Veggie burgers...do they exist on princess????

wizard-of-roz

While onboard the Sapphire my DH went to the burger spot, on deck, and requested a veggie burger.....YUCK!!!!! What they gave him was more like something you might see cow's grazing on, whilest on the farm.

My DH is a Pizza/Veggie Burger lover for lunch. Princess does a pretty good pizza.....what's up with the Veggie Burger?

Are we going to the wrong place, while onboard, to get them?

I have to agree with you, WOR. I am not big on burgers, preferring to dine a little more upscale while on a cruise ship. However, there is something about that grill area when we return to the ship about 3-4pm after a scuba diving excursion that totally draws me in. In an effort to be a bit healthier, I tried the veggie burger...it was the most obnoxious thing I've eaten since my parents forced me to eat ham hocks and sauerkraut as a kid. They also serve them in the dining room. A tablemate ordered one once and also found them inedible. I can't imagine anyone orders one twice.

They're not at all as good as the soy-substitute veggie patties you can get in the freezer case, and even those are nothing to brag about.

I have never tried a veggie burger on Princess but also find the meat burgers inedible, this from a person who thinks that Princess has the best food overall. I love a medium burger and can never find one that is not cooked to death and strange tasting. I once asked for a medium-rare burger in the dining room for lunch and had to sign a waiver. It still came well done. So, no burgers for me on the ship. The franks and fries are good at the pool though.

Simple in design and manufacturing......Princess, if you're listening.....Next time you're in L.A. send one of your guys to Costco to pick up some veggie burger patty's. I think they're called Bocca Burgers (or something close to that!) All you'd have to do is grill and serve.....My DH thinks they're really yummy for lunch!

And, you'd be making a "health food" fanatic, who is forced to cruise because his wife loves to, very happy!!!!!

And, you'd be making his wife so much happier when she's booking a cruise and he's complaining that; "Princess doesn't have good burgers for lunch!"

Folks can you understand my dilemma? :(

Okay, so I was able to order a veggie burger in the main dining room for lunch. It was HORRIBLE! Upon clearing the table our waiter noticed that I had only taken a bite or two out of the so-called burger. Asking what may be wrong I told him "it was horrible". He replied that was the comment from most people.

However as I point out in other posts the rest of the food on Princess is pretty good.

SAS

Okay, so I was able to order a veggie burger in the main dining room for lunch. It was HORRIBLE! Upon clearing the table our waiter noticed that I had only taken a bite or two out of the so-called burger. Asking what may be wrong I told him "it was horrible". He replied that was the comment from most people.

However as I point out in other posts the rest of the food on Princess is pretty good.

SAS

Doesn't help me much.....but, you are correct! As I stated above.....He deferred to the pizza and salad, which made him very happy!!!!!

Yippeee!!!!! I can continue to book those cruises!!!! ;)

Simple in design and manufacturing......Princess, if you're listening.....Next time you're in L.A. send one of your guys to Costco to pick up some veggie burger patty's. I think they're called Bocca Burgers (or something close to that!) All you'd have to do is grill and serve.....My DH thinks they're really yummy for lunch!

And, you'd be making a "health food" fanatic, who is forced to cruise because his wife loves to, very happy!!!!!

And, you'd be making his wife so much happier when she's booking a cruise and he's complaining that; "Princess doesn't have good burgers for lunch!"

Folks can you understand my dilemma? :(

I can't understand your dilemma at all......as I wouldn't order a salad and expect it to taste like a steak, I wouldn't expect a bunch of ground up veggies shaped into a pattie to taste like a hamburger....:rolleyes:

The whole concept baffles me....if you want to eat veggies why do you want something that tastes like a burger? :confused:

Oh and when he says "Princess doesn't have good burgers for lunch" I would answer how do you know..you have NEVER eaten one......ground up veggies are not burgers! LOL

Dude: Whoa!!!!!! You're shooting the messenger! I agree with you.......It's all about keeping the hubby happy! He thinks these things are the "cats meow!"

I say "yuck", "royal yuck!"

I love the guy; I love traveling with him.....so, I put up with the "veggie burger" needy, weirdness!

I don't dare start on my "stuff", that he puts up with!

Is it too much to ask for? A decent veggie burger to keep hubby happy?

Dude: Whoa!!!!!! You're shooting the messenger! I agree with you.......It's all about keeping the hubby happy! He thinks these things are the "cats meow!"

I say "yuck", "royal yuck!"

I love the guy; I love traveling with him.....so, I put up with the "veggie burger" needy, weirdness!

I don't dare start on my "stuff", that he puts up with!

Is it too much to ask for? A decent veggie burger to keep hubby happy?

:p Apparently it is......can you satisfy him with some grass to graze on? Solstice has that! :D

Or bring some Costco grass burgers with you and have the grill cookem up for him! :eek: If you can smuggle booze then surely you could smuggle some grass burgers! :p

:p Apparently it is......can you satisfy him with some grass to graze on? Solstice has that! :D

Or bring some Costco grass burgers with you and have the grill cookem up for him! :eek: If you can smuggle booze then surely you could smuggle some grass burgers! :p

Alright! Finally! A solution to the problem.....that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!

THANK YOU! I'm laughing so hard.....I can't think of a rhetorical remark that would "up your's!" (Uh! Oh! I didn't mean that in a bad way! :o)

I can just see him "grazing" on the lawn.......The visual is worth the change of cruise lines! Just kidding!

I guess......I'll resort to smuggling in the d_ _ _ things! Now, how do I explain it to the TSA agents?

One of our table mates ordered a veggie burger in the main dining room last week on the Golden Princess. She said the taste was fine but the texture was horrible. She regularly eats veggie burgers and said this one was the worst she has ever had.

Alright! Finally! A solution to the problem.....that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!

THANK YOU! I'm laughing so hard.....I can't think of a rhetorical remark that would "up your's!" (Uh! Oh! I didn't mean that in a bad way! :o)

I can just see him "grazing" on the lawn.......The visual is worth the change of cruise lines! Just kidding!

I guess......I'll resort to smuggling in the d_ _ _ things! Now, how do I explain it to the TSA agents?

Switch to Royal Carribean and tell em they are hockey pucks you will be using in the ice skating rink! :D

You can order them at the grill or in the dining room. I don't really consider the DR food on Princess to be upscale be it veggie burgers or salmon, so I'm not a real food snob on a cruise. If they cook it, serve it and clean up, I'm willing to lower my standards quite a bit.

But, I'm not willing to lower my standards far enough to try another veggie burger in the dining room. I ordered one at lunch...once, just once...and it was awful. I hate to say it, but it was basically inedible. The waiter had tried to warn me. ("Madam, I will bring whatever you like, but many people have told me they do not like this.")

I've also had one or two from the grill. It was definitely not the brand I prefer at home and but it was not as bad the as the one in the dining room.

Your husband may be one of those people who has to learn by experience. After he does, then just send him to the grill when he needs a veggie burger.

I ordered it once - never again. They should be taken off the menu, period.

Not suitable for human consumption.

I agree. They are really awful !! A sandwich made of fries tastes better. :D

On our last cruise, we went to the grill several times for lunch, but had the chicken burgers, which, of course, won't work for your husband. When hubby was on his low cholesterol diet, I would make tofu burgers once a week (you need the really firm tofu), mixing the tofu with shredded veggies. Since I don't cook with salt (except for baking when it's needed for chemical reactions), my burgers were much healthier than some veggie burgers you get at some restaurants (some vegetarian frozen food is very high in sodium). In fact, if you want a veggie burger that's really high in sodium, try the McD's one (about half the daily max of the stuff).

I used to work for a couple who were vegetarians and the boss lady often complained about the lack of variety at many restaurants for their type of eating.

Try calling Princess and how you could bring them. Ask them to put them in the grill refrigerator ready for him to order. They could say no....but they may have a solution. Give a call.

I understand. I too would do these things to make DH happy.

Enjoy your cruise.

Try calling Princess and how you could bring them. Ask them to put them in the grill refrigerator ready for him to order. They could say no....but they may have a solution. Give a call.

I understand. I too would do these things to make DH happy.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'll try this.....and, Dude "hockey pucks", brilliant......Another LOL moment courtesy of the "DUDE!"

My fiance and I are both vegetarians and we were looking forward to trying out Princess' veggie burger since everything else on board always tastes fantastic...I agree with everyone on here, it was AWFUL! The texture was mushy, the flavor was gross!

We generally love to eat veggie burgers at home, like the Nature Burgers, or any veggie burger from any fast food restaurant... but these were just disgusting! Surely, Princess can come up with a better recipe for their veggie burger!

My fiance and I are both vegetarians and we were looking forward to trying out Princess' veggie burger since everything else on board always tastes fantastic...I agree with everyone on here, it was AWFUL! The texture was mushy, the flavor was gross!

We generally love to eat veggie burgers at home, like the Nature Burgers, or any veggie burger from any fast food restaurant... but these were just disgusting! Surely, Princess can come up with a better recipe for their veggie burger!

My DH totally agrees!!!!!

I can do without them.....but, he's a "die-hard" vegetarian and, loves them.

We have a restaurant, here in L.A. called "Follow Your Heart", they have some of the most amazing Veggie Burgers. I tried them and I must admit they are yummy!

special services

beleieve it or not if you fax special services they will fax you back...for instance, if you like a morningstar farm product and you fax them ahead of time they will look into whether or not that can be ordered as a spsecial service on your booking....not saying it is a yes or no, but they will get back to you. Maybe if enough people do it, princess will start using such products onboard...you must fax six weeks prior to sailing in order for the food and bev dept to lookin into it/be able to pre order it for the embarkation port delivery and have it for you.....it can't hurt to try!

special services

beleieve it or not if you fax special services they will fax you back...for instance, if you like a morningstar farm product and you fax them ahead of time they will look into whether or not that can be ordered as a spsecial service on your booking....not saying it is a yes or no, but they will get back to you. Maybe if enough people do it, princess will start using such products onboard...you must fax six weeks prior to sailing in order for the food and bev dept to lookin into it/be able to pre order it for the embarkation port delivery and have it for you.....it can't hurt to try!

cacy: YOU, are my new "hero!" I will try this. Thank you!

Archived