RSSC Navigator Cabin 600

Hi All

Am new to this site

Have sailed the Navigator in 2007 Mediterranean on H category. Absolutely loved everything about the ship. No complaints about anything. Have now got the opportunity to visit the Navigator again in October. Only problem is our favourite room and floor H level is all taken and our next option is F deluxe suite. I did notice a slight vibration at the aft of the ship a few times but it did not worry us at all otherwise. There is one Cat F at the absolute front of the ship. Everyone says DONT TAKE ANY OF THE AFT CABINS due to vibration. Should we take Cabin 600 at front on level 6 or maybe go up another notch to E delux suites and go midship where no movement or vibration is felt.

Thank you very much for any replies

I'm looking at the deck plan, and that suite looks lovely and large, but I don't see a balcony. Is this true that it doesn't have one?

If so, I'd go up to deck 7. Otherwise, I'd be intrigued by the bow cabin, it would be worth a try.

Jim:

It's a little worse than just picture windows, because the windows don't overlook the sea directly. Instead, they directly overlook a walkway about 15' wide that is used by the crew. There can be some anchor and mechanical noise, but no vibration. One choses suite 600 for size and freedom from vibration -- not for view.

600 and 601 are large suites. 601 has a balcony; 600 doesn't. To answer your question, we were in 601 and it was a delightfully large suite, but the only noise you heard was the anchor. If this doesn't bother you early in the AM, go for it. Otherwise, go mid-ship. Yes, aft does vibrate.

Yes that is true Richard. I forgot to say that.

A few people commented that you may want to be careful and have your drapes closed

just in case someone walks by.

On our March cruise I never saw anyone go out there. (except me to take a picture of the walk way).

The anchor is definitely heard!! There is no view and some vibration.

The suite is large, but I will not stay in 600 again--go for midship!;)

We are booked in 601 next year so I'm very interested in your experience in 600. Was the reason you didn't like it the noise of the anchor, or, was there something about the suite that you didn't care for?

Jackie - 601 is great - the layout is lovely. There is a balcony. The downside is if the ship anchors and tenders then you hear some noise - actually about 15 minutes worth depending on the dock or location while they lower the anchor. We heard it, and went back to sleep. We'd take that part of the ship again anytime.

Jackie - 601 is great - the layout is lovely. There is a balcony. The downside is if the ship anchors and tenders then you hear some noise - actually about 15 minutes worth depending on the dock or location while they lower the anchor. We heard it, and went back to sleep. We'd take that part of the ship again anytime.

Thanks Kathy -- I think I needed that affirmation about our decision:)

Hi Jackie! We are also booked in 601, I am happy to hear that you liked it. Could you please tell me if the sofa pulls out to a queen size bed, and if there is room for a roll away in the room? Thanks! Oh...one more thing, I have read that the air conditioning and plumbing are not quite up to par...your opinion?

Hi Jackie! We are also booked in 601, I am happy to hear that you liked it. Could you please tell me if the sofa pulls out to a queen size bed, and if there is room for a roll away in the room? Thanks! Oh...one more thing, I have read that the air conditioning and plumbing are not quite up to par...your opinion?

Hi -- this thread got a tiny bit confused. Chatkat has stayed in 601 and likes it. We won't be on that cruise until May, 2010. Hopefully she will read your post and answer your questions about the air conditioning and plumbing.

When is your cruise?

No, I did not stay in 601 - I have stayed in 603 - same side and next door. Over the years there has been a lot of info about the suite so when I checked in, I toured the room and made friends with the people next door.

I have also stayed in 623 and 724 - that is the best location on the ship. I have not experienced any problem with either to toilets or the air conditioning.

I have sailed cabin 601 many times. There are a number of previous threads about these cabins. The only difference between 600 and 601 is the lack of a balcony, whereas 601 has an oversized balcony. There are pro's and con's with these cabins. Motion is not a problem unless you hit very bad seas. Although it is far front, it is low enough that it rides well. The noise can be a problem,and not just with the anchor. Personally I can sleep through it, and if you are an early riser the clanging noise the last hour before coming into port shouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine sailing the med without a verandah, but that's a personal preference.

The pro to the cabin is size, size, size! These cabins are roughly 500 sq ft with a separate living area and bedroom. I actually prefer 601 to the more expensive suites above that get a lot of motion. I would suggest if you decide on another cabin go as midship and low as you can. On this ship, higher is not better.

I have had no problems with the air conditioning, in fact I've had to turn the thermostat way up it was so cold. I think there was a general problem with plumbing yesterday, but it was resolved quickly. The water was brown and sandy for a little while, but then flushed out of the system. I don't think it was limited to these cabins. The plans for the dry dock have everybody excited so by 2010 she should be an impressive vessel.

Hi -- this thread got a tiny bit confused. Chatkat has stayed in 601 and likes it. We won't be on that cruise until May, 2010. Hopefully she will read your post and answer your questions about the air conditioning and plumbing.

When is your cruise?

Oops...sorry...our cruise is Aug 7, 2009, Monte Carlo to Athens. I feel very lucky to have scored this cabin. When I booked it the agent couldn't believe that it was still available. I still would like info on the size of the pull out sofa and room for a roll away cot.

Archived