Atlantis through Comfort Suites

Kingisacruiser

Hi,

We are thinking about doing this too. We are booked on Aug 15th Carnival Freedom.Family of 4-boys ages 11 and 15. We want a nice beach, and the pools, and slides are very appealing to my boys. Cruise passes are so expensive. Can I ask you for the number and did you just say you wanted one night? Did they ask any questions? There wasn't a minimum in August??? Thanks for your help. Just confirming that if you stay at the Comfort Suites, you will get four all access passes to Atlantis for the entire day? How do you get from the port to the hotel ? Thanks for your help. Did you see if the Wyndham was available for a day pass this time of year? Just wondering since I think I read this hotel was very nice as well.

I just plugged some numbers into the CS website - it would be 3 adults and my 13 year old. - The room was 278.00 + 12% tax = 311.56 but it also showed 9.95 pp energy fee + 4.50 pp housekeeping + 40.00 for third person plus tax. Is this the going rates or has it changed? Plus you have to add the 40.00 for taxi. It seems to be only about 100.00 savings for a family of 4. Did I figure that right?

Doesn't seem to be enough savings for the added stress of figuring the details but I am not sure I figured right.

I came up with the same thing when you add all the extras that CS adds. Read the fine print. It is actually more than the day pass per person. But no guarantee with the day pass.

Our party of 8 finally decided to book through Carnival and be done with it. Yes, we know we paid more (about $20 per person) for date we are sailing but don't have to worry about anything else.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-paradise_island-bahamas-BS003?sid=CdKnM.6_4sSg_gr.9

I just booked using the above website a room for Aug 15 at the AAA rate our final cost is $400 for 7 (4 adults, 13yr, 5yr, 2) in 2 rooms

If we book the excursion through our ship FOS it is $165/adult, $115/kid, 2yr old would be free. the only advantage is that we would get transpo ($70 taxi) and a lunch voucher (free continental breakfast at cs). Total cost $890!

CS is the best way to go!

Plus as others have said I can always cancel our room if we change our minds.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-paradise_island-bahamas-BS003?sid=CdKnM.6_4sSg_gr.9

I just booked using the above website a room for Aug 15 at the AAA rate our final cost is $400 for 7 (4 adults, 13yr, 5yr, 2) in 2 rooms

If we book the excursion through our ship FOS it is $165/adult, $115/kid, 2yr old would be free. the only advantage is that we would get transpo ($70 taxi) and a lunch voucher (free continental breakfast at cs). Total cost $890!

CS is the best way to go!

Plus as others have said I can always cancel our room if we change our minds.

Does that include the 9.95pp energy fee and the 4.95pp cleaning fee? It does work better for you because you can put 2 adults in each room so therefore no additional 40.00 fee. I can see how that would be a better deal for your group but in my exact scenario it didn't work the same.

Discover Atlantis Aquaventure Package:

. Adult Price: $110.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $80.00

. Included: Access to the Dig and other marine habitats, beaches and water park including: slides, pools, river rapids & private lagoons

. Not included: meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve basis

Is there tax or any other fees on the Day Pass?

Does that include the 9.95pp energy fee and the 4.95pp cleaning fee? It does work better for you because you can put 2 adults in each room so therefore no additional 40.00 fee. I can see how that would be a better deal for your group but in my exact scenario it didn't work the same.

nope but that's only an additonal $15/per adult ($60 total) and is still a huge savings over the excursion cost. So total including extra fees and taxi RT = $520. RCCL Excursion $890

We booked a room at the Comfort Inn for this weekend..Carnival Fascination inorder to gain access to Atlantis. The four (allowed) passes will be used by my mother, mother-in-law, 7 year old son and myself. Our concern is the fact that my husband and daughter are scheduled for the swimming with dolphins but do not have access to Atlantis. If my mom and mother-in-law decide to return to the ship is it possible to switch off the wristband??? Even cut and tape.??

We booked a room at the Comfort Inn for this weekend..Carnival Fascination in order to gain access to Atlantis. The four (allowed) passes will be used by my mother, mother-in-law, 7 year old son and myself. Our concern is the fact that my husband and daughter are scheduled for the swimming with dolphins but do not have access to Atlantis. If my mom and mother-in-law decide to return to the ship is it possible to switch off the wristband??? Even cut and tape.??

Has anyone ever used American Express rewards points to book a room at CS just to gain access to the Atlantis?

I have enough points to do this and also get a $100 Amex gift card for lunch at the resort but just can't pull the trigger and make the call to set this up. I would hate to have to fight to get points back if I have a problem day of with CS.

Has anyone used a Amex gift card at the restaurants there?

Okay, I didn't read through this whole thread but gained enough to make some calls. Here is latest information. Tried to call Comfort Suites direct. They will not let you book just 1 night. They suggested Expedia. Went on Expedia. Room is $252 plus $80 for 3rd & 4th guest plus $97.64 for a total of $429.64. Room online with Comfort Suites was $363 plus $80 for 3rd & 4th plus tax. Booking excursion through Carnival is $125 per person for total of $500 and forget all the hassle. Guess I'm booking through the ship. We will be there in November.

Okay, I didn't read through this whole thread but gained enough to make some calls. Here is latest information. Tried to call Comfort Suites direct. They will not let you book just 1 night. They suggested Expedia. Went on Expedia. Room is $252 plus $80 for 3rd & 4th guest plus $97.64 for a total of $429.64. Room online with Comfort Suites was $363 plus $80 for 3rd & 4th plus tax. Booking excursion through Carnival is $125 per person for total of $500 and forget all the hassle. Guess I'm booking through the ship. We will be there in November.

At $125pp its a good deal... it was $154pp Having said that if it is a "slow" day (not July 4th, etc.) you can walk up and get day passes for $105 for adults and I think $80 for under 12. It is capacity controlled and if busy will not be available.

Im going on the Carnival Cruise in July. It states that we will only be in the Bahamas from 8am to 2pm. It this enough time to go to Atlantis and enjoy the water rides and beach? Also, I was looking to book a room at CS, would I need to take a taxis from the port, to CS and then to Atlantis? Thanks in advanced!

Im going on the Carnival Cruise in July. It states that we will only be in the Bahamas from 8am to 2pm. It this enough time to go to Atlantis and enjoy the water rides and beach? Also, I was looking to book a room at CS, would I need to take a taxis from the port, to CS and then to Atlantis? Thanks in advanced!

Not sure you would get your money's worth... I think slides open at 10am (may be 9am) and you would need to be back on board no later than 1:30pm with at least 30 minutes for getting from slide area to taxi area. So figure 2-3 hours max of fun time.. about $40 hour each. If you did CS it is across the street so no taxi from CS to waterpark

I booked a room online for 1 day. There wasn't any 1 day rule listed on there. There are 3 of us. Myself, DH and DS (12). When I originally booked online the rate was 176.00. Well yesterday I check the prices again and a double bed room opened up and it was 160.00. So there is a place on their website where you can change or cancel your reservation so I changed it to the less expensive room and saved myself a little bit more! This is the room rate only, but even with the taxes and fees, it's still a better deal for us. Through Carnival's excursion it would cost us $450!

I hope this info helps someone else! :)

I booked a room online for 1 day. There wasn't any 1 day rule listed on there. There are 3 of us. Myself, DH and DS (12). When I originally booked online the rate was 176.00. Well yesterday I check the prices again and a double bed room opened up and it was 160.00. So there is a place on their website where you can change or cancel your reservation so I changed it to the less expensive room and saved myself a little bit more! This is the room rate only, but even with the taxes and fees, it's still a better deal for us. Through Carnival's excursion it would cost us $450!

I also booked a room for a 1 day online without any hassles. RCI excursions were pricey ($165pp). This way for the 3 of us, saved me more $ too. Can't wait to go to Atlantis for the day next week. Will come back online after we get back to tell you how it worked out for us.

Happy Cruising!

I also booked a room for a 1 day online without any hassles. RCI excursions were pricey ($165pp). This way for the 3 of us, saved me more $ too. Can't wait to go to Atlantis for the day next week. Will come back online after we get back to tell you how it worked out for us.

Happy Cruising!

Super! Let me know all about it! Have a great time!!

There will be 4 of us. I priced it out and I think booking a room at Atlantis might be an alternative way to go. 363.00 total. It might seem like somewhat of a hassel. My DM can not get around very well, so might just book at Atlantis.

Any opinions ?

Hi, Yes it does. We are going in Aug. on the CCL (eastern caribbean-Destiny).

I am hoping to book a room here for us to be able to enjoy Alantis also.

Happy Cruising!

Please DO!!!!!!!!!!

Too me it is a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter Guest Data

Arrival Date: Friday, August 28, 2009

Length of Stay: 1 Night

Number of Rooms: 1

Rate Program: Best Available Rate

Cancellation Deadline: If you need to change or cancel this reservation, you may do so up until Wednesday, August 26, 2009, before 4 PM local hotel time.

Estimated Total: 201.60 (US Dollar) including taxes of: 12%

Check In Time: 3:00 PM

Check Out Time: 11:00 AM

Hotel Alerts: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 15yrs stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 12-15 years of age are charged a $4.50 per night housekeeping gratuity. Person 16 years and older are charged as adults. Third or fourth adult in room are charged $40 per night plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy surcharge: $ 9.95 per adult per night. Housekeeping gratuities: $4.50 per adult per night. These are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Five rooms or more is considered a group. For groups please contact 1-800-417-6738 Ext 24.

Room Room Features Adults Children Extra Bed Nightly Rate

2 Double Beds, Suite,

No Smoking

Remove Room Max Occupancy:

4 persons 1234 0123 180.00

SORRY Max Occupancy is 4 persons

Available with extra bed option

1 Room Suite Partial Room Divider High-Speed Internet-charge Sofabed-2Person Junior Suite

Update Rates

Add Another Room

1 Night: 180.00 (US Dollar)

*Estimated Tax: 21.60 (US Dollar)

Estimated Total: 201.60 (US Dollar)

Did anyone tell the hotel that they were bookign the room just for the purpose?

No, I did not because I booked online. But another person that posts regularly and has booked there several times suggests just telling the person at the front desk of CS that you want to check out as soon as you check in. He says that way you don't have to go back to the CS to check out later. He does it all the time and he say's they are used to it.

I may actually use the room towards the end of the day to take a shower before dinner. I'm sure the shower is bigger than the ones on our ships! I guess we'll bring a small backpack with a change of clean clothes and if it's convenient that is what we will do. I hear you can rent lockers at Atlantis using a credit card to put your stuff in.

Archived