Storing luggage at LHR

We're arriving Sept 2nd at LHR Terminal 5, and would like to leave 2 pieces of luggage in the left luggage counter until our departure Sept 5th for Amsterdam and our Celebrity cruise. I'm assuming the terminal will also be 5. Is this doable and how much trouble is it? I have never flown to LHR and understand the walks can be very long to get from one place to another. Does the airport have the mobile golf carts available to assist those of us who can't walk long distances?

You can leave luggage, but it ain't cheap! http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow%5EGeneral%5EAirport+information%5ETerminal+information%5ELeft+baggage/179b2ed4f4599110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

If you are arriving at T5 you are coming in on BA (who use T5 exclusively). Depends who you are flying with to Amsterdam. 'Golf carts' are available. Found this under 'disabled' http://www.heathrowinformation.co.uk/heathrow-airport-FAC-facilities-disabled.php

Simon

Thanks Simon - We're flying on to Amsterdam on BA. Since I don't know the layout of the airport, I don't know where you leave the luggage and then how to retrieve it if you're in a different area. I'm probably making this more confusing than it really is, but I hate to drag along more luggage than we'll be needing for our London stay.

We're flying on to Amsterdam on BA. Since I don't know the layout of the airport, I don't know where you leave the luggage and then how to retrieve it if you're in a different area.
When you exit Customs, face the Costa Coffee outlet then turn right and walk to the far end of the building (with the glass windows to your left). Baggage storage is at the far end - see page 4 of this terminal map, and look for the number 2 at the left hand end of the map.

You are then conveniently near the entrance to the Tube and Heathrow Express, if that's how you're going to get there.

When you return to T5, make sure you go to the arrivals level first, and collect your bags. Then go up to departures to check-in.

I think that you will find it pretty expensive to store luggage that long at LHR. We stored 2 pieces for just a few (maybe 6) hrs a few years ago, and it was really expensive.
As that page says, it's currently £8 per bag per 24 hours (or part). Two bags x 3 days = £48 total. The individual has to work out whether it's worth paying that to avoid the hassle of carrying it into central London and back.

Archived