Carnival Cruise line question

Booman14

To any expert out there, please help me with this:

First of all, does Carnival have any "friend referral" program? The kind you get some kind of reward for referring your friends/family? I have just talked six different families into taking a cruise on Carnival, however none at the same time. So I can't go for the group rate. Also, does Carnival still give OBC for persons owning 100 shares of its stock? Thanks so much for your time......:):):)

First of all, does Carnival have any "friend referral" program? The kind you get some kind of reward for referring your friends/family? I have just talked six different families into taking a cruise on Carnival, however none at the same time. So I can't go for the group rate. Also, does Carnival still give OBC for persons owning 100 shares of its stock? Thanks so much for your time......:):):)

If they had a friend referral program I'd be in hog heaven.

Now if someone informs us that they do and I haven't used it, I'll have to slit my wrists.

If they had a friend referral program I'd be in hog heaven.

Now if someone informs us that they do and I haven't used it, I'll have to slit my wrists.

Umm...:eek: We have a Dr. Ruth in the Unofficial Whale Tail Club. You may want to look her up.

No friend referral program.

The fax number for stock info is 305-406-6477. We just put our names, date of ship, sailing date, and booking number along with a copy of our stock information in a letter and it works fine.

I believe that Carnival has a friend referral program. They also give an OBC for those earning a certain amount of stock, however, I don't know how many shares you have to own to get it. By the way, I'm not an expert.

yes, they do still give $100 OBC for 100 shares, I'm not sure how to claim it, though, others will.

So for roughly $2000 you can get $100 onboard credit for every cruise you take?

Not a horrible deal if you cruise a lot.

The closest thing I'm aware of to a referral program is the "Friends's and Family" discount they offer at times for active/former military. Basically, you can extend your discount to several other cabins of people sailing with you.

Not exactly what you were looking for.

So for roughly $2000 you can get $100 onboard credit for every cruise you take?

Not a horrible deal if you cruise a lot.

Not quite. Right now you are looking at more like $2600 to buy 100 shares. Make sure to factor in any broker fees you might be charged. The shareholder benefit is extended from year to year and could be discontinued at any time - it's not guaranteed to continue past July 2010 right now. The $100 is only on 7 or 8 day cruises - anything 6 days or less is only a $50 credit.

I love Carnival and do own the stock, but I'm also a banker. The OBC is a very bad reason to buy stock - if you decide to buy make sure you read the financials and buy because you have faith in the company that the share price will go up and not because of a $100 credit on an upcoming cruise. The people who bought in at $48 just so they could get that OBC are learning and expensive lesson now. Also - the 52 week low was running in the 14s for the stock so use your best judgment.

The stock OBC is definitely a nice perk. They have had it for at least 10 years.

I agree that the stock is not something that you will get rich from but if you enjoy cruising, I think it is a no brainer. It isn't just for Carnival cruises but includes any of the lines that the carnival corp owns. That would be Holland American, Princess, Carnival, Seabourn, etc.

Archived