Prices for alcohol mixed drinks, beer?

ok IS there a price list that we can see what the prices of these drinks really go for in all the cruise ships? Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian, Holland?

What is the Real price for a Margarita is it still 11.50?

A Budwiser beer or bud light still 7.50?

Is there a drink that we can buy the mix and then get the alcohol straight up so we can use our own mix for less? If you buy a Virgin drink it still costs the same price with or without the alcohol, did you all know that?

Also WHO recently went on a cruise, can someone tell us all what you spent on your booze? Do you still have your recepits? I want to know about Margaritas

Strawberry Daquari's Blush Zinfindel Wine, Cola's 1 gingerale, Espresso and Cappachino, what was the cost.

If its going to cost me nearly 200.00 for 7 drinks this year they can kiss my big fat Nose cause they will not make no money on me. I will not spend it, and I know that back home a drink an average drink is no more than 4.00 beer is 3.00 so for them to put a fancy glass in front of me, then I should keep the glass for paying 12.00 for a drink.

Include the glass as suvenior from paying it up the Nose with expensive prices.:confused:

What can we all do to save and still have a good time?

ORDER DRINKS STRAIGHT UP NO ICE!!:D

No ice? You're surely kidding!

I know on the RCI boards, there's a drink menu floating around...don't know if you can find it via the "search" or not! (I'm not good with finding stuff on here!!!)

I don't think there's "one stop shopping" with all of the cruiselines bar menus, tho! You'll probably have to search on each line's boards.

CCL margaritas were around $8 a piece, a little more for the blue or fruity ones, my aunt was drinking martinis that cost about $11 each and I was drinking crown and cokes that cost roughly $6 each.

I will from now on just bring my own cokes and crown onboard. Even though I will still spend some money just not over $200 like last time.

Red Hot,

If you just got off a ship, you know what the costs for drinks are. You'd have to go to the individual cruiseline boards to see the difference. Really won't be more than a dollar difference on the mainstreams.

We just budget for drinks. Yes, it's cheaper to drink at home, but like any vacation, you pay what you have to..if you want to.

You can always cruise a luxury line and some will include wine or drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

We will go on our first cruise soon. I am really beginning to believe we have made a mistake and we are not cruise people. Are drinks really that expensive?! We can't have a beer at a meal for less than $6.00? A glass of wine for under $8.00? Its too late for a refund but Im thinking we are going to hate this vacation.

From everything that I have read--it is pretty expensive to drink...:( Everything except tea, coffee and I think Lemonade cost money in the way of drinks. You can bring sodas and water on board as long as they are packed in your luggage. I have also read about people smuggling liquor in their checked bags. We are going with seasoned cruisers so we have already set aside money just for alcohol. ;)

As much as you have cruised (or state that you have), one would think you would know the answers to these questions and quit whining. :rolleyes:

Seems like you pop up every now and then with some off the wall questions along with providing some incorrect info in your responses to others questions. :mad:

We will go on our first cruise soon. I am really beginning to believe we have made a mistake and we are not cruise people. Are drinks really that expensive?! We can't have a beer at a meal for less than $6.00? A glass of wine for under $8.00? Its too late for a refund but Im thinking we are going to hate this vacation.

I am not sure about being a mistake, but the prices you are mentioning are fairly accurate. The drink prices that they will advertise will have a 15% gratuity automatically added. With the gratuity, a can of soda pop will cost at least $2 incidentally. One solution is to bring your own.

On Celebrity (I imagine prices are similar on Royal Caribbean), the most expensive drink was a martini (any liquor, type). That was around 10 dollars. Mojitos were $6.50, drink of the day was $5.50 (always a good option). My solution for you would be to bring the allowed bottles of wine onboard and drink that.

Last sail we where on was in 2007 on the conquest we did one soda pass and ordered double shots with the hard stuff This saved us a little $$'s

Drink of the day if you reuse the same glass you get a discount on refill. Not sure what it is now we will find out in Sept.

Usually you can get the drink of the day in a regular glass and you save the difference of the souvenir glass.

The last cruise we were on NCL, they had a progressive happy hour, half price on certain drinks in one bar from 4:30-5:30 and then it moved to the martini bar the next hour and the wine bar the next. They also have specials on certain beers on and off which saved money.

You can also bring booze on board in your checked luggage on most cruise lines. They don't like it and some will confiscate it until the end of the cruise if found. If you drink a lot it will save you money. If you are a light drinker it probably won't save you much.

I know that water, iced tead and cioffee are complimentary in the dining roomd. Are they at the bar as well?The reason why i am asking is my husband doesn't drink alcohol.if we are in a bar listening to entertainment and I get a glass of wine oe cocktail and he gets iced tea, Will he be charged?

I think anyone who judges an entire vacation on a few drinks is setting themselves up for disappointment. Will two or three drinks a day at prices between $6-8.50 or so *really* break the bank or cause you agita? Or do you need to drink yourself stuporous just to feel you've had a good time? There are plenty of no added cost drink options available to supplement yourselves with between the froo-froo bar drinks. The fruity drinks of the day served on Ladabee/CocoCay are huge for that matter- and if you're a decent tipper the liquor content seems to be more than generous!

Archived