~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

add away!!!!

Ready to add....need your first name though.....:rolleyes:

My husband was sitting here and saw your avatar. He commented that you must be okay if you like Jack. He made us drive off course years ago to visit the Jack Daniels Distillery. If turned out to be a great tour.

Ready to add....need your first name though.....:rolleyes:

My husband was sitting here and saw your avatar. He commented that you must be okay if you like Jack. He made us drive off course years ago to visit the Jack Daniels Distillery. If turned out to be a great tour.

I see that sign for that tour every time I drive through tennessee, Ive always wanted to take that tour, jack has been a good friend over the years.... by, the way, my name is roy....last name starts with a D...born in 1968......I.E. royd1968.....lol!!!!

Home from work and Tired! It was a busy night.

I laughed at the room service/cheese plates. That would be so funny.

I can't wait to see the Spirit in real life. Its going to be awesome!

i had room service down pat on the splendor....id call from the bar, have it delivered to the room and tell them there was 5 bucks on the counter for them.....great service every time...

So, I guess we will be needing those Burbon and Rum balls to go with the Fruit and Cheese! Let's see if I make extra at Christmas and give them an extra shot around Easter - they will be good and aged by May 11, 2010.

Do the suites have concierge service? When we were on the Disney, one of the message board members had a one bedroom suite which also came with concierge service. They called before our wine tasting and the concierge set up cheese, crackers, fruit, wine glasses, ice buckets...the whole nine yards. We decided to set up one of the wine buckets for tips and he ended up with over $150.

So, I guess we will be needing those Burbon and Rum balls to go with the Fruit and Cheese! Let's see if I make extra at Christmas and give them an extra shot around Easter - they will be good and aged by May 11, 2010.

hmmm? think that sounds good...cant say Ive tried anything like that

Gosh, never had rum ball.....it is a round cookie or candy covered with chocolate or white chocolate. The cookie/cracker/nut mixture is soaked in rum, burbon, Kahula, Malibu...whatever for several days before rolling and sealing with the coating. The coating keeps the spirits in........You can boost them by shooting them with more spirits as they age. I generally add coconut to the Malibu ones. Use oreao witht eh Baily ones, etc. Like a one bite rum cake! I usually make them at Christmas and give as gifts. I will have to take suggestions to flavors later. The Ketucky Kernals generally are coated in power sugar so they do not have to age as long!

Everybody needs to check out these photos. We won't be in Vancouver but maybe a another trip! WOW......WOW!

Wow, I just finished reading his review ... We need to check out that whale watching tour he mentioned on page 3. It sounds wonderful!

I hope one of the reviews will post capers.

I checked it out and they leave at 9:30 and return at 1:00 - so it will work with when we are in port but not really leave anytime for much else - we have to be back on the ship by 2:30. Too bad they don't leave an hour or so early. I will probably e-mail them and see it they think there will be in time changes with the Spirit's change of times in ports. They give a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more.

Well we are back :(

Hope everyone missed us :D

We had an awesome time- even tho the ship had a fire :eek::eek::eek:

Have to unpack and download my camera and then I will post a link to my pictures.

Also stepson said he called Johna last week and left her a message and then tried to call her 4 more times this week and said hes never been able to get ahold of her to get this cruise booked.

Well we are back :(

Hope everyone missed us :D WE MISSED YOU!

We had an awesome time- even tho the ship had a fire :eek::eek::eek: WHAT ABOUT A FIRE! Any damage? Did they make you evuacate?

Have to unpack and download my camera and then I will post a link to my pictures.

Also stepson said he called Johna last week and left her a message and then tried to call her 4 more times this week and said hes never been able to get ahold of her to get this cruise booked.

I spoke to her Friday, he or you can e-mail her and tell her to call him; she is geneally real good about getting back to you. I am suppose to e-mail her back on Monday. I will put in a note about him calling in it. What is his first name so I can mention it.

WELCOME BACK!

I saw his whale pictures this morning. That made my mind up...Whale watching tour! Those pictures are so amazing.

I am leaning toward Whale's in Juneau and the Rental van in Skagway.

His name is Justin and wife is Samantha.

The battery room caught on fire and there was black smoke everywhere and it smelled sooooooooooooo bad for about 10 hours. It was an electrical fire :eek: They got it under control so we didnt have to evacuate.

I am glad you are OK! And hope that smoke didn't get into your belonging. Was it moving? Did you have to stop?

Someone returned from ALASKA on the SPIRIT, I put the links on some previous posts and the pictures are out of the is world. They have several of Vancovouver which we are not doing. But the other pics make me want to leave right now. Cheri and I - think are sold on whale watching.

Welcome back again..... I took off Friday to finally get on my unpacking done and the suitcases put in the shed. I even did a little gardening, planted flowers and dug weeds.

Can't wait to see some pictures? Glad you had a good time! How did you think the food compared? Welcome back to the real word!

It was still moving but it slowed down for awhile.

I took over 4000 pictures so I will upload some of the best ones tonight after dinner. We got to see a full rainbow over the ocean during dinner- was awesome.

I won $828 dollars on the penny slot machines for the week :eek::D

Here is a funny but really gross thing that happened- we were on the top deck on the tender back to the ship at Half Moon Cay. The cruise director and assistant cruise director were right next to us. Some lady had got totally wasted at Half Moon Cay and she started to throw up. The asst. cruise director grabbed a cup and she threw up most of it in there. Then she took the cup and dumped it over the side of the tender boat- she didnt realize that the bottom part of the tender sticks out about a foot and it went all over the people on the bottom deck below. They didnt know what it was and started yelling and screaming up at her :eek::eek::eek:

It was still moving but it slowed down for awhile.

I took over 4000 pictures so I will upload some of the best ones tonight after dinner. We got to see a full rainbow over the ocean during dinner- was awesome.

I won $828 dollars on the penny slot machines for the week :eek::D

Here is a funny but really gross thing that happened- we were on the top deck on the tender back to the ship at Half Moon Cay. The cruise director and assistant cruise director were right next to us. Some lady had got totally wasted at Half Moon Cay and she started to throw up. The asst. cruise director grabbed a cup and she threw up most of it in there. Then she took the cup and dumped it over the side of the tender boat- she didnt realize that the bottom part of the tender sticks out about a foot and it went all over the people on the bottom deck below. They didnt know what it was and started yelling and screaming up at her :eek::eek::eek:

That is GROSS! I can not even think how mad they must have been!

Probably about $150 of those pennies were mine! Which machine were you playing? My problem is I don't walk away when I win...but I was never close to $800, the most was probalby was around $70.

Wow lots of pics! It rained the whole time here, hope you had nice weather!

Welcome Back! Its chilly and raining here today :(

I put in for 4 days off at work today. I am asking off for August 20-23. Our 26th anniv. is the 21st of Aug. and we wanna go to Myrtle beach for a few days.

I looked at more of grady's review. Its going to be so much fun. A FUN cruise at a GREAT price!

Archived