All things "Victory"

richbum

[quote name='CruisinCoach']I will be boarding two weeks from today. whoo hoo

Can anybody that has been onboard recently tell me what movies and concerts are playing on the outdoor screen?[/quote]

We were so BUSY with this itenerary (exursions on all 7 stops) that we never even had time to watch any movies on the big screen. :confused:

[quote name='beentravelin']Awsome! We were looking at a 14 day Celebrity cruise from San Juan over Christmas and New Year with only 3 sea days! It's on sale on several sites for $1999pp for a balcony. Plus I haven't sailed Celebrity yet. I want to sail on [B]all[/B] the major cruiselines at some point. Carnival is still my favorite so far but I really liked Disney too.[/quote]

I saw that one, but the dates don't work out for me at work. (We actually have a holiday shut down from 12/24 - 1/2 every year).

We are doing Victory again, but flying to SJ on 12/24 and coming back Monday, so it will be almost 12 days.

Your itenerary looks really nice.

I did the two week Christmas/New Year's cruise a few years ago with almost the same stops.

You'll have a great time. :)

[quote name='CruisinCoach']I will be boarding two weeks from today. whoo hoo

Can anybody that has been onboard recently tell me what movies and concerts are playing on the outdoor screen?[/quote]

Again, I apologize for not getting the Capers scanned in those couple of days I was back at work before getting the sack. Had I known I was getting fired that Friday, and that my scanner at home was dead, I would've been sure to have gotten that done. ;)

The only time I was ever even in the main pool area was on my way to the buffet, either in the morning or when we boarded after an excursion and were too starving to go to the cabin and wait for room service.

In my review, I state that most days, after we reboarded, we went to the cabin and had a shower and a nap, but we often ended up lying there watching a movie on tv. It seemed like the movie list for the big screen was often the movies that had been on in the cabin the day before, and since we were so tired every night, there was no incentive to even go up and check it out.

News on early morning, concerts between movies usually around 11:30 am.

SJ Embarkation night: 1:30 am Day the Earth Stood Still
St T Monday: 9:30 am, 9:00 pm, 1:00 am - Wall-E; 7:00 pm & 11:00 pm - Hancock
Dominica Tuesday: 9:30 am - Star Wars, the Clone Wars; 7:00 pm & 11:00 pm - The Duchess; 9:00 pm, 1:00 am - Ghost Town
Barbados Wednesday: no listing
St Lucia Thursday: 9:30 am - Beverly Hills Chihuahua; 7:00 pm & 11:00 pm - Sisterhood Traveling Pants; 9:00 pm, 1:00 am - Baby Mama
Antigua Friday: 9:30 am - Cheaper by the Dozen; 7:00 pm & 11:00 pm - Day the Earth Stood Still; 9:00 pm, 1:00 am - Get Smart
St Kitts Saturday: no listing

Even ignoring the fact that we were too tired for much of anything, the timing wasn't really good with late dinner. The 7 pm movie was when we were usually getting ready for dinner (yes, we "dress" for dinner every night, and it takes two females a while to get ready), the 9 pm movie starts before we finish dinner, and if I went to the the 11 pm movie, I'd probably fall asleep.

If I ever do this itinerary again, maybe I'll watch a movie on deck, as I probably won't be up early and off for an excursion by 8 or 9, but maybe I will.

TV/movies just aren't important enough to me. I'm not going to miss a single hour on one of those wonderful islands just because I stayed up late to watch a movie and didn't want to get up early. I can watch tv/movies every other day of my life! :p

Naturally, after I spent the time to type up the movie info, I finally (after a couple of hours of struggling with trying to download software for my old printer/scanner), got it to work with my old desktop.

I'm in the process of scanning the Capers now (it's very slow), and hope I can combine it all into a PDF file to post on Webshots.

Will let you know if/when that's available!

[quote name='welldone60']Since the ship leaves port a 10 pm, what time can you board? Also what dock does the Victory use?[/quote]

The ship docks at 7am, you will be able to board the ship anywhere between 11am & 1pm, depending on how well customs goes, we have sat on the shikp for hours waiting for the drug dogs to go down all the halls (and yes, they found drugs)

After you check in, you can leave the ship for the rest of the day, as long as you are back before muster.

I'll be sailing Southern Caribbean again in 9 months (thats way to long!!)

On our past Carnival cruise the waterslide was opened from noon to 5 pm on port days, but since the Carnival Victory has no sea days and departs from port usually at 5:00 or 6:00--does that mean the waterslide will never be opened after departure or do they have a different schedule to accomodate for this? :confused:

Also since there are no sea days is live music poolside on the Lido Deck offered?

Finally. Finally!! It's taken me HOURS using my old computer and transferring files back and forth to my laptop, and then when I uploaded them to Webshots, only about 2/3 came through, some were out of order, and I had to figure out which pages were missing and go back and re-scan.

Whew!

But here are the Capers, so all those questions about the timing of events/activities should be here.

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/572918464RVRimz[/URL]

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Finally. Finally!! It's taken me HOURS using my old computer and transferring files back and forth to my laptop, and then when I uploaded them to Webshots, only about 2/3 came through, some were out of order, and I had to figure out which pages were missing and go back and re-scan.

Whew!

But here are the Capers, so all those questions about the timing of events/activities should be here.

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/572918464RVRimz[/URL][/quote]
Thank You for all the hard work
sailorwife:)

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Finally. Finally!! It's taken me HOURS using my old computer and transferring files back and forth to my laptop, and then when I uploaded them to Webshots, only about 2/3 came through, some were out of order, and I had to figure out which pages were missing and go back and re-scan.

Whew!

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/572918464RVRimz[/URL][/quote]

:D Thank you NCTribeFan for taking the time to post your Victory Capers--this is really helpful!

You're welcome.

I realize that not everyone spends every waking minute OFF the ship on this itinerary, and also know that I hardly even looked at the Capers (maybe I would've had the right night for the PG Party if I had :o ).

Now to try to find that other site that posts Capers and see if I can upload them there so that if anyone does Google searches, they might be able to find them more easily than via Webshots.

Well, now I just feel silly. Was searching for the Capers site and came across an eBay ad SELLING the Capers from MY 5/17/09 sailing, with bidding starting at $14.99 (plus $5 shipping)!

Oh, but they have the shopping inserts in them, too!

They're also selling a "set of 3 Carnival Cruiseline Tumblers" which are 3 hot pink DOD glasses.

Now I've seen everything. :mad:

Please tell me no one is stupid enough that they would PAY for these things?

[quote name='NCTribeFan']In my review, I state that most days, after we reboarded, we went to the cabin and had a shower and a nap, but we often ended up lying there watching a movie on tv. It seemed like the movie list for the big screen was often the movies that had been on in the cabin the day before, and since we were so tired every night, there was no incentive to even go up and check it out.

Even ignoring the fact that we were too tired for much of anything, the timing wasn't really good with late dinner. The 7 pm movie was when we were usually getting ready for dinner (yes, we "dress" for dinner every night, and it takes two females a while to get ready), the 9 pm movie starts before we finish dinner, and if I went to the the 11 pm movie, I'd probably fall asleep.

TV/movies just aren't important enough to me. I'm not going to miss a single hour on one of those wonderful islands just because I stayed up late to watch a movie and didn't want to get up early. I can watch tv/movies every other day of my life! :p[/quote]

Ditto. Agree 100%.

Well, that's the whole point in having these "All Things ..." threads is to provide info for those folks who haven't sailed a particular ship, yet.

And I didn't save those Caper for nothing, after all! :D

I know people had asked before I sailed whether there were any days that they served Afternoon Tea, which normally occurs on sea days.

Apparently there WAS a tea time on the final day, at 3 pm. Wish I'd known that! But then, since we were probably not back on board until around that time, and would've headed straight to Lido deck for a late lunch, we probably wouldn't have gone anyway.

But there is an Afternoon Tea, for those who were curious.

Honestly, I don't think I looked at the Capers at all except to see what time we were docking the next morning and when we had to be back on board!

NCTribeFan- thank you so much for your hard work and invaluable information. These boards are truely amazing.

I have excursions planned in every port and have never missed an excursion due to watching a movie the night before. I just prefer a movie over a show in one of the theatres. Reminds me of the good ole drive-in movie days. To each his own.

Two weeks from now I will be in Dominica :D

[quote name='CruisinCoach']NCTribeFan- thank you so much for your hard work and invaluable information. These boards are truely amazing.

I have excursions planned in every port and have never missed an excursion due to watching a movie the night before. I just prefer a movie over a show in one of the theatres. Reminds me of the good ole drive-in movie days. To each his own.

Two weeks from now I will be in Dominica :D[/QUOTE]

Did someone say Dominica?
[img]http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/43967/2238585810105034209S600x600Q85.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/robert19684/Carnival%20Victory%205-10-2009/Carnival%20Victory%202/P5120192.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/robert19684/Carnival%20Victory%205-10-2009/Carnival%20Victory%202/Carnival%20Victory%203/100_6244.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/robert19684/Carnival%20Victory%205-10-2009/Carnival%20Victory%202/Carnival%20Victory%203/100_6252.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/robert19684/Carnival%20Victory%205-10-2009/Carnival%20Victory%202/Carnival%20Victory%203/P5160121.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/robert19684/Carnival%20Victory%205-10-2009/Carnival%20Victory%202/Carnival%20Victory%203/P5160116.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Honestly, I don't think I looked at the Capers at all except to see what time we were docking the next morning and when we had to be back on board![/quote]

Same here. I couldn't believe how busy we were on this itenerary!! :eek:

[quote name='holdon216']WOW!! Where in St Lucia did that happen. Hope she is OK. What did she do for it??[/QUOTE]

It happened on Choc Bay a couple of years ago. The only reason I bring it up now is that we just came off the Victory about 3 weeks ago and the people on the Cosol Tour weren't allowed in the water due to the amount of jellyfish in the water.

She said it was extremely painful. She is fine now but still has a few scars (more like hickies) from the tenticles.

We looked online and one website said pour beer on it! We tried this with no result. So then of course she pee'ed on it and that offered a little relief. We finally called the resort doctor who said drink the beer and try some benadryl cream which worked wonders. I guess that's why he's the doctor!