Am I the only one who is tired of all this swine flu talk.

frito58

I'm already working on our act, it's very timely with today's current events.

Some possible one-liners:

Stop hogging the the media with all these stories.

Swine flu...it's such a boar (bore).

Swine flu...at least it ain't SOWmanilla....

I got a million of um....:D

I guess you can say the media has gone.... HOG WILD...over the story!!!:p:D:D

Here! Here! Do you use rumruner flasks or empty out water bottles?:p

I am more of a "bubble wrap then stash in between the clothes" type of guy.

I believe that after all of this sorted out, they will trace the source of this swine flu to the "CHAIR HOGS" :D:D:D

so I figure I can survive this.:)
Unless you happen to die from it first.

Remember a few years ago people were saying the same thing about SARS, people were saying the same thing about that. people tired of hearing about sars. Unless you happen to be one of the people who got it and were laid up in a hospital in the caymans for a few weeks, then it is a different thing. When you know someone who almost died from it, then there is a different way to look at this.

This is a dicey one for me. Do I think people are overreacting. Yes. However....

The school where my brother teaches is closed for a week due to a confirmed case there, and a second school in the same district closed a day later due to another case. Many residents where I live have family in Mexico, and our Spring Break was over Easter so anyone who visited family south of the border got back around April 20th.

I'm sure there are areas of the country where the spread is much less likely, but here where I live, I am expecting many more cases and several more school closures - maybe even a district-wide closure. My son attends the district where the confirmed cases are, and I have a history of asthma/bronchitis. As a single mother with no health insurance, yes, this is a concern to me.

Oh, for Pete's sake! I hope she was referring to the pinata!

ETA: Wait a minute...the pinata custom originated in Mexico, right? EGAD! "No, Timmy! Put the stick down! Step away from the paper donkey and no one will get hurt!"

But what if it's a pig pinata? Wearing a surgical mask?

Unless you happen to die from it first.

Remember a few years ago people were saying the same thing about SARS, people were saying the same thing about that. people tired of hearing about sars. Unless you happen to be one of the people who got it and were laid up in a hospital in the caymans for a few weeks, then it is a different thing. When you know someone who almost died from it, then there is a different way to look at this.

Bob go read some facts. You compairing SARS and the SWINE FLU is like me compairing a skinned knee and a gun shot wound to the head.

Lay off the media coolaid!

Im sorry, but I found this absoulty Hysterical!

{taken from our local School district Website)

April 30, 2009

Health Expo Canceled

The Healthy You, Healthy Earth Expo scheduled for this Saturday, May 2 at the GISD Special Events Center has been canceled due to health concerns. We are making an effort to reschedule this event in the future.

I saw this too. Guess we are neighbors.

Just wanted to thank you all. This thread has been the best enterainment all week.

Bob go read some facts. You compairing SARS and the SWINE FLU is like me compairing a skinned knee and a gun shot wound to the head.

Lay off the media coolaid!

I have read facts, And I was not comparing anything. All I said was people were saying the same thing about Sars and how overblown it was.

As for you saying Lay off the media coolaid, really now is this the best you can do when someone says something you disagree with? I get better responses from the 10 year old kid who lives next door!

I get better responses from the 10 year old kid who lives next door!

Well continue to hang out with your neighbor friend. There is hope you might learn something from him yet. If you think SARS and H1N1 are any where close you must have it and not thinking straight.

Well continue to hang out with your neighbor friend. There is hope you might learn something from him yet. If you think SARS and H1N1 are any where close you must have it and not thinking straight.

Please show me where i said they were the same thing?

All I did was say that people were saying they were getting tired of hearing about sars just like people are getting tired about hearing about this swine flu!

I would recommend that you read and respond to what I said, and not what you think I said! You have done it twice now, and In a real debate you would be losing points for your inaccuracies. I must say it is getting easier and easier to dissect your post!

Am I the only one that thinks "swine flue" actually sounds better than "Hiney flu"?? :D :p ;)

You KNOW H1N1 is going to get condensed down to something......;)

I believe that after all of this sorted out, they will trace the source of this swine flu to the "CHAIR HOGS" :D:D:D

LOL! Exactly. Instead of leaving a towel or a shoe or an orange to save their chair, they leave the microscopic virus and dare anyone to take "their" chair! :eek:

Archived