LIVE from the Ruby Princess - Stupid Issue of Lemonaide

marving9999

We are live from the Ruby Princess currently sailing to Athens.

The issue of obtaining lemonaide on the ship has become unbelievable.

You can ONLY obtain lemonaide while directly in the Horizon Court which is the buffet dining area. We were sitting directly outside the Horizon Court not more than 5 feet from the door and asked for a glass of lemonaide. The hostess explained that she could not deliver it to my table. It was necessary for me to walk 5 feet and inside the door of the Horizon Court, obtain 2 glasses of lemonaide from a hostess, and then go back outside to my table and sit down. I also found out that lemonaide is NOT available in the main dining areas.

When I asked the head waiter and the food and beverage manager about that, both said that they were following orders directly from Princess headquarters in Los Angeles.

Sometimes, there are plain and simple stupid rules!!!!!!!

Any comments...............

Is this post a joke?...entertaining if it is, sad if its not.

Just enjoy your cruise, thats what you paid for..:confused:

ops0603 et al - no need to be snarky...........

Here is the issue - Princess made a big deal and media splash about starting to offer lemonade. People expect it to be as available as ice tea or water. It isn't. It is only served to you by a wait staff while you are physically sitting at a table in the Horizon Court, and only between the hours of 11:00 and 7. You can't get it delivered, you can't get it in the dining rooms, you can't get it yourself. If you help yourself using one of the pitchers in the Wait Station, you are really in a space you should not be in, handling food service items you should not be handling. Have I done it? Sure, and will probably do it again.

However the issue is that Princess is not living up to their own media hype. Just like cranberry juice and orange juice, lemonade is not a help yourself item. And yes, it is to prevent people like me from "hoarding" juice in the cabin fridge so I can make my own cocktails in the afternoon using my Rum Runner booze. :p

Ahhh...I see its not a joke. I take my attempt at humour all the way back.

Although, I just cannot get over the fact that it was some people`s sheer greed that made Princess impose that rule.

just off the pacific princess and lemonade was in the dispensers, along with ice tea and water... and when requested at dinner was served in the dining room

Certainly a glass of lemonade is not ruining anyone's cruise-it's just the frustration of it all. The company touted lemonade and now you have to jump through hoops to get it.

Perhaps what the original poster said was not (in your opinion) warranted, but I just can't understand why others are so darn judgemental and mean when they disagree with someone. I find different views on any subject interesting. But after reading this thread, I admire anyone who has the courage to post their experiences or their concerns or even their complaints knowing they will most probably be blasted for it.

Karon

WOW This thread is just unbelievable!!! Posters say that Princess has made an issue of where they will serve lemonade - seems to me that it is the complainers that have made an issue, not Princess. It is inconceivable that someone would complain about something so trivial - I dread to think what the rest of the cruise was like for them:(

WOW This thread is just unbelievable!!! Posters say that Princess has made an issue of where they will serve lemonade - seems to me that it is the complainers that have made an issue, not Princess. It is inconceivable that someone would complain about something so trivial - I dread to think what the rest of the cruise was like for them:(

You're missing the point altogether. Princess created an issue by stating they would now be serving lemonade and now it is very difficult to get it. Who created this? Certainly not the client who was told by Princess that he could have it.

In February on the Ruby we went through the whole gambit of the mysterious lemonade affair. DW would order ice water and I would order lemonade. The waiter would leave and go to another employee to discuss something. The original waiter would then bring the ice water. A few minutes later either the original waiter or the other employee would bring the lemonade.

After going through this a few times DW finally agreed to having lemonade as well so we could get our drinks at the same time. We'd make a salad, find a table, order our lemonade, and take turns going back to finish our selections. By the time we had our meal assembled the lemonade would arrive. Worked out fine...

Probably under lock/key with the Dom. :rolleyes:

I have just finished the 16 day T/A on the Ruby, the lemonade was in blue pitchers with the iced tea, coffee, hot tea, & water. All one had to do is pour a glass and then walk to where-ever you wanted to "spike" it, or just enjoy it straight, with or without ice...

Along the same lines, be advise Princess is now CHARGING $ 1.70 a glass (very small) for orange juice and tomato juice from room service in the P.M.

Just play their silly game and order 6 or 8 glasses of each in the morning when it is free from room service and keep it in the refrig. till needed. ~~!!~~113.gif

Just play their silly game and order 6 or 8 glasses of each in the morning when it is free from room service and keep it in the refrig. till needed. ~~!!~~

Another example of how they create issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Princess cheerleader from the get go, but sometimes I think they have their corporate head up their corporate .....................................

This is from the Princess press release about all of the wonderful new things that are going to be found aboard the Ruby:

A Few Fine Touches -- A number of new service touches will be introduced to delight passengers. In the Horizon Court buffet, new waffle stations will offer fresh cooked-to-order waffles at breakfast and throughout lunchtime, and the buffet will also begin serving complimentary lemonade as a beverage choice. In the evening, passengers will find a selection of canapes in several of the ship's public lounges. Passengers arriving back from shore will be greeted with chilled face cloths, and by the pool, "misting stewards" will offer a quick refreshing spritz with Evian to cool off.

I hardly think that constitutes Princess making a big deal about everpresent lemonade.

And if there is a charge for orange juice or tomato juice in the evening do as the previous poster suggested and stock up in the am.

I cannot understand the seeming indignation that Princess is somehow being difficult and guilty of some enormous misinformation campaign. Surely this is not a deal breaker.

Look at the lemonade glass as being half full, not half empty.

Five years ago we were fortunate to be on a B2B one month after being decimated by Hurricane Charley. I was so happy to have hot coffee in the morning and yet there were some who complained that the coffee was not being served to them fast enough. It all depends on where you are coming from.

Certainly a glass of lemonade is not ruining anyone's cruise-it's just the frustration of it all. The company touted lemonade and now you have to jump through hoops to get it.

That's it in a nutshell.....well said.

You're missing the point altogether. Princess created an issue by stating they would now be serving lemonade and now it is very difficult to get it. Who created this? Certainly not the client who was told by Princess that he could have it.

Again, Ethel, well said.

[quote name='WeBeGone']
Here is the issue - Princess made a big deal and media splash about starting to offer lemonade. People expect it to be as available as ice tea or water. [U] It isn't[/U]. It is only served to you by a wait staff while you are physically sitting at a table in the Horizon Court, and only between the hours of 11:00 and 7. [/quote]

Hear, hear - very well said! This is exactly the problem with the lemonade onboard. It won't ruin a cruise, but it's definitely a minor annoyance.

[quote name='Ethel5']You're missing the point altogether. Princess created an issue by stating they would now be serving lemonade and now it is very difficult to get it. Who created this? Certainly not the client who was told by Princess that he could have it.[/quote]

Princess did state that lemonade would be served in the "Horizon Court" and no, was not difficult to get in the Horizon Court. I had all I could drink at breakfast, lunch and when we had dinner in the Horizon Court!! Not sure why Princess has become the "bad guy" as far as lemonade is concerned:confused: If it was served at all the bars, including pool bars they would have stated that in their press release!! Since it was stated "Horizon Court", can't really understand what all the fuss is about??:)

I know that I'm fairly new to these boards,but ,I did think this was a forum to help /support /advise each other? (I know I have had a lot of great advice and help -thanks all!)
I do sometimes get disheartened at the criticisim and personal comments made to posters when they are only expressing their opinion and passing on comments that others may find useful?
To add my comments -on the transatlantic ruby the lemonade wasn't serve yourself , you had to ask waitstaff to get it from the kitchen for you, it wasn't in any of the jugs
Likewise we never had a cool facetowl after any excursion
I'm not complaining! Just saying what happened

Ps lemonade (when you could get it) was really good!

[quote name='Ethel5']You're missing the point altogether. Princess created an issue by stating they would now be serving lemonade and now it is very difficult to get it. Who created this? Certainly not the client who was told by Princess that he could have it.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to sound rude, but I think you are missing the point that there isn't one. This is a really small issue in the scheme of things, especially since the gripe is not that lemonade is available as promised (it is), but that it is sometimes hard to get.

[quote name='MSMcDuffy']About this lemonade....is it fresh squeezed or is it the junk with high fructose corn syrup in it?[/quote]

JUNK:eek:. (this is referring to the lemonade, not to anyone's beloved Princess)
It's not the wonderful lemonade you are expected to make from lemons when things don't go right on your Princess vacation, but suppose to smile and be happy anyways because you are on a cruise:D:D

I left a large lemon in b748, it was too pretty to eat but if you need lemonade please ask Cherry if she has it and tell her I said to give it to you so you get fresh lemonade. Otherwise, ask you guides in Naples to find you some big lemons, they are all over the place, probably in their own back yards, our guide pulled over and asked the owners then picked us a few right off the road!

amelia

Archived