Laundry bag special. How many bags?

We are planning for our upcoming 14 day cruise on the Jade.

We plan to pack light and take advantage of the weekly laundry bag specials.

I searched and cannot find an answer to the following question.

For example, if you have 3 people in a cabin, can you get three bags at the special price?

Latitudes Gold get a 25% discount, Platinum get it free. Is there a limit?

Thanks

We are planning for our upcoming 14 day cruise on the Jade.

We plan to pack light and take advantage of the weekly laundry bag specials.

I searched and cannot find an answer to the following question.

For example, if you have 3 people in a cabin, can you get three bags at the special price?

Latitudes Gold get a 25% discount, Platinum get it free. Is there a limit?

Thanks

Just off the Spirit, one pretty large bag, $24.99; last time we used it the price was $19.99. It's been a fairly good deal for us on the 10 days, but for this 7 day they would not return until Wednesday night, and we disembarked on Friday morning.

On the Sky with a 4 day itinerary they put one bag in each cabin, all you could fit in the bag for 24.99 (just wash and fold, no special handling items). I was able to cram about $130 worth of laundry in the bag by rolling the clothes tightly. I didn't think to ask if there was a limit on the number of bags per cabin.

I nerver asked if we could have more than one bag... as the two of us only could fill one bag. It held a lot. I did see our neighbor stack a jacket on top of the bag, and they took it like that. Nancy

Just off the Pearl on the 14 day reposition from the Carib to Alaska

The deal was $24.95 for all the laundry you can stuff into the bag. The bag will hold about a washer load. Not cheap, but well worth having some things cleaned. Plus they iron and fold. :D Believe me I STUFFED the bag, and they took it without a squabble.

Be sure to print LATITUDES and your Latitudes number on the laundry slip AND the bag itself. This will earn you a 10% discount.:D

Well shoot. I didin't know about the Latitudes discount on top of the $24.95 special. We did special one time during our 14-night sailing on the Sun last month. The clothes were to be returned by noon the next day. When they didn't arrive two days, later, we called the front desk and someone brought them up within 20 minutes. They were neatly folded, delivered in a wicker basket with tissue paper. Very nicely done. I managed to get 37 pieces of clothing in the bag by rolling. Stopped when the bag started to rip a little at the top. Jeans and turtlencks took up the most space. Wouldn't hesitate to do the service again. On the 14 day, the special was offered three times or four times. There was also a pressing only special using the same paper bag. I think it was $19.95 but I heard one woman complaining to no end that she couldn't believe her items were not returned to her on hangers.

We are taking the 14-day Western Mediterranean on the Jade next month. Can you tell me when you received the bag? Was it in your room day of embarkation? How many times throughout the cruise did you get a bag? How many days before you got your clean laundry back? Since it will be summer, we won't be able to repeat much clothing-wise, so would be nice if we can get our clothes laundered once or twice instead of packing a boat-load, pardon the pun, or having to sink-wash. Thanks.

There were four opportunities for the $24.95 special though they were more frequent during the second week of the cruise and not the first week. The first week they only offered the pressing only special and one laundry special toward the end of the week. Again, this was on the 14-night Sun South American cruise. I thought it was well worth it and even took pictures because the way the laundry was returned was really cool with the wicker basket and tissue paper, all wrapped up like a present.

OP you can have more than one bag for the special. I was going to say just ask for it be we never actually had to. We always had two bags when we took advantage of the laundry special. I think the only time we haven't used it was our last cruise which was last Oct. Worse comes to worse, ask your room steward.

• 3 weeks later...
How long did you wait for your clean laundry? Thanks.

Another question -- Is it safe to send expensive clothing via the laundry special (will they get ruined or shrunk), or should they be sent down individually during the week. If sent w/o the special, any idea on pricing? Thanks.

Laundry prices are relative to how much is sent, except for the bag special. I usually send several items, say two days worth for less than $25 on the first sea day at sea. I am able to put twice as much in the bag for $25 midweek with the special. The grand total of $50 is less than half what I would pay to check in a bag at an airline....

While no one likes to pay to have laundry done, cleaners earn a living throughout America. It either pay them a little or pay much more to an airline.

If one cannot get a few days of clothes into the bag, ask a steward for another one. Its a good deal really.....

I don't take anything on vacation that requires special handling ("dry clean only"; or "cool water wash"). Most everything is your basic "wash and wear", so if it should get ruined, well...stuff happens.

But my husband did take a costume that he wore, and needed cleaned for another time (during the same 12 day cruise) when he would wear it again..

and it was sent special -- apart from the regular $25/bag special -- and came back perfectly cleaned, ironed, starched, whatever, for a very reasonable price. I couldn't do it as well at home.

So if you have special items, they'll be well taken care of, if you indicate exactly what you need done with them.

But again..most everything we take on vacation is wash and wear, and so I don't really pay attention to how it gets rolled and tucked into the bag.

I'm not doing laundry on vacation! I'd rather not go on an excursion than do my own laundry, or have wet clothes hanging around the cabin.

Archived