~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hi Annette, yup still here. I got my DSIL to post but not sure which Spirit thread she has booked under.

Unfortunatley I have a seminar this morning so I will try and lead her to this one this after noon.

Her user name is Calgaryflamesfan or something close to that.

DH and DS did a 1/2 marathon this past weekend so not much time for anythign. Will catch up on posts later.

Have a good one all!!!!

She is under the group thread, I wondered when I saw it if it was her. Great to have her along!

Thanks Annette. Today was fun. Jacobs a bundle of energy. We just finished dinner and he went out back to play.

Beautiful picture above. I can't wait to take my own pictures :D I'll have to buy a new digital camera. My daughter took mine to Disney World in March and now it won't work. She said she didn't do anything to it, my oldeat daughter who was with her said she spilled something on it. :confused:

I kind of just borrow pics where ever I can find them since I don't have any of my own of Alaska yet. But on the most part I do ask permission. SHHHHHH...it's a secert! We need to get some of the new people in the group who have been to Alaska before to share some pics with us!

We are not telling anyone but my son-in-law is kind of an artist.....starving artist (has to have a regular job too) but he takes professional pictures on the side. He has done a few weddings and such as well as kid pic. So, hopefully he will take the pics and I will be able to do a cd for us all after the cruise. You would not believe the one he did for my daughter's 30 BD and my grandson's 1st BD. Had us all crying!

He also does painting, he does an art show once a year with the Roanoke Downtown art group. It is always the first weekend in June. They are doing a wedding this weekend so guess who gets to babysit Sat. night!

I kind of just borrow pics where ever I can find them since I don't have any of my own of Alaska yet. But on the most part I do ask permission. SHHHHHH...it's a secert! We need to get some of the new people in the group who have been to Alaska before to share some pics with us!

ive got some great pics on my computer at the house....I took an airplane ride over the glacier and all the ships docked in port.....it is so beautiful up there...I wont be home until jul 31st, I will post them then...

I know I speak for everyone when I say - we look forward to seeing them. Someone on our group thread asked about activities onboard. Since it is not a sun type cruise? Any insite there you would like to share?

Wow, not home until July 31st!

I will ask the group returning this weekend for copies of capers. I am sure it is the usually stuff. But, I guess no hairy chest thing with it being Alaska! I missed that on my last cruise anyway! Did play big dice that was kind of interesting. Let me know how much I didn't know. :eek:

That's why we need to do our Trivia game. Kathi left us a question on the group thread!

Morning all!

Join us! Only a couple weeks left of the $25 extended Deposit. Great pricing and a Great Group going to ALaska on May 11, 2010!

To book this cruise contact Johna at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609. Please be sure to clearly mention that you are INTERESTED IN BOOKING THE CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE ABOARD THIS SAILING.

Good Morning. A 2nd day of NO rain, well for now. Its moving in tonight. The pollen is back in full force so it will be welcome.

I bet those are beautiful pictures Royd! Can't wait to see them.

I think when it comes to choosing excursions, I will have a hard time choosing. I've skimmed the list of a few ports and its going to be a hard choice. Since I hate to fly, anything of that sorts is out!!!

Good Morning. A 2nd day of NO rain, well for now. Its moving in tonight. The pollen is back in full force so it will be welcome.

I think when it comes to choosing excursions, I will have a hard time choosing. I've skimmed the list of a few ports and its going to be a hard choice. Since I hate to fly, anything of that sorts is out!!!

Me too, I think I will be enjoying from the land! I really like the idea of the renting a car and driving in....just scares me a little about being late getting back when you don't knw where you are going.

:eek: Thats beautiful Annette!!! Would make a nice desktop picture. We thought about renting a car at 1 of the ports. We wanted to just drive and look around and get some great shots.

Also thinking of doing the train. I forget the name and all that but I can find it again. That would be a FUN day! My kind of excursion LOL.

Off to Wal Mart. Not to work tho. Taking the grandson there. Need a few things and hes always happy to go anywhere. Since Dans not going to be home for dinner, me and Jacob are going to the steak house :D

I know I speak for everyone when I say - we look forward to seeing them. Someone on our group thread asked about activities onboard. Since it is not a sun type cruise? Any insite there you would like to share?

Wow, not home until July 31st!

I will ask the group returning this weekend for copies of capers. I am sure it is the usually stuff. But, I guess no hairy chest thing with it being Alaska! I missed that on my last cruise anyway! Did play big dice that was kind of interesting. Let me know how much I didn't know. :eek:

That's why we need to do our Trivia game. Kathi left us a question on the group thread!

Morning all!

well, I guess everything depends on whether the spirit has the roof on the lido deck...if so, which I heard it does, this cruise will be way better than my previous alaskan cruises. ncl ships didnt have the roof, and the lido pool was completely useless... but the hot tubs were filled with people all the time...it wasnt cold the entire way up, but way too chilly to swim.... there were plenty of activities going on to keep us entertained....in fact, I believe there was a hairy chest thing... I think our cruise director even made the joke that since we were heading to alaska that it would be open to women also...lol!! I went to seward alaska when I was in the navy....there were some very tough women there, so I dont think he was too far off base...

..I dont remember being bored until around 10 pm, when for some reason, everyone decided to go to bed.....I believe it was because everyone wanted to be rested for their excursions....well, if I book an excursion, I gurantee you, there will be a motor vehicle involved, so i wont be needing to be in bed that early..

im not real big on flying either, which is exactly why this cruise works perfect for me.....you would have been a nervous wreck on that flight I took in alaska. the plane could easily have been described as antique...it felt like a tin can with wings and the pilot looked like flying was a part time gig when he was off of his mining for gold regular job. but it went great....there were much nicer planes being used, thats actually fun to watch them take off and land from your balcony. if you are so lucky as to have booked one..they land right on the water very near the ships.....if you even slightly like anything dealing with nature, you will feel like you are in heaven while in alaska......just things like seeing the whales, killer whales, and other critters swimming around the ship sent everyone into a frenzy for a photo op....it was very cool...

That is so GREAT to hear. I think most people so far have opted for balcony. The more I hear about Alaska the harder it is going to be to wait! I was looking at the float tours out of Skagway earlier....they looked neat. I heard the announcer is really great about announcing things he sees. But on other ships you do not hear the announcements in the cabins, do they have the speakers in the cabins on in the Alaska tours or not?

I'm with ya, the more I hear, the more ready I am to go! This is going to be so exciting.

I am so glad I listened to Dan and booked a balcony. I am so nosey, I was afraid I would miss something.

Ummm, I would of so passed on that old sounding airplane :eek:

I'm with ya, the more I hear, the more ready I am to go! This is going to be so exciting.

I am so glad I listened to Dan and booked a balcony. I am so nosey, I was afraid I would miss something.

Ummm, I would of so passed on that old sounding airplane :eek:

it was a bummer...I spent all morning watching the planes take off and land, and thought how fun it would be...all the planes I saw were real nice looking....I had no intention of actually doing it....I was just gonna stumble into town and check things out...but right off the ship there was a booth offering those tours.....my dad living vicariously through me decided I should do it....I "assumed" It would be on one of those nice new looking planes.......not so much

Hey, you are still here to tell us about it! And it sounds like you got some wonderful pictures - can't wait to see them. Do you know who the tour was with.... we may want to avoid it!

I dont remember the exact name, but if ya see something like rent a wreck sightseeing airplane tours, I would stay clear

I dont remember the exact name, but if ya see something like rent a wreck sightseeing airplane tours, I would stay clear

:eek: If that the name, or even close, theres no way :eek:

Just got done watching idol. All I can say is :mad: :(

Not sure who watches it and son't wanna spoil it if anyone sees it aired at a different time/day.

Just got off the phone with my SIL. She said they did the train in Skagway. She said they did the white pass summit. Said it was fun and well worth it.

Archived