11:30am flight from Santiago too early?

Clay Clayton

I am trying to use award points for our air for our NCL cruise next March/April - we have biz seats for the outbound flights but currently have coach seats for the return (ugh says my six foot seven legs). One possible way to get into the biz cabin is to return to Buenos Aires and fly back to the US from there...but the flight from Santiago departs at 11:30am - is that cuttting it too close given we aren't supposed to be at port until 8am....I already know the answer to this question but was hoping someone could tell me that it can be done....Thanks,

I am trying to use award points for our air for our NCL cruise next March/April - we have biz seats for the outbound flights but currently have coach seats for the return (ugh says my six foot seven legs). One possible way to get into the biz cabin is to return to Buenos Aires and fly back to the US from there...but the flight from Santiago departs at 11:30am - is that cuttting it too close given we aren't supposed to be at port until 8am....I already know the answer to this question but was hoping someone could tell me that it can be done....Thanks,

About a 2 hour drive to the airport and SCL is a ZOO on cruise days. NO WAY will you make it. Can you spend the night and take the same flights the next day???

While I don't remember what time our bus was scheduled to leave the port, I do remember that we were close to an hour late disembarking in Valparaiso and that once at the airport we stood in the check-in line for over an hour--and then in line again (but not as long) for passport check and security screening.

Boy, don't I feel stupid for wasting all your time....turns out that the flight from BA that I was trying to find award seats on to Toronto in reality makes a stop in Santiago before heading on to Toronto so I was trying to find award seats on a flight that I already knew didn't have any.

My apologies! But keep your fingers crossed that between now and April that they open up some biz award seats and I snag them!

Thanks

Archived