Voyager after dry dock?

Probably paint and carpet. Other repairs are most likely in areas not for the public. My friend is on the VOS's first cruise after dry dock which ends on May 24, I think. If I hear any thing other from her, and if no one has answered yet who is on that cruise, I will post.

I did a google search for information and found a Voyager crew member's blog. It was mainly what was going on in her life but did contain complaints about all the new TVs and Electronics the crew had to move around the ship. I would assume RCI in replacing the old TVs with the new flat screen models and the electronics could be the on screen menus and ordering system currently incorporated in RCI's new ships.

Just guessing here and will have to wait for the real answer just like the rest of you.

I cruised the first time out of galveston the past february. I think the issue is how far the airport is from the port. when you fly into miami you can be at the ship in 10 mins. When you go to houston its forever to get to the port in galveston.

I think if you want to cruise the location of the airport is secondary and only an excuse to not cruise. On a couple of our Miami based cruises we flew into Ft. Lauderdale to save on airfare and took a shuttle to Miami. To save on air again we flew into Seattle and drove to Vancouver to sail the inside passage. Flying into San Juan with heavy afternoon traffic and flooded streets to get to the port was not a short ride either.

The point is that if you want to cruise you'll find a way.

I think if you want to cruise the location of the airport is secondary and only an excuse to not cruise. On a couple of our Miami based cruises we flew into Ft. Lauderdale to save on airfare and took a shuttle to Miami. To save on air again we flew into Seattle and drove to Vancouver to sail the inside passage. Flying into San Juan with heavy afternoon traffic and flooded streets to get to the port was not a short ride either.

The point is that if you want to cruise you'll find a way.

Ain't that the truth! Yes, the Port of Galveston may be a little out of the way from the 2 airports (HOU and IAH) but the Voyager is WELL worth the "trouble" of getting there. And I'm hoping for the new flat screens. They take up much less space! The Freedom had the flat screens...it was nice with that extra counter space!

I cruised the first time out of galveston the past february. I think the issue is how far the airport is from the port. when you fly into miami you can be at the ship in 10 mins. When you go to houston its forever to get to the port in galveston.

hmmm...forever????

Have you ever cruised out of Port Canaveral? It's still an hour or so to the Port (and the traffic on the Bee Line is scary)... How about sailing out of LA where traffic can be a nightmare! It's all relative..It's also good to remember that if you flew into Hobby Airport in Houston on SW Airlines - you're really only about 45 minutes to the Port (depending on the time you arrive) and the beauty of SW Air is they don't charge baggage fees...and we all know we overpack when going on a cruise!

I hope we will be able to afford her! I really want to go on her!

Texas Teen - I know you're a big fan of VOS and check into the Galveston Cruise Cam every Sunday. I hope you get the chance to cruise on her when she returns to Galveston next season.

Hopefully I will get to go on her this Christmas! My mom dosn't want me to miss any school, so I have to go on Christmas break, New Years, or Spring break. :( If I could miss any school, we would try to go on the 13th! The 13th sailling is A LOT cheaper than the Christmas cruise! We should know NEXT WEEK if my mom is getting the extra income or not!

Has anyone heard of the work done on the ship during the drydock? What happend??? new carpet? new paint??? new ship??? just curious...

Thanks,

Royal Caribbean is upgrading the bathrooms, from this ...

2ndBdrmbath.jpg

2ndBdrmshower.jpg

To this ...

H3-Bathfromdoor.jpg

H4-Shower.jpg

And they are adding microwave ovens ...

D7-IMG_0864.jpg

Zef

Was this laurie's bathrom on VOS?/ it looks good but i only saw it at night.

Gray

Glad you are getting a JS as it was very nice on NOTS with tons of drawer space.

The first two pictures are from the second (smaller) bathroom in the Royal Family Suite on the Freedom of the Seas. The second two pictures are from the Royal Suite on the Voyager of the Seas. The fifth photo is the safe in a PR cabin on the Voyager of the Seas.

Zef

Was this laurie's bathrom on VOS?/ it looks good but i only saw it at night.

Gray

Glad you are getting a JS as it was very nice on NOTS with tons of drawer space.

Hey Robin - Yea, the Crown mini suite spoilded us. It's hard down grade.

I forgot you were on VOS for one of her last sailings before leaving Galveston for the crossing and dry dock. Did the crew say anything about the changes for the upcoming dry dock?

Royal Caribbean is upgrading the bathrooms, from this ...

2ndBdrmbath.jpg

2ndBdrmshower.jpg

To this ...

H3-Bathfromdoor.jpg

H4-Shower.jpg

And they are adding microwave ovens ...

D7-IMG_0864.jpg

LOL! Wow! You're telling me that's an interior cabin's restroom?!?! That's better than the restrooms in the Junior suites! Oh, and that Microwave looks wierd! LOL!

The first two pictures are from the second (smaller) bathroom in the Royal Family Suite on the Freedom of the Seas. The second two pictures are from the Royal Suite on the Voyager of the Seas. The fifth photo is the safe in a PR cabin on the Voyager of the Seas.

I knew i saw it before:D

Archived