sauna on Century?

Bewer

Hi

My dad is thinking of booking a Med cruise on Century in late October. He loves to sauna. Does anyone know if there is a free sauna on the ship (like there is on Constellation in the changing rooms) or only available by buying a Persian Garden pass.

Thanks TourDeCruise. As you have obviously been on Century, did you like her. I have only been on Constellation (twice) and love that ship but have no experience of this class.

Just returned from Century. TourDeCruise is correct, there is a sauna in each changing room located in the Aqua Spa/Fitness Center area. (You need to exchange your SeaPass card for a key to the lockers, should you choose to use one).

The Century is in a class by itself ! We love the size of this ship. It is much more intimate - but we like the fact that a takes only a matter of one or two days for your favorite bartender, activities staff member or other personnel to remember your name. (It's expected of stateroom attendants or MDR servers). These folks in the "public areas" work very hard.

One more note ... the "new" Cruise Director on Century, Rich, was the most visible CD we've ever seen. He was great !

On a sad note ... we heard that this will be the finally year for the Century. Celebrity is ready to sell it. Hard to make money in the mass market cruising industry on a ship of this size, I guess. Sad ... we like the smaller ships.

Thanks for the info. Husband and I already booked on Equinox in October 'Ancient Empires' but now considering an extra week joining my parents on this Century cruise. Have really been bitten by the crusing bug :)

Yes, the Century has free saunas in the spa area's changing rooms. The ladies' room has one for the women, and the men's room has a separate one for the men.

The free one is like a very small closet--but I guess it gets the job done!

Just returned from Century.

On a sad note ... we heard that this will be the finally year for the Century. Celebrity is ready to sell it. Hard to make money in the mass market cruising industry on a ship of this size, I guess. Sad ... we like the smaller ships.

Oh my--this would be big news! Was it just talk or something more definite??? Hope they never get rid of Mercury!

Thanks TourDeCruise. As you have obviously been on Century, did you like her. I have only been on Constellation (twice) and love that ship but have no experience of this class.

Yes, I have been on Century 4 times, all in Europe, and enjoyed her a lot. I like the size of the smaller Century-class ships, and I feel more at home on them. They are all good though. Kathy

• 2 months later...

I wonder if plans have changed - Century is now showing Carribean itineraries throughout 2010... :)

I wonder if plans have changed - Century is now showing Carribean itineraries throughout 2010... :)

She has cruises beyond that too:D...check the Caribbean for 2011.:)

Ah - good catch...

I wonder if Century will at least make it back to Europe in 2011? :)

From what I gather, she is doing only the Caribbean but of course

I am not privey to any inside information. But thinking back,

if I recall, I think CENTURY is only going to be doing 4/5 night

sailings all year round.

it would seem strange that they would sell the century so soon after spending all that money on renovations?

It's no different than putting a house on a market before weeds had a chance to break through your brand new mulch and moisture - through a hastily slapped on coat of paint :p

I'm not trying to put down the ship - just saying that things like these do happen... :)

Archived