How many would like a pacific northwest cruise throughout the year?

I'd really like to see a regular itinerary throughout the year that routed up and down the west coast too. Would be great to have more opportunities to configure a cruise and stay vacation.

However, being the cheapo that I am, for me, it'd have to be fairly competitively priced because I'd be weighing it against a road trip to Oregon or a cheap flight to Las Vegas or southern California. The experiences are obviously different but total spend is still a consideration.

Weather is probably a pitfall for making this work year-round since it gets pretty wet in the northwest during late fall/winter.

I don't see a single NO.....as of yet.

I would love to see Royal Caribbean alternate between the Mexican Riviera and the Pacific Northwest. I think that if they could alternate......and do 3 Mexican Riviera and then 1 Pacific Northwest, and in August and September do ALL Pacific Northwest.........when the weather is the best, they might be able to do a better job of filling the Mariner of the Seas.

JMHO!!:D;)

Rick

Would definitely book a cruise up the west coast. We would have booked the "rescheduled" cruise leaving in June, but that time didn't work for us. If the swine-flu-thing had extended the Mariner's rescheduling through July, we would have booked it for sure (but that doesn't mean I wish the swine-flu-thing was worse ...);)

Live in Fla, but if air fares were right, we would check it out. Realize that a lot of people would love our location, Eastern & Western Carib get old unless, Roaratan or Belize pop up.

Well, I think the Mariner and Splendor brought us luck today. The rain stopped. We had a couple of storms move thru the last few days with winds and rain, but today was good. It was overcast, but there were a few sun breaks. May and June can be so fickle. The weekend is supposed to be in 60's and sunny. So happy to see that so many of you enjoy the beauty of the PNW. We would love to have you visit anytime.

Pacific Northwest sailings should be planned starting in the late spring, and concluding in the first week of October. The fall, winter and spring should just be Mexican Riviera!

Rick

We did our first PNW the last week of March (2002) and it was GREAT! We're going again, this year ... on the Mercury. ~ L

Seasonal (late spring, summer, and early fall) would be fine. My husband and I work for a university and many of the repositioning cruises in the spring and fall conflict with our work schedules (our employer would not be too happy if we took a cruise during final exams;)). Something during June or July would be just fine.

Anne:)

Although we do feel sorry for those who were unable to make their Mexico cruise, we'd love this itinerary :)

We've done one repo to date and would love to cruise north again. Of course, I'd like it even better if we just got off in Vancouver and stayed there a few days. Let's see, San Francisco, Astoria, Seattle, Vancouver Island (Victoria or even get out of town ;)) and ending up in Vancouver, perfect.

Personally, living on the West Coast we would love it if RCCL or another cruise line would continue to do the West coast sailing up to Victoria and back to LA throughout the year or at least more often than it is usuallly done which is northbound in May and southbound in September due to repositioning of the ships.

Round trip LA is great and I am so glad I can take advantage of this unusual change in itinerary.

wondering if others also like it!

Yep, I do. Count me in! Many of us West Coasters are tired of the Mex. Riv. We need something new & different! ;)

ABSOLUTELY! :D

I booked the June 14 cruise for two reasons: 1) the unique opportunity to sail on a different itinerary and 2) it was a great deal, with emphasis on the first reason.

I've been to Mexico plenty of times and will go again, but having a different choice out of Los Angeles even part of the year would bring me onboard more often.

Yep, I do. Count me in! Many of us West Coasters are tired of the Mex. Riv. We need something new & different! ;)

I'll second that, seeing the west coast ports would be great alternative to Mexico.

We would love it too. We do quite a few Mexico cruises, since we can drive to the port in 30 minutes, but they are getting boring. A Pacific Northwest cruise in the summer would be perfect for us.

As bad as I feel for the people who had planned a Mexican Riviera cruise, I was thrilled to be able to sign up for the Mariner on May 24 to go to San Francisco, Seattle, and Victoria. How about doing a 10 day cruise with overnights in one or 2 of the ports? Being from Southern California, we don't get much variety of cruises without having to fly. Really looking forward to this trip.

Crusingsfun

My wife and I were on the 9 day wine cruise last October on Century Mercury. Loved it!

The highlight was 2 weekend days in San Francisco.

Other stops were Victoria, Astoria, Seattle and Monterey. Vancouver was our departure city.

Were scheduled to go on Mariner in October however this time it is with our children. I'm hoping that the flu situation does resolve itself so we can go to Mexico (never have been) however.

I would love to see a ship continue to do this pacific coastal cruise. it would be even nicer if they added at least one more port along the coast.

if i had more time to take off from work this year i would be on a mariner in a heartbeat.

Archived