Am I the only one who is tired of all this swine flu talk.

frito58

Omg the I think it's the end of the world:rolleyes:. If you listen the media. It's now in Ohio and people are not eating pork in fear of catching the flu:eek: One of my wife's employees was questioning her as to where we cruised, we just got back April 3, she was afraid we had been to Mexico and she might catch it from her. I know it's not a good thing but man give me a break. People are afraid to leave their homes. Am I making to little of it or are there some that feel like me we are going to die sometime I don't think we can decide when and where. I survived cancer , went through a blizzard have seen tornados so I figure I can survive this.:)

Omg the I think it's the end of the world:rolleyes:. If you listen the media. It's now in Ohio and people are not eating pork in fear of catching the flu:eek: One of my wife's employees was questioning her as to where we cruised, we just got back April 3, she was afraid we had been to Mexico and she might catch it from her. I know it's not a good thing but man give me a break. People are afraid to leave their homes. Am I making to little of it or are there some that feel like me we are going to die sometime I don't think we can decide when and where. I survived cancer , went through a blizzard have seen tornados so I figure I can survive this.:)

Whats a "swine flu"? :confused:

:D

Yeah, you can't spell "pandemic" without "panic," right? ;)

I agree that while this is a very serious matter, people are going a little nuts with their "precautions." I read this morning that Egypt has ordered all 300,000 of their pigs slaughtered, despite the fact there are no confirmed cases there. UK is ordering a ton of masks, and some countries are actually considering closing their borders to travel.

National precautions aside, it seems like everyone around me is ready to sound the air raid alarms and run for their underground bunker. Misinformation is spreading faster than the virus with regards to where and if confirmed cases were discovered.

It's way too stressful - good thing I'm cruising next week! ;)

i'm certainly sick of all the talk about it, but i can't help being amused by what i saw in Walgreens yesterday...

they had taken packages of surgical maskes, put one mask in a gallon size ziplock back and slapped a $1.99 sticker on it and had a huge pile at the checkout (nevermind that the virus is smaller than the size the masks protect against!)

also... the hand sanitizer isle was a desert

if nothing else, it's a small boost to the economy!

Nope, you're not alone at all!! I have stopped watching the news, and stopped reading the news updates on my phone, because the whole thing is too much to listen to 24/7. My son is having a birthday party on Sunday, and a parent just called and asked if I was going to cancel it due to "the outbreak"??

My son is having a birthday party on Sunday, and a parent just called and asked if I was going to cancel it due to "the outbreak"??

Oh, for Pete's sake! I hope she was referring to the pinata!

ETA: Wait a minute...the pinata custom originated in Mexico, right? EGAD! "No, Timmy! Put the stick down! Step away from the paper donkey and no one will get hurt!"

sign me up for this club too. It's all blown out of proportion

We were on the Conquest last week, one of the last ships into and out of Cozumel as I understand. (we feel fine, thank you for asking) ;)

I do think that some are going overboard (pardon the pun) I know one of the Major school districts here near us shut down until at least 5/11, because of 1 confirmed case, they shut down the whole district, 80,000 kids (with several smaller districts following suit) and some districts shutting down individule schools.

I think common sense is in order. (but some people dont know where to buy that) :rolleyes:

~~Ron~ I LOVE your flag in your sig, I snagged it!

(hugs) from Texas!

I think it depends on if you have a reason to worry. My Dad is 90 and doesnt think he could survive if he caught it.

True, I'm 51 and my health is not that great but I'm not going to hide. I'm not stupid think I will avoid Mexico for a while but they are reporting cases in the county next to us and that won't stop me from eating out or shoppng or living life in a normal fashion.

OMG! I am sick of this too. The CDC reports that over 200,000 people go to the hospital every year with the flu... in AMERICA. And an average of 36,000 of those die every year... in AMERICA. It's the flu people! If anything, the situation in Mexico as sad as it is, should be a wake-up call to Americans about the dangers of socialized medicine. Scientists are now saying that this particular flu is not even as bad as they originally thought...

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.story

But it does not seem to keep me from reading thread after thread about it. Its like a car wreck! Don't want to look - but just can't help it.

I don't even turn the news on, I'm watching a Armageddon now thats a real problem.:D

We are sailing on the Liberty May 30 and neighbors are harassing my wife about taking the "risk" of traveling and bringing the swine back and infecting the neighborhood. I can't believe the fear factor related to this.

No Im not sick of it, people are ill and a lot are concerned,we all should be sympathetic to those who are sick, however, like I just said in another thread, there is a young girl 2 miles down the road from us who has swine flu, she has not had to go to hospital , she is recovering at home after taking the correct medicine and is already recovering.She was diagnosed last Friday, so I think as long as you get the correct medine, its not much different to common flu. Its has been blown out of proportion by the media and has frightened people.

One thing all this has done is to scare the seniors. My mother (mid 70s- not the best of health- basicly homebound- has a caretaker who comes in 5 hours a day/5 days a week) asked me if she was in danger. She was serious, and scared. I just told her, that the caregiver should wash her hands upon arriving (as she does on a regular basis anyway) and that since she (my mother) does not really go anywhere, she has nothing to worry about. Bless the elders, who are truely worried due to the (excess) hype.

I agree, it is a serious issue, but the ones stockpiling Tamaflu, etc. are makeing it worse.

~one of the gals I work with was out 1/2 the day today because (I am being totally serious) her little boy, who is 4yrs old and stays with his grandmother while she works, "sneezed 3 times last night" so she rushed him to the doctor this morning. Give me a break!!

Archived