Are these shoes good for the pool?

I hate my toes and don't like wearing open-toed shoes or sandals, so I was looking for something for the pool and came across these mules. Do you think they look like good pool shoes?

http://www.jessicalondon.com/clothing/Bijou-Whipstitched-Faux-Leather-Mules.aspx?PfId=128195&DeptId=10392&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

Sure- why not. I don't know if I'd want to spend $40 on pool shoes though because I feel like they always look a little gross and smell like chlorine after a visit or two to the pool, but maybe that is just me :)

If you like them and will feel comfortable in them though, that is the most important thing. Just make sure they aren't slippery once you get them so you don't end up hurting yourself on a wet surface/with wet feet.

I hate my toes and don't like wearing open-toed shoes or sandals, so I was looking for something for the pool and came across these mules. Do you think they look like good pool shoes?

http://www.jessicalondon.com/clothing/Bijou-Whipstitched-Faux-Leather-Mules.aspx?PfId=128195&DeptId=10392&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

They look cute !

And, the rubber soles are good for the wet surfaces.

BUT......

how about a pre-cruise pedicure

and then flip flops.

Most people aren't crazy about their feet.

I don't like my crooked little toes.

But, I do the pedicure (which is really all I CAN do),

and I do the flip flop ! :)

Yellow Box has amazingly cute AND comfortable flip flops !

Great quality, too.

Just a thought for you.

Have fun planning your cruise....

down to the smallest details ! :D

They're fine--and don't worry about your toes! But you DO need something on your feet, as the deck gets hot enough to blister even the toughest feet! Never walk barefoot on the open deck!

I think those are VERY cute. I myself cannot stand flip flops, that thing between the toes drives me crazy. I love the colors that your selection comes in and they look very comfortable. They would definitely be fine for by the pool.

I have to admit I'm a total sandal girl so I might be a little bias, but I think they are so much more comfortable and cooler than anything else by the pool. Your feet are going to be damp and a little swollen after being out in the heat for any amount of time so I would want to keep as open as possible. And come to think of it, I don't remember one toe after all the cruises and beach trips I have taken so don't worry about it! Be comfortable and have fun!

Those seem a tad expensive for just wearing around the pool.

Don't worry about your toes so much. No one will notice them. However, if you really feel you must cover your toes, try those cheap mesh Chinese slippers. They're cute and come in different colors.

I've seen them at dollar-store type places and all over Chinatown in NYC. I see you're from Chicago -- if you can get to your local Chinatown I'm sure you'll find lots of them there.

I wasn't planning to wear them IN the pool -- just for wearing and walking around the pool area when I'm wearing my bathing suit.

I think there's a Crocs store not too far from my office -- I may have to check them out.

I have a really hard time keeping flat slides on my feet -- I either need a small heel or flip flops so I can hold the sandal on with my toes. If the style works on your feet, I think it's cute and the colors are nice!

Hi,

Just thought I would add my two cents...

If you are uncomfortable wearing opened toed shoes-don't wear them. The shoes you posted look cute. :)

Also it has been my experience that the pools are not clorinated but are saltwater. The only clorine you will have to worry about is from the jaccuzi. Wipe your feet before you put them in your shoes..you should be fine!

Good luck,

Shawn

These are nice with good colour choices. Not an expensive shoe so are fine for the pool/beach. I'd get a couple of pairs so they matched my different colours of pool/beach wear.

IMHO they are much more preferable to crocs which make feet look huge and ugly. I did have a pair of crocs - saw a photograph of me in them and slung them in the bin.

I purchased those slides from Jessica London's last year. Be careful. I had to return them because they ran a size too small. They are not true to size, the back of the shoe is square and leaves about an inch of your heels hanging off the edge.

IMHO they are much more preferable to crocs which make feet look huge and ugly. I did have a pair of crocs - saw a photograph of me in them and slung them in the bin.

There are so many fashionable pairs of crocs. I personally like the way they look and how comfortable they are. I'm not speaking of the ugly "yard work" shoes but the ones pictured below which come in various colors.... Anyone else want to voice an opinion?? Neverthought

1203.jpg1174.jpg1205.jpg112.jpg

There are so many fashionable pairs of crocs. I personally like the way they look and how comfortable they are. I'm not speaking of the ugly "yard work" shoes but the ones pictured below which come in various colors.... Anyone else want to voice an opinion?? Neverthought

1203.jpg1174.jpg1205.jpg112.jpg

Those are Crocs? I had no idea they came in other styles! I always thought they just made those horrible clog styles! I actually like the red one pictured!

I love Lands' End's water shoes. They come in lots of pretty colors and are made for wearing on the beach or at the pool. They're well-made and comfortable, even for people like me who have flat feet.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.html?store=le&action=newSearch&search=water+shoes

http://www.landsend.com/ix/shoes/index.html?tab=9&seq=1&page=1&pageSize=12&store=le

They also have a "Croc-like" line called Trellos: http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.html?store=le&action=newSearch&search=trello

I love Lands' End's water shoes. They come in lots of pretty colors and are made for wearing on the beach or at the pool. They're well-made and comfortable, even for people like me who have flat feet.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.html?store=le&action=newSearch&search=water+shoes

http://www.landsend.com/ix/shoes/index.html?tab=9&seq=1&page=1&pageSize=12&store=le

They also have a "Croc-like" line called Trellos: http://www.landsend.com/ix/index.html?store=le&action=newSearch&search=trello

Oh I forgot about those- they are great! I spent a summer selling shoes at sears (no comments from the peanut gallery ;)) and people loved them. We always ran out of stock of the popular sizes, which is a good sign, especially since we were very well stocked with lands end stuff. They are so much cuter than the water shoes I used to wear as a kid, and just as functional.

neverthought - I thought that was the point of these boards, that one could voice their opinion :confused: ??

I wasn't being rude to you, I did say IMHO ..... so coming back with a "Anyone else want to voice an opinion ??" is a tad on the aggressive/defensive side.

You have your opinion of what's fashionable and I have mine, let's leave it at that.

Have a nice day.

neverthought - I thought that was the point of these boards, that one could voice their opinion :confused: ??

I wasn't being rude to you, I did say IMHO ..... so coming back with a "Anyone else want to voice an opinion ??" is a tad on the aggressive/defensive side.

You have your opinion of what's fashionable and I have mine, let's leave it at that.

Have a nice day.

Judi2112,

Sorry you took my post as aggressive/defensive. That was not my intention. I was just showing other styles of the shoe and asking for "anyone else's opinion". I wasn't being rude to you just asking for other's opinion. All opinions are welcomed, not just those who may agree...and fashionable is in the eye of beholder and or the wearer. As you stated, what you like, you like and what I like, I like. Differences are what make the world interesting. Please don't take offense. You have a great day, and enjoy cruising.

Neverthought

They are really cute. I personally can't wear Crocs, around the pool I find them just a bit slippery.

Judi2112,

Sorry you took my post as aggressive/defensive. That was not my intention. I was just showing other styles of the shoe and asking for "anyone else's opinion". I wasn't being rude to you just asking for other's opinion. All opinions are welcomed, not just those who may agree...and fashionable is in the eye of beholder and or the wearer. As you stated, what you like, you like and what I like, I like. Differences are what make the world interesting. Please don't take offense. You have a great day, and enjoy cruising.

Neverthought

Thank you, apologies for my "grumpiness" this morning I must have got out the wrong side of the bed.

Have a nice day. Hopefully your weather is much better than the rain and wind we have here.

Archived