Atlantis through Comfort Suites

Kingisacruiser

I am having a really hard time trying to decide between Comfort Inn and the Carnival excursion. Would anyone be willing to give me their opionions? We are a group of 12 people, 6 adults, 2 teens and 4 children aged 6-10. We would like to save money of course, but we need to weigh that against the other factors. Anyone out there that can help? :confused:

What are the other factors. ?? Transportation would cost $5pp to and from ($10 each).. You can check into Comfort Suites and Check out at the same time.. saving you the trouble of coming back. You can enter the Aquapark anytime after 9am.. and stay until they close at 7pm.

There are taxi's everywhere to take you back to the ship.

You can cancel your room if the ships itinerary changes - Not sure but I think it's 24 hours in advance. You can do that from the ship if there is a change.

There really ISN'T a reason to use the carnival excursion.. unless you just want to pay more.

Of course, timing is the only issue.. you need to keep your eyes on time to get back to the ship. Traffic getting off the island starts a little after 4pm.. so you 'll need to give yourself some extra time to get back to the ship at dinner time.

Any other reasons you can think of./??

just a quick question..Can you check in anytime to get the wristbands even though you aren't using the room.Usually it's a 3pm or so check in but can you get the wristbands early

:) thanks

Anytime.. but you can't get bracelets at Atlantis until 9am.

I am too worried about the day passes not being available to me. Is the transportation the cruise provides easier to use than finding your own?

Transportation is simple. Go out the port door.. hop in a cab and head to Atlantis Royal Towers. .. to return.. reverse these instructions. $5pp each way. Taxis are everywhere.

I've already booked my room for our cruise in a couple of weeks. I explained I wouldn't actually be using the room, they were very nice about it. I let them know I would be early arrival to get the wrist bands, and they said it was fine since I let them know.

We are stopping in Nassau for the day on Majesty of the Seas end of June. I want to book the Comfort Suites to be able to go to Atlantis for the day. Does it matter if I book online or call them for just that purpose? Also, does anyone remember how much a taxi is to get to Atlantis? There will be three of us possibly. Thanks for any information. :D

Hi,

Can we buy the Atlantis day pass in advance or do we need to buy it the day we are there? That would be about $80.00 savings if we buy the pass from Atlantis rather than doing the ships excursion. Please let me know. I have done the Atlantis excursion in May and love the water slides so much I want to go again in December.

Note: Anyone going on the water slides must not have ANY jewelry on as they won't let you go down the slides. They were very strict with this in May.

Thanks,

We are stopping in Nassau for the day on Majesty of the Seas end of June. I want to book the Comfort Suites to be able to go to Atlantis for the day. Does it matter if I book online or call them for just that purpose? Also, does anyone remember how much a taxi is to get to Atlantis? There will be three of us possibly. Thanks for any information. :D

It's best to book on their website. they have a cancellation policy .. 24 hours I think.. Other websites don't usually give refunds.

Taxi is $4pp.

Hi,

Can we buy the Atlantis day pass in advance or do we need to buy it the day we are there? That would be about $80.00 savings if we buy the pass from Atlantis rather than doing the ships excursion. Please let me know. I have done the Atlantis excursion in May and love the water slides so much I want to go again in December.

Note: Anyone going on the water slides must not have ANY jewelry on as they won't let you go down the slides. They were very strict with this in May.

Thanks,

Not availabe in advance. And availability is based on occupancy.. So heavy holiday seasons, special event weeks and Spring break weeks are sometime sold out.

You might want to look into renting a room at Atlantis or Comfort Suites.. you get full access to the Atlantis with a room reservation.

I am staying at CS's for 2 nights this weekend....AAA rate with taxes, surcharges and gratuities...$210 for 4 people including breakfast...you certainly can't beat that deal as most cruise lines charge about $150/pp just for a day pass/pp.

Tried to book Atlantis online and they are $461 for one night, two adults three children, 12,5 and 1.

Comfort Suites is not available to be booked online.

What's the going rate. We would be there Saturday 8/22

Tried to book Atlantis online and they are $461 for one night, two adults three children, 12,5 and 1.

Comfort Suites is not available to be booked online.

What's the going rate. We would be there Saturday 8/22

You'll have to give CS a call.. but I think they are booked also..

That week is the Miss Universe Contest at Atlantis and most rooms on the island are booked with contestants, staff, new and media folks and paparazzi.

I'm told that day passes will also be restricted. So if your cruiseship is selling passes.. that may be the only way to get onto the property.

The pagent ends August 31st.

That week is the Miss Universe Contest at Atlantis and most rooms on the island are booked with contestants, staff, new and media folks and paparazzi.

I'm told that day passes will also be restricted. So if your cruiseship is selling passes.. that may be the only way to get onto the property.

and don't think that even if the cruise ship has it listed as a shore excursion for that week that it wouldn't get canceled last minute....i am sure they are realizing that one till last minute.

I wonder what day all the hoopla starts for the Miss Universe thing. I was just able to book a room for August 18th (Tuesday). There seem to be more available that day. Maybe they get there after I leave?

Oh, and quick question........where can I catch the ferry to get to C.S. and how often and how late does it run? Is there a website with info. about the ferry?

I wonder what day all the hoopla starts for the Miss Universe thing. I was just able to book a room for August 18th (Tuesday). There seem to be more available that day. Maybe they get there after I leave?

Oh, and quick question........where can I catch the ferry to get to C.S. and how often and how late does it run? Is there a website with info. about the ferry?

I'm told it's a week long pagent.. so I'm assuming they'll arrive on the 21st or 22nd.

The ferry to CS (paradise Island) is located on the wharf just outside the port.. to the right.

It runs from 9am - 6pm daily. Every 30 minutes, and costs $3pp. ($6 rt)

http://www.bahamasgo.com/watertaxi.htm

This is a nice scenic way to grab some culture.

You can also take a cab ($4).. they fill up vans outside the port for the ride over the bridge to CS or Atlantis.

I'm told it's a week long pagent.. so I'm assuming they'll arrive on the 21st or 22nd.

The ferry to CS (paradise Island) is located on the wharf just outside the port.. to the right.

It runs from 9am - 6pm daily. Every 30 minutes, and costs $3pp. ($6 rt)

http://www.bahamasgo.com/watertaxi.htm

This is a nice scenic way to grab some culture.

You can also take a cab ($4).. they fill up vans outside the port for the ride over the bridge to CS or Atlantis.

Yes, the ferry (water taxi) seems more my style. Seems more relaxing than a cab ride. I'm glad we will miss all the pageant stuff so we get to use all the facilities without interruption. I'm sure my DH and DS will be dissapointed though!

Just an FYI for anyone else that may want to use the Atlantis resort without the enormous day pass fees for the day...... I just paid $197 with taxes at the CS for the 3 (2 adults and 12 yo) of us on August 18. I think even though we are not using the room we will still have to pay housekeeping fees though. Can someone confirm this? Scubagirl? The pass through Carnival that included the slides and such would have cost us over 500.00. My son is so excited to use those waterslides he sees on the commercials!!! My DH and I have been to the bahamas without him once before so I let him decide what he wanted to do, and this is the only way we can afford to let him.

When you get off the ferry on Paradise island..Is it obvious how to get to CS?

Thanks scubagirl for the website and your expertise!!!

Yes, the ferry (water taxi) seems more my style. Seems more relaxing than a cab ride. I'm glad we will miss all the pageant stuff so we get to use all the facilities without interruption. I'm sure my DH and DS will be dissapointed though!

Just an FYI for anyone else that may want to use the Atlantis resort without the enormous day pass fees for the day...... I just paid $197 with taxes at the CS for the 3 (2 adults and 12 yo) of us on August 18. I think even though we are not using the room we will still have to pay housekeeping fees though. Can someone confirm this? Scubagirl? The pass through Carnival that included the slides and such would have cost us over 500.00. My son is so excited to use those waterslides he sees on the commercials!!! My DH and I have been to the bahamas without him once before so I let him decide what he wanted to do, and this is the only way we can afford to let him.

When you get off the ferry on Paradise island..Is it obvious how to get to CS?

Thanks scubagirl for the website and your expertise!!!

Yes, you 'll have to pay the service charges and housekeeping fees.. regardless.

As for the location.. it's easy.. just follow the crowd.

Once you've to the main road.. cross going toward the marinas and around to your right .. the marina village will be on your left.. 1 block up.. on your right..just past Anthony's on the corner.. you'll see CS.. it's across the street. Easy..

For comfort suites (to get atlantis passes) -we have 15 yo son - but he could easily pass for older. Do we need to bring any proof of age for either of our children so we don't get hit with the adult extra charge?

Thanks for your help!

For comfort suites (to get atlantis passes) -we have 15 yo son - but he could easily pass for older. Do we need to bring any proof of age for either of our children so we don't get hit with the adult extra charge?

Thanks for your help!

It would certainly be adviseabe.

We are thinking of booking a room for April 2010, but here is my dilema. There are 5 of us. It seems silly to rent two rooms, so I am wondering if we can rent 1, get our 4 passes, and hope that we can get 1 day pass. Do you get a little slack if you are a booked customer, or is there a possibilty I will be outside watching my DH, nieces and nephew have fun? TIA!

We are thinking of booking a room for April 2010, but here is my dilema. There are 5 of us. It seems silly to rent two rooms, so I am wondering if we can rent 1, get our 4 passes, and hope that we can get 1 day pass. Do you get a little slack if you are a booked customer, or is there a possibilty I will be outside watching my DH, nieces and nephew have fun? TIA!

if it's a spriing break or easter week you may be shut out.

But you COULD pay for the Cruise pass. It's a little more expensive.. but it will guarantee a pass.

Although, we will be supplied 4 passes to Atlantis my mom only wants to see The Digs while others in our group would enjoy the water slides etc.. Are the "passes" more like permanent bracelets OR could we all use them off and on for the day?

Passes ARE bracelets that are put on by the staff, so you can't pass them around.

If Your mom only wants to see the DIGS, she can get a DIGS pass for $35. But she won't be able to sit by the pools with you. It doens't allow her access to the waterpark grounds.

Archived