Do you need to bring beach towels especially for excursions?

RC said not to bring towels that they are provided but I don't know if these towels can leave the ship. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Usually the ship swimming towels can be taken off the ship, then returned after your excursion.

You will be supplied with large towels that you can take to the pool or to the beach. It used to be that there were stacks of them when you got off the ship and bins when you got on the ship, but that has changed, at least on RCI. There were too many towels that didn't make it back to the ship! Now you can get as many as you want, but you check them out. If you don't return your towels they say you will be charged for them. I believe on our last cruise it was $22 per towel. I don't think they have too many towels left lying around on beaches any more!

So . . . save yourself a lot of suitcase space and don't bring your own.

Have a great cruise!

• 8 months later...

Leave your beach towels at home and save the room in your suitcase for more important things. :D;)

Enjoy your cruise! You'll have a terrific time and will be planning your next cruise before you even disembark. That's what we always do! :D It's so much fun planning, booking and then waiting for it to finally happen! We're down to 62 days and counting until we sail the Valor over spring break. Oh, and be sure to introduce yourself to your roll call so you can meet fellow CC members sailing with you before you sail. That's great fun! I am really looking forward to meeting the members of our roll call at our sail away meeting, our Cabin Crawl/Meet & Greet the first sea day and our Cocktail party or parties after...get "plugged in" to your roll call and you'll be very happy you did!

Archived