Read shore excursion description carefully.

Folks, when you are choosing a shore excursion, please check the level of physical requirements before you book.

We were very frustrated in Malta as the tour we booked was rated as "Strenuous" and people actually complained that the tour guide was walking too quickly. if you have had knee/hip surgery, have no fluid on your knee, walk with a cane, are not used to walking quickly, etc.....then PLEASE do not go an a tour rated "Strenuous". It slows the rest of us down and your complaining is out of order.

Beware of horseback riding if you don't ride regularly! (We went riding on our honeymoon--VERY bad choice!!! We couldn't walk or sit (or anything else) for days!)

LOL - I did notice on the bike ride the difference in seats - we have cruiser bikes at home with the wide seat and the mountain style bikes had the narrow saddles. :eek:

We took the Ensenada bike/winery tour a few years ago. My BIL was with us and obviously 250+lbs. The info at sign up said weight restriction of 220lbs I read all the info out loud, and he never even flinched. So I told him that once we submit the form its non refundable.

We were not 10 minutes into the ride when the guide had to stop everyone so he could go back and find my BIL. He was on the side of the road huffing & puffing. BIL ended up riding the backup ATV and the guide on the ATV had to ride BIL's bike.

I knew he was in no shape to make that ride, but he kept insisting that he could do it. I dont know if he was emabarassed or not but I was embarassed for him.

So when they have restrictions they are there for a reason.

Of course, there's the other way around. In Banff a couple of years ago, I signed up for a bike trip "along a flat path next to the river". I walk a lot and was fine so long as we were on the flat path next to the river. When we turned inland and started going up hills, I asked what happened to the "flat path" and was told where we were was flat to them. Fortunately, it was on the way back that I really had problems. However, the group got held up by a herd of elk - yes, a herd of elk standing on the bike path, so I caught up just fine. You all should have seen the excursion leader playing cowboy on her bike to disburse the herd.

Archived