Atlantis through Comfort Suites

Kingisacruiser

Can someone tell me how Atlantis access through Comfort Suites works? If I book a room for 4 people do I get 4 passes? Also, how would I get to the Comfort Suites from the ship? How do I get from the CS to Atlantis? How much does it cost for transportation? What about the cost of food? I think the ship excursion does not charge for children 3 and under, will I have an issue if 2 of my kids have passes and 2 dont because they are 3 and under? I know I have asked a lot of questions, but this seems like a cost effective method to see all of Atlantis and if I need to book now I dont want to get shut out. I will be in Nassau on July 16, 2009. Thanks for all the help in advance.

This is all I know. If you book through Comfort Suites say a room for 4 you get 4 passes, children stay free 12 and under. It's across the street from Atlantis and you would take a cab for 5pp. I hope this helps.

Can someone tell me how Atlantis access through Comfort Suites works? If I book a room for 4 people do I get 4 passes? Also, how would I get to the Comfort Suites from the ship? How do I get from the CS to Atlantis? How much does it cost for transportation? What about the cost of food? I think the ship excursion does not charge for children 3 and under, will I have an issue if 2 of my kids have passes and 2 dont because they are 3 and under? I know I have asked a lot of questions, but this seems like a cost effective method to see all of Atlantis and if I need to book now I dont want to get shut out. I will be in Nassau on July 16, 2009. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Comfort Suites is located across the street from the Coral tower Lobby at Atlantis. You can take a cab from the dock for $5pp. $1 extra for strollers etc.

The rate at Comfort Suites is for 2 ppl. (there's a 12% room tax plus a few surcharges, taxes and other fees associated with the room... here's the list from the website.

Children under 15yrs stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 12-15 years of age are charged a $4.50 per night housekeeping gratuity. Person 16 years and older are charged as adults. Third or fourth adult in room are charged $40 per night plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy surcharge: $ 9.95 per adult per night. Housekeeping gratuities: $4.50 per adult per night. These are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel.

If you register as 4.. you will get 4 bracelets. (4 maximum per room) The 3 year olds are free at Atlantis (bring proof if they look older).

Those with bracelets can go on the slides/ lazy rivers etc.

Most slides are restricted to children 48" and taller.

As for the cost of food.. it's expensive.. but kids can share and there are some "family" meals as well.

Comfort Suites is located across the street from the Coral tower Lobby at Atlantis. You can take a cab from the dock for $5pp. $1 extra for strollers etc.

The rate at Comfort Suites is for 2 ppl. (there's a 12% room tax plus a few surcharges, taxes and other fees associated with the room... here's the list from the website.

Children under 15yrs stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 12-15 years of age are charged a $4.50 per night housekeeping gratuity. Person 16 years and older are charged as adults. Third or fourth adult in room are charged $40 per night plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy surcharge: $ 9.95 per adult per night. Housekeeping gratuities: $4.50 per adult per night. These are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel.

If you register as 4.. you will get 4 bracelets. (4 maximum per room) The 3 year olds are free at Atlantis (bring proof if they look older).

Those with bracelets can go on the slides/ lazy rivers etc.

Most slides are restricted to children 48" and taller.

As for the cost of food.. it's expensive.. but kids can share and there are some "family" meals as well.

One added suggestion....if you are doing this strictly for Atlantis access and don't care anything about the room, then tell them when you check in to also check you out....this is a very times saving suggestion as you will not have to return to CS's after Atlantis.....by doing this you will loose room charge privilege but just bring a CC and you can charge anything at Atlantis just like you would to your room charge;)I have done this several times myself.

I am thinking about doing this as well but am afraid of all of the extra charges. Can I call this hotel directly and then will give me a grand total. It might be cheaper just getting a day pass at the atlantis. Any suggestions? We are a family of 4.

Thanks

Thanks for all the tips! I have one followup question. Scubagirrl said the 3 year old and 1 year old will be free, so they don't get a bracelet. Does that mean that they cannot participate in the age approporiate activities at the Atlantis? Or do I have to purchase a pass for them as well.

You guys are great!:)

Hi We are cruising next weekend on Carnival's Sensation and I have booked a room for our family of 3 at the comfort suites for the sol purpose of being able to go to the Atlantis and enjoying all the waterslides....I will post after we return and let you know if it was a success! Sounds like a great money saver if it works.... If you are concerned about the Comfort suites being booked up go ahead and book it....according to my confirmation you can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours before your arrival if you book directly thorough their website.

I am thinking about doing this as well but am afraid of all of the extra charges. Can I call this hotel directly and then will give me a grand total. It might be cheaper just getting a day pass at the atlantis. Any suggestions? We are a family of 4.

Thanks

I booked our room by calling direct. We have done this 3 times, twice through CS and once through. Check out which one will give you the better pricing.

Hi We are cruising next weekend on Carnival's Sensation and I have booked a room for our family of 3 at the comfort suites for the sol purpose of being able to go to the Atlantis and enjoying all the waterslides....I will post after we return and let you know if it was a success!

Thank you Ace13, we have a reservation for July 14, but now we have 3 instead of 4 wanting to go to Atlantis so I may cancel as I don't think I'll save anything.

For other cruisers with Comfort Inn questions, I emailed the address on the website with my pricing questions and received a prompt, polite response. They were so nice that I really don't want to cancel.

Elsie:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
One added suggestion....if you are doing this strictly for Atlantis access and don't care anything about the room, then tell them when you check in to also check you out....this is a very times saving suggestion as you will not have to return to CS's after Atlantis.....by doing this you will loose room charge privilege but just bring a CC and you can charge anything at Atlantis just like you would to your room charge;)I have done this several times myself.

I know things change, but when we booked our CS room 2 years ago and went to Atlantis, food and drinks could only be paid for by cash or you could sign for them using your "room" card. They did not take actual credit cards. Your room card was supported by your credit card that you had on file with CS. Just a note......

I know things change, but when we booked our CS room 2 years ago and went to Atlantis, food and drinks could only be paid for by cash or you could sign for them using your "room" card. They did not take actual credit cards. Your room card was supported by your credit card that you had on file with CS. Just a note......

That's no longer the case.

Pool and Beach side eateries are CREDIT CARD or ROOM CARD ONLY>

They do not take cash. The aquazone is cashless.

Even the lockers are credit card only.

I am having a really hard time trying to decide between Comfort Inn and the Carnival excursion. Would anyone be willing to give me their opionions? We are a group of 12 people, 6 adults, 2 teens and 4 children aged 6-10. We would like to save money of course, but we need to weigh that against the other factors. Anyone out there that can help? :confused:

I am having a really hard time trying to decide between Comfort Inn and the Carnival excursion. Would anyone be willing to give me their opionions? We are a group of 12 people, 6 adults, 2 teens and 4 children aged 6-10. We would like to save money of course, but we need to weigh that against the other factors. Anyone out there that can help? :confused:

We are in the same boat as you. Trying to find out which way to go. You can also get a day pass directly at the atlantis. That should save some money.

We are in the same boat as you. Trying to find out which way to go. You can also get a day pass directly at the atlantis. That should save some money.

Day passes are available based on occupancy. When there are concerts or poker tournaments etc.. they will not be available. So you should check the Atlantis events if you are planning to purchase day passes from them directly.

Discover Atlantis Aquaventure Package:

. Adult Price: $110.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $80.00

. Included: Access to the Dig and other marine habitats, beaches and water park including: slides, pools, river rapids & private lagoons

. Not included: meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve basis

Ship Passes or renting a room are the only guarantees for entry

Hollyster would need 3 rooms for the group. Check the rates at Comfort Suites. Remember add'l adults in the room will cost $40 each. Plus there are taxes and surcharges. It still is probably a better deal than either the ship or atlantis passes.

Depending on the dates.

Archived