Finally bit the bullet

pathoman

Well finally convinced the GF and we got our cruise setup. Now I am collecting a list of everything we will need/want.

We are doing the 5 day carnival out of galveston hitting progreso and cozumel. My current list of requirements include.

2 bottles of wine

filled rum runners

hats

sunscreen

mosquito repellent

bottled water (6)

sunglasses

formal clothing

walking shoes

anything else specific? we are planning on doing one mayan tour and at least 1 snorkling and maybe a bar hopping.

thanks

We are planning on doing the temples in progreso

Im assuming you are going later on, not the next couple of weeks, as the 5 days are now 7 days and hitting different ports.

I loved the Ecstasy. We were on Empress deck this last time. Did a 5A Halloween week previously (5As with port holes now are being sold as inside cabins, good buy).

We were on Conquest last week and I forgot my lighted electric alarm clock. Really missed it. The cabins dont have clocks and a lighted clock during the night is nice.

Formal night is now elegant night. Folks on Carnival dont get as dressed up. A nice shirt and pants is fine, a tie is a added bonus if you want. Some men will have suit coats, but really not necessary.

I also bring a envelope of mostly ones, some fives and a few tens, mostly for those tips and change if you want to barter in Mexico. You will need ones, to tip the porter at Galveston for taking your suitcase, the shuttle driver at EZCruise if you park there (or lighthouse point), $30 for Ecstasy for either 4 or 5 night cruise on Ecstasy if you book online.

Dont forget your walking shoes, someone on my cruise forgot their tennis shoes and had to play ping pong bare foot.

Im assuming you are going later on, not the next couple of weeks, as the 5 days are now 7 days and hitting different ports.

I loved the Ecstasy. We were on Empress deck this last time. Did a 5A Halloween week previously (5As with port holes now are being sold as inside cabins, good buy).

We were on Conquest last week and I forgot my lighted electric alarm clock. Really missed it. The cabins dont have clocks and a lighted clock during the night is nice.

Formal night is now elegant night. Folks on Carnival dont get as dressed up. A nice shirt and pants is fine, a tie is a added bonus if you want. Some men will have suit coats, but really not necessary.

I also bring a envelope of mostly ones, some fives and a few tens, mostly for those tips and change if you want to barter in Mexico. You will need ones, to tip the porter at Galveston for taking your suitcase, the shuttle driver at EZCruise if you park there (or lighthouse point), $30 for Ecstasy for either 4 or 5 night cruise on Ecstasy if you book online.

Dont forget your walking shoes, someone on my cruise forgot their tennis shoes and had to play ping pong bare foot.

thanks for info and yea we got a 2 porthole inside on the opposite side of the anchor so we will hopefully be good. I actually am a student living on Galveston so I dont plan on dealing with parking, but do I will need the porter to take my suitcase and such? And I actually have a lot of $1 coins, think those will work for bargaining?

thanks for the responses guys

Binoculars! There's alot to see at sea!

Bring regular PAPER money....coins aren't "usual" and the crew won't appreciate something that's not easily spent...and in foreign countries, they will gladly accept PAPER American money...not so much 1$ coins or $2 bills!

You don't bargain with the porters....give them $1-2 per bag, depending on how heavy they are. You want your bags to make it to the ship!

If you bargain with merchants, bargain with real money--not coins.

coins ( even Euro coins) are no good to change at banks either, most banks will only exchange notes, so even if your two euro coin is worth more than a dollar bill, you cannot exchange it for foreign currency, I hate the Euros, the coins get too heavy in my pockets or bags, I prefer notes.

thanks for info and yea we got a 2 porthole inside on the opposite side of the anchor so we will hopefully be good. I actually am a student living on Galveston so I dont plan on dealing with parking, but do I will need the porter to take my suitcase and such? And I actually have a lot of $1 coins, think those will work for bargaining?

thanks for the responses guys

How does one get a two Port Hole INSIDE?

I ave never been to a country that welcomed coins from any other country.

I got a $50 Jamaican bill last week as proof of this. They wouldnt let me give them coins from American to pay for some muscle rub and Advil, had to use only bills and the change was in Jamaican. ... rounded down Im sure. They didnt take coins they told me.

Archived