Atlantis through Comfort Suites

Kingisacruiser

Did anyone tell the hotel that they were bookign the room just for the purpose?

They don't care... it's a room filled... and many people never go to the room, check in, check out at same time. So even better it's a filled room that has no cleaning to do, yet they get the extra fees for housekeeping PLUS since you have checked out they can re-rent the room if someone needs it.

No, I did not because I booked online. But another person that posts regularly and has booked there several times suggests just telling the person at the front desk of CS that you want to check out as soon as you check in. He says that way you don't have to go back to the CS to check out later. He does it all the time and he say's they are used to it.

I may actually use the room towards the end of the day to take a shower before dinner. I'm sure the shower is bigger than the ones on our ships! I guess we'll bring a small backpack with a change of clean clothes and if it's convenient that is what we will do. I hear you can rent lockers at Atlantis using a credit card to put your stuff in.

I think you are talking about me:Dand that is absolutely correct....CS could not care less that you are just booking a room for the use of Atlantis.....half those checking in early in the morning are doing the same thing.

I think you are talking about me:Dand that is absolutely correct....CS could not care less that you are just booking a room for the use of Atlantis.....half those checking in early in the morning are doing the same thing.

HEY!!! Yes I am talking about you! You have been very helpful to me! I am very excited about going to Atlantis. This time when I get off the ship we can actually go there and not just stare at it from a distance wishing we were there. LOL!

Thanks again for your terrific posts!

Thanks, So We will be able to check in early? The site says 3pm?

HEY!!! Yes I am talking about you! You have been very helpful to me! I am very excited about going to Atlantis. This time when I get off the ship we can actually go there and not just stare at it from a distance wishing we were there. LOL!

Thanks again for your terrific posts!

Glad I a was able to help out:) I just got back from a weeks stay at Atlantis....love it there.......you will have a great time.....ENJOY!

Hi all,

I went back to update my reservation and got an even better deal ($158 + taxes) for the three of us for next week. I called the hotel to let them know we would be checking in early. They told me to call back the day before to schedule the early check in. Will let you all know how it went when we return after 26 June.

Happy Cruising!

I've been following this thread, looking for info on how to afford Atlantis. There are three of us(1 adult, 1 child age 16, 1 child age 15) and I booked a room at Comfort Suites for $144 (AAA rate). So I know there will be taxes and extra fees, tais, and lunch, but this sounds like a MUCH better deal than RCCL excursion rates, which would cost us about $395 for the excursion to Atlantis. Am I correct that the room rate includes three bracelets for Atlantis?

I've been following this thread, looking for info on how to afford Atlantis. There are three of us(1 adult, 1 child age 16, 1 child age 15) and I booked a room at Comfort Suites for $144 (AAA rate). So I know there will be taxes and extra fees, tais, and lunch, but this sounds like a MUCH better deal than RCCL excursion rates, which would cost us about $395 for the excursion to Atlantis. Am I correct that the room rate includes three bracelets for Atlantis?

Yes Lizzie, from all I've read it does. How many people you book in the room is how many bracelets you will receive. I'm also taking DD who's 16 and her friend 15 this coming Tuesday. I've promised to stop back and put my information on this thread. When are you cruising?

Yes, you are correct....ENJOY!!!

Yes Lizzie, from all I've read it does. How many people you book in the room is how many bracelets you will receive. I'm also taking DD who's 16 and her friend 15 this coming Tuesday. I've promised to stop back and put my information on this thread. When are you cruising?

We are cruising July 4 weekend with our 16 year old and her 15 year old friend! Let me know how your trip goes, and have a great time!

I made my reservation directy with the hotel. My e-mail confirmation says checkin 3:00. Can I go there in the am and get the wrist bands? 3:00 is when we would be leaving!

I called the hotel yesterday, they told me to call the day before we plan to arrive to schedule an early arrival. Just take your reservation printout with you it has all the phone info etc. Happy Cruising!

I called the hotel yesterday, they told me to call the day before we plan to arrive to schedule an early arrival. Just take your reservation printout with you it has all the phone info etc. Happy Cruising!

Most people just show up and have no problems...

We booked a room at the Comfort Inn for this weekend..Carnival Fascination in order to gain access to Atlantis. The four (allowed) passes will be used by my mother, mother-in-law, 7 year old son and myself. Our concern is the fact that my husband and daughter are scheduled for the swimming with dolphins but do not have access to Atlantis. If my mom and mother-in-law decide to return to the ship is it possible to switch off the wristband??? Even cut and tape.??

I honestly don't think that would work. The tape would likely loosen in the water and you'd loose it on the first slide. Staff check bracelets throughout the park.. and especially when you get to the TOP of the slides. If they see the tape, then will take the bracelet and ask you to walk back down and leave the park.

Not something I'd be willing to take a chance at.

And one other thing.. doing this in front of your daughter isn't a very good lesson for her. Teaching her how to cheat the system and steal from the hotel.

Hi all,

Told you I'd stop back after our cruise this past week. We hopped in a taxi from the pier area to Comfort Suites. It was about $13 for three of us. It took about 10 minutes to get there. We just checked in and out at the same time. They gave us cards to take over to the Atlantis. It's only a 5 minute walk if that. We went to a towel booth showed our cards, they gave wristbands and towels. It was as simple as that. It states right on the wristband, that if you cut it off it's invalid. We ended up sitting near the lazy river where the girls floated through a few times. I sat in a lounge chair relaxing in the cloudy sun, lol. We had lunch at one of the outdoor grills. We had 2 burgers (with fries), buffalo wings and three sodas which was about $54 with tip. Not cheap but good food. If you have any other questions let me know.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you for letting us know how it went. I am ready to book the comfort inn but am nervous that I will not be able to cancel the room and lose my money if it is raining. I guess it is a gamble but will save $200 if we went.

Okay so you did not have to go back and check out. What time did you arrive at the hotel?

We will be in nassau from 8am to 5pm. I want to get off the ship asap and start heading back to the ship around 3pm. I do not want to worry about missing the ship. Was there traffic on your way back to the ship?

Thanks again

I think we got off the ship about 10:30ish and were done checking in at the Comfort Suites by 11am. There were plenty of taxis outside of the Atlantis. We left about 3pm and had no traffic issues getting back to the ship on time.

Hi all,

Told you I'd stop back after our cruise this past week. We hopped in a taxi from the pier area to Comfort Suites. It was about $13 for three of us. It took about 10 minutes to get there. We just checked in and out at the same time. They gave us cards to take over to the Atlantis. It's only a 5 minute walk if that. We went to a towel booth showed our cards, they gave wristbands and towels. It was as simple as that. It states right on the wristband, that if you cut it off it's invalid. We ended up sitting near the lazy river where the girls floated through a few times. I sat in a lounge chair relaxing in the cloudy sun, lol. We had lunch at one of the outdoor grills. We had 2 burgers (with fries), buffalo wings and three sodas which was about $54 with tip. Not cheap but good food. If you have any other questions let me know.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for giving us the update! We will be at Atlantis this weekend and are using Comfort Suites. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. Did you leave your things on a chair when you went on the rides? Or do we need to use a locker? Also, does the water taxi mean a long walk to Comfort Suites once we arrive on the island, should we take a regular taxi instead? Thanks!

Thanks for giving us the update! We will be at Atlantis this weekend and are using Comfort Suites. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. Did you leave your things on a chair when you went on the rides? Or do we need to use a locker? Also, does the water taxi mean a long walk to Comfort Suites once we arrive on the island, should we take a regular taxi instead? Thanks!

We took a regular taxi, much faster and only $12 for the three of us. I sat in the lounge chair while the girls went on the rides, so no need to rent a locker. But I know they were readily available no problem. Have a great time!

Hi all,

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for coming back to let us know how it want.

Did you book your room online? I really want to do this, but my husband is very iffy.

I was planning on taking the water taxi over? Was the regular taxi right at the port you took? Were towels there for your use?Did you use cash to buy your lunch?

He said what if the weather is bad? We would be able to call the resort to cancel right?

What ship were you on?

Sorry for all the ?'s I am starting to feel excited and overwhelmed with all the planning of our first cruise.

Thanks for coming back to let us know how it want.

Did you book your room online? I really want to do this, but my husband is very iffy.

That is the easiest and best way to book.

I was planning on taking the water taxi over? Was the regular taxi right at the port you took? Were towels there for your use?Did you use cash to buy your lunch?

I would suggest taking a land taxi....there are PLENTY at the port and cost only $4/pp. You get towels at Atlantis where you get your wristbands. Most all concessions at Atlantis are cashless.....they either take room charge or CC only.

He said what if the weather is bad? We would be able to call the resort to cancel right?

Yes and NO....I forget exactly but there is like a 48hr cancellation window...so you can't call that morning to cancel if the weather is bad.....keep in mind that most ship excursions are usually rain or shine also.

What ship were you on?

Sorry for all the ?'s I am starting to feel excited and overwhelmed with all the planning of our first cruise.

Hope this helps:)

Archived