 to 500,000 deaths worldwide.1 The majority of flu-related deaths occur in people over the age of 65.2

I do feel for the people that are sick, I'm not heartless but man I am beginning to feel like chicken little.

...to say nothing about the "boy who cried wolf"........

Wonder if chicken little can read????

Im all over it!!

I'm already working on our act, it's very timely with today's current events.

Some possible one-liners:

Stop hogging the the media with all these stories.

Swine flu...it's such a boar (bore).

Swine flu...at least it ain't SOWmanilla....

I got a million of um....:D

I'm already working on our act, it's very timely with today's current events.

Some possible one-liners:

Stop hogging the the media with all these stories.

Swine flu...it's such a boar (bore).

Swine flu...at least it ain't SOWmanilla....

I got a million of um....:D

Oh Tracey, your very punny!!!

(I know that did not have anything to do with Swine Flu, but I did not want to appear to be a HAM!!!)

:p

Socialized medicine has nothing to do with it..no matter what you or I might think. The source is suspected to be a pig farm in Mexico, owned by an American company, Smithfield. The problem is not the medical care but the lack of environmental laws that attract large companies...who then do not do what they would do in the states to make sure these things do not happen.

Its quite likely that free trade caused this problem....

My point was not that socialized medicine caused this flu. My point was that socialized medicine is one of the many reasons that Mexico is ill-equipped to deal with this "crisis." Whether it came from bacon, a government conspiracy, or Mars... it is sad that American's can be treated at any doctor, hospital, or walk-in clinic... and in Mexico, there are lines at hospitals over a mile long. My original comment wasn't meant to be political, but this flu certainly wasn't caused by free-trade.

Archived