Port Charge Refunds

We are on the 5/11 Enchantment sailing that will now stay in Key West till 5PM instead of 2PM and has eliminated the Cozumel port. I was told by our TA that they are not giving refunds for port charges. I emailed RCI on Wednesday and have received no response. Does anyone else have information regarding this? It just seems logical that if you're not going to a port that you don't pay those port charges!

It is possible that they will give some onboard credit ($25 per person) in lieu of refund of port charges. The cruise line probably still had to pay the port charges as the port itself may not have closed them, they have willingly withdrawn that stop to protect you. Be glad they are looking out for your wellbeing and that they didn't cancel your vacation entirely.

With the ship staying longer in Key West the cost for that may eat up or even be higher than the port charges for Cozumel.

Port charges are not always refunded. I´ve missed many ports over the years for various reasons and only once been refunded port charges.

we've missed ports and haven't been compensated...(when cancelled during the cruise)..

when they took tortola off our last cruise, IIRC we got a whopping 12 bucks refunded to us....

port charges are not usually THAT much.....you can keep asking RCI but don't be surprised if they give nothing back......they can change itineraries at any time with no notice or compensation...(it's in the cruise contract)

We missed Key West ("windy") on RCI once and got nothing back. I wrote several letters to guest services and executives and they did absolutely no good. Only sailed on RCI once since then....

HAL gave us $100 for missing Nassau once, although I think it was more than port charge refund. RCI didn't even give us a free drink. (And other ships managed to dock in Key West at about the same time that day.)

Missed a port when on Carnival once we received $25.00 back. Had to leave Bermuda early because of bad weather once. Just missed Labdee in Janurary while on EOS because propeller was broke and received $100.00 per cabin back.

That was definitely not the port charges. That was Royal Caribbean giving you some compensation for missing Labadee. They didn't have to, but they did.

Archived