1A vrs standard inside

dwing18

We had 2 1A rooms on our last cruise. Mom was in one, and my sister and I the other - we booked those rooms since they were the cheapest and had the lowest single supplement.

For one, I think it will be fine for you, especially if you like a dark room to sleep in!! Mom definitely had enough room for her things.

My sister and I were a bit more cramped, and the bunk beds weren't ideal, but it was the difference between cruising and not so we still had fun!

I have a 1A (2211) booked on the Liberty for my solo cruise in October and I'm super excited about it! 2211 is one of the few 1As with portholes. For me, since I was able to get the 1A with portholes, a 4A never even crossed my mind!

It is kind of impossible to compare a 1A to a standard 4A because there is no such thing as a standard 1A.

Some are little bigger then closets, some the same size as a regular 4a. (check out 6393 on the Conquest for instance). Some are outside some are inside.

I was in this particular cabin on the Liberty. It was actually a roomy cabin. I liked it better than a 4A I'd been in on another ship which was pretty much all bed. It's right next to the laundry room if that makes any difference to you. (I never heard any noise from the actual laundry room). More than adequate closet storage as well as lots of shelves in the bathroom.

2935676480102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

2694880320102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

2413404180102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

2703779170102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for your replies

BSQ- Is there any way to push 2 beds together in this cabin??

although there was plenty of floor space, no. It's an upper/lower. The bed in the picture is all that was in the cabin. There was an upper bunk in the ceiling.

1A's do not have two beds that can be put together. there are basically three types: Those on the older ships (Fantasy class and Holiday) with one upper and one lower bunk; Cabins on any ship that is irregular in shape so that the two beds cannot be put together (some may be listed as 4A with that stipulation); cabins with one bed and one convertible couch. EM

Not true. 1A's can and do have twins that can be put together. 6393, 7345 and 8357 on Valor, Freedom and i thought Liberty all have twins that can be pushed together. I investigated this on Valor and Freedom. I assumed Liberty is the same. The bunk in the ceiling is unusable.

Not true. 1A's can and do have twins that can be put together. 6393, 7345 and 8357 on Valor, Freedom and i thought Liberty all have twins that can be pushed together. I investigated this on Valor and Freedom. I assumed Liberty is the same. The bunk in the ceiling is unusable.

6393- says 2 twins

7345- says 1 twin and 1 upper

8357- says 1 twin and 1 upper

I've booked my first 1A on Inspiration in August. It's a quick 4 day and I'm very close to the port. I usually go on the 7 day with a balcony. I'm wonder how I'll fare in this inside room. Only way to know is to go! Only Legend and Inspiration out of Tampa and neither have the porthole cabins.

Spirit class 1a have to beds on the floor that can be pushed together .Look at the pic in my signiture line 1249 on the legend also 2217 and 2211 on the liberty they use the bed and the sofa to make a king i had 2217 this past Feb also had the two portholes nice room

I visually inspected 7345 and 8357 on my last Freedom cruise. They both have 2 I repeat 2 twins on the floor. Dont believe everything you read or the PVP's. I also talked to a gentleman in 7345 on the Valor and he verified 2 twins pushed together. I have been in 6393 on Valor and Freedom and they definitely have 2 twin beds.

On the Liberty,

How can i verify if #8357 is 2 twins or 1 upper and lower.

I am 6'5" and a need 2 beds together

thanks

as previously stated. I stayed in 8357 on the Liberty. it is an upper/lower. There is one xl twin bed on the floor. The pictures I posted are the actual cabin.

You can further verify this by looking at the deck plans for the Liberty on the Carnival website. 1A's are upper/lowers UNLESS they have a symbol next to the room number ... for an example of this look at the 1A's on the main deck with porthole or sofa bed designations.

The white space on the deck plan next to cabin 8357 is the laundry room.

Not true again about the symbols on the carnival website. 6393 and 7345 have no symbols in them and they have 2 twins. And 8357 is colored incorrectly on Freedom even though it is priced at a 1A price. If the gentleman says he stayed in 8357 and it had only one bed he must be correct but it seems odd the ship that came before Liberty and the one after has 2 twins.

as previously stated. I stayed in 8357 on the Liberty. it is an upper/lower. There is one xl twin bed on the floor. The pictures I posted are the actual cabin.

You can further verify this by looking at the deck plans for the Liberty on the Carnival website. 1A's are upper/lowers UNLESS they have a symbol next to the room number ... for an example of this look at the 1A's on the main deck with porthole or sofa bed designations.

The white space on the deck plan next to cabin 8357 is the laundry room.

Iv gotten the impression on the Conquest that those cabins now have two twins. They do still have the upper in the ceiling that isnt used. They USED to have upper and lower, but on the Conquest, Iv confirmed this is changed within the last year.

Not true again about the symbols on the carnival website. 6393 and 7345 have no symbols in them and they have 2 twins. And 8357 is colored incorrectly on Freedom even though it is priced at a 1A price. If the gentleman says he stayed in 8357 and it had only one bed he must be correct but it seems odd the ship that came before Liberty and the one after has 2 twins.

He didnt say how long ago he stayed in that cabin, so Id say it might or might not be the way it was when he was in that cabin.

last july. but go ahead and argue amongst yourselves. I've posted my experience for the OP, he can do with the information what he wishes.

OK thanks. I did say I only knew about the Conquest, not your ship. So, appreciate any info.

Archived