Modify booking option on Carnival ?

I can access my booking and see that there is an EDIT button for the cabin, has anyone successfully picked a new cabin using this feature? I tried last night and today but it keeps giving me an error message. I was trying to avoid having to call them and sit on hold but I won't keep trying online if it's not actually possible to change cabins without speaking to someone.

Iv only seen posts by people who were upgrading, not going sideways. If you started with a guarantee, you wouldnt be able to change cabins without calling, so it depends on your booking if it will work, and what you are trying to do.

Id call, wouldnt want to chance changing my price.

I was able to do it on my Pride sailing - we booked an 8I, I had a cabin didn't like the location, did an edit and picked a different 8I cabin all without calling anyone. I am booked I believe at a past guest rate.

However my Dream booking is at the early saver rate, and whenever I hit the edit button for that trip it gives me an error message. I don't think it will work if you booked the early saver rate.

Hmmm, the one I am trying to edit is under the military rate not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I might try a few more times and then grab a glass of wine and sit on hold for a bit tonight :)

Thank you both for your replies~

I can access my booking and see that there is an EDIT button for the cabin, has anyone successfully picked a new cabin using this feature? I tried last night and today but it keeps giving me an error message. I was trying to avoid having to call them and sit on hold but I won't keep trying online if it's not actually possible to change cabins without speaking to someone.

Just an FYI, I called the other night around midnight East coast time and the phone was picked up by a person on the second ring. A very nice CSR and I chatted for a good 10 minutes while she took care of a price change. She told me that late at night was the best time to call that there was usually no wait then.

Just an FYI, I called the other night around midnight East coast time and the phone was picked up by a person on the second ring. A very nice CSR and I chatted for a good 10 minutes while she took care of a price change. She told me that late at night was the best time to call that there was usually no wait then.

I called on my lunch and was able to get through in about ten minutes despite the message that stated unusually long wait times. The switch was easy and quick :) Thanks again everyone!

Archived